PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Hocking Hills Unofficial Discussion Thread

Mudpuppy
01-02-2014, 03:58 PM
Ok time to start planning. I am riding A LOT in 2014 so you can jump on the bandwagon or cry in your fucking pillow. Either way is cool with me.

So I am looking to make not 1, not 2 but 3 trips to Hocking Hills this year. Post up some ideas of dates with alternate dates for each. Lodging ideas. Comments, derogatory remarks or just whatever. Let's do this.

Thruxtonbill
01-02-2014, 04:41 PM
You know I'm in, I am really disappointed we didn't get back last year.
Count the lurker out, he's vanished. I'd like to spend 3 days down there and cross the river into WVa.
Chris needs to be involved and we need an official TWM rally of sorts. Getting a cabin or block of hotel rooms require early planning.

sprink
01-02-2014, 05:59 PM
You know I'm in, I am really disappointed we didn't get back last year.
Count the lurker out, he's vanished. I'd like to spend 3 days down there and cross the river into WVa.
Chris needs to be involved and we need an official TWM rally of sorts. Getting a cabin or block of hotel rooms require early planning.

I agree completely (not sure about the lurker though)! I have plans the week following July 4th, but otherwise am open to ideas.

Hocking Hills is close enough to plan and change around the weather, for those that are flexible. Lots of options for base and roads. WV is really kick ass too!

A block of rooms or other organized large group will have to be arranged in advance to be sure to meet dates planned. My Sportster group just made plans in TN/NC for July and they would only hold a block of rooms until February.

detdrbuzzard
01-02-2014, 08:25 PM
i'm going to see if i can make one of the HH runswith a stop in renoldsburg for some masseys pizza

Gas Man
01-02-2014, 10:11 PM
I'm down... 4 hours away is super sweet. I heard you can ride back even with a wrecked bike. BAM I'm in. I hear they have deer there too!

Thruxtonbill
01-03-2014, 07:58 AM
:lmao:......

Mudpuppy
01-03-2014, 10:17 AM
Yes I totally agree Bill we should make 1 of the 3 trips an official TWM rally. What better place? I can name none. Everyone does the gap and logistically / cost wise it is out of reach for some people. But Hocking Hills is definitely within reach of everyone. I spent less than $200 in our trip there including gas, room, beer and food. I believe we rode about 550 miles in 3 days. So really an inexpensive trip.

RedneckMedic
01-04-2014, 06:06 AM
I need to go back not only to boost my confidence and pride but because those roads are fuckking awesome. Definitely going to take it nice and slow this year because I want to make it back in ine peice with out 12G in repairs.

That being said I will have an extra 4 hr ride tacked on if I go because I'm planning a move around June so I can work in traverse city.

Ultra AL
01-04-2014, 08:46 AM
That being said I will have an extra 4 hr ride tacked on if I go because I'm planning a move around June so I can work in traverse city.

Getting out of Downriver, huh Redneck? Beautiful area up there in Traverse. I'm sure you'll love it!

Thruxtonbill
01-04-2014, 09:04 AM
I'm planning a move around June so I can work in traverse city.That's awesome

Bagger Dave
01-04-2014, 09:32 AM
I'm down... 4 hours away is super sweet. I heard you can ride back even with a wrecked bike. BAM I'm in. I hear they have deer there too!
:lol:

Gas Man
01-04-2014, 09:46 AM
Damn Lance... Traverse City... good for you, sucks for us. But in your life, now is the time. If you need any help with shit up that way, let me know... FIL lives in Mancelona/Alba area.

RedneckMedic
01-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Ya Im looking in the mancelona kalkaska area. It's where I just spent the last week in the sled.

leebo
01-04-2014, 12:33 PM
I hear its really nice up there!

Mudpuppy
01-07-2014, 03:44 PM
Lance if you need any help I am always around to help as well

Thruxtonbill
01-14-2014, 11:51 AM
http://www.lazylanecabins.com/falcon_ridge.htm

Mudpuppy
01-14-2014, 11:58 AM
Good call. Bill you shack up with Gasman. The rest of us will be out riding while you love birds cuddle up.

Firetaz419
01-14-2014, 01:07 PM
I'm in depending on $$, I have enough PTO saved to make it a 10 day weekend :D

Mudpuppy
01-15-2014, 11:02 AM
Cheap trip really - save yo pop cans.

I am planning on gopro'ing up. Thinking about running around 5 go pros on the various bikes. Getting ready to order a couple 3+ black editions. Just waiting for word back on when the 4 comes out - if it comes out soon I might wait.

So let's talk dates.

Trip 1: Mid to late May (I can't do weekend of May 17 & 18 - son's birthday)
Trip 2: Late July
Trip 3: September (but not close to the gap trip - see other thread. I forget those dates).

That is my rough tentative schedule.

Thruxtonbill
01-15-2014, 04:01 PM
I'm pretty clear as long as there is enough notice. It doesn't seem there is enough interest in a real TWM rally and that's fine (hello Chris, is this thing on?). Maybe we can atleast nail down a date and give everyone a chance to commit so we can lock in a place to stay. If it only ends up being a handful that want to go, hotel rooms would still need to be reserved atleast 2-3 weeks in advance as that area always has something going on.

sprink
01-15-2014, 07:29 PM
I am likely in for this/these. I have plans only July 10-14 plus or minus a day or two, so far. It'd be nice to have a large TWM turn out, but the little group we had last time was awesome. Whatever you guys settle on, I will try to make it work.

Firetaz419
01-15-2014, 07:53 PM
I'm down to go, Mud how much $ are we looking at roughly (so i can save my beer cans) - I'm tentative for may, July would be more of a for sure yes for me... really comes down to work and $$ shit is really tight for me right now :-/

RedneckMedic
01-15-2014, 08:53 PM
Well the trip cost me about $14,000 last time haha. But ya very cheap trip. Gas hotel and foot cost me about 225 bucks last time.

Gas Man
01-15-2014, 09:50 PM
I'm down for whatever... I can't plan anything as my year projects haven't really started yet... but I will get it figured out shortly into the year.

Firetaz419
01-16-2014, 09:22 AM
Ok that's not too bad, if it's that cheap I might be able to swing 2 trips if I have enough PTO to get work off.

Thruxtonbill
01-16-2014, 09:32 AM
Keep in mind we have a greater chance of rain in the early Spring.

Mudpuppy
08-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Well this is back on - Greg, Dave, Joe and I are leaving around 9am on Friday, August 15, 2014. Wiring up radar detector and gopro this weekend - will be wired for sound.

Fastfem24
08-08-2014, 01:26 PM
I want some damn time off for this WTF.. grr

Dagnabit
08-08-2014, 01:32 PM
Im actually off that weekend. Not sure what I have going on with the family yet though.

Mudpuppy
08-08-2014, 02:06 PM
Going to be an epic time. $119 a night at the hotel. Motel. Holiday Inn, say what? Sorry broke into NWA lyrics. Not staying at Holiday Inn.

Tazman
08-10-2014, 01:43 PM
That looks like a great ride. I would try to make that one as I have some friends down in St Albans WV that might ride up to meet with us. Some over in Richmond KY as well. Not too far a jaunt for them either.

That is for one of the later dates. Going to Milton Ontario on the 15th.

Moesride
08-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Well hook up when you get back Paul. Just left Millstone BBq a few minutes ago.....I know you can't wait! Roads are waiting on ya man!

Mudpuppy
08-14-2014, 12:01 PM
So not ready whatsoever got a million things going on today. The little baby boys are fighting over not having enough straps - I told them fucking go to autozone and buy some god damn straps. They are like $10. The other bozo won't let us use his 3 bike trailer so now we are stuck with 2 bikes on a trailer and 2 bikes in a pickup truck, 4 guys AND where the fuck is the gear going??!?!? PLAN is to leave at 0900 tomorrow morning - my guess is we should be ohio bound at around 1300.

Bill is hiding from me not going - I was going to discuss purchasing a fleet of Esclades for my company paying cash full price at hocking hills but he pimped me so I guess I will buy navigators.

We have no routes planned.

We got 1 room 2 queens.

Epic times ahead.

And Bill - kick to the nuts is coming very soon. Or get on the god damn bike and get to Mt. Vernon god damnit.

Gas Man
08-15-2014, 12:11 AM
:lmao:

RedneckMedic
08-15-2014, 05:29 PM
Have fun guys and be safe.

Thruxtonbill
08-16-2014, 08:34 AM
Not hiding, in full work mode, Really wanted to go but just couldn't make it happen. I haven't even done a 1k miles this year..sucks. Have fun and I'll be waiting for my nut kick.

Gas Man
08-16-2014, 09:06 AM
I understand and living the same thing Bill....

Mudpuppy
08-18-2014, 11:43 AM
Not hiding, in full work mode, Really wanted to go but just couldn't make it happen. I haven't even done a 1k miles this year..sucks. Have fun and I'll be waiting for my nut kick.

Dude I really have to retract the nut kick and re-issue to this motherfucker below. I had a great fucking time thanks to you telling me it would be this weekend, etc. Did 600 miles. Shot SHIT tons of great video. I, more than anyone, especially a motherfucker trying to eek out 225hp out of a fox body mustang for 80x what it is worth, understand shit comes up. I will tell you what. Friday was like recon day - 120 mile ride down 586 and 146 back up 313 and 93. Mellow ride - spirited pace. Saturday headed out with the Triumph group. Good times - less than our mellow pace on Friday but enjoyed riding with new people. Except they have 2 flaws - 1. They went to the school of Bill and stop in the sun instead of in the shade. 2. They like to just stop in a blind corner on the side of the road in a 55mph zone instead of say a parking lot or somewhere safe - and chaos ensues. But after we rode with them, ate lunch, lost Rich, went to Old Man's cave, found Rich then the 3 asphalt assassins - me, Greg and Joe - split off. Short freeway ride to 550 - no big deal. We hit the 550 dude and something went off in my head like a lightning bolt. I was following Joe and Greg. They turned onto 550 and paused - I was like fuck that and it was game on. I went 5 miles at full bore and I looked back to see distant headlights, lol. I was like oh shit I just got in the zone and just started fucking riding. It was almost like everything I ever learned on a bike all made sense and I just went for it. And seriously I know for a fact I don't know a rider better than Greg. He was impressed with my corner shredding. I am thinking the sun shines on a dog's ass every now and again. It was shining Saturday. And I had full gear - 50 lb backpack in tow. He was like didn't look like that slowed you down, lol. Joe and I are about same in terms of riding - we have done tons of track days together and usually pass each other equally - personally I'd say, at least on the track, he is a little bit faster than me. So then we hit 555 and made it our BITCH. I think I wicked it up even further once I hit the 555. Paused to show Greg the infamous ultraglide turn but other than that it was game fucking on. On 555 Greg was hanging right with me and Joe was a few corners back. I was riding possessed - 99.99999% of the time Greg will follow me for 1-2 turns, get bored and pass me then he is gone. Not that day. So we did the stretch from 550 on the 555 until 37 I think. Took a 5 minute break. Now it's dusk, on the triple nickle and you know it's fucking deer country. And it started raining. It didn't phase me. I enjoyed the elevated challenge. Got back on the triple nickel and continued at the same pace. Hit a small spot of rain but never broke stride - even Greg, expert rider, was like fuck he's not slowing up so he was like fuck it and followed me. Then we got into some woods and a nice fat doe lumbered across the road - had to brake check big time. Then the road got wet. So I would take it easy in the wet spots (not usually my style) and then turn it back up when it dried up constantly searching for deer in the wooded areas. Saw 3 more deer but off the road running into the woods. Got back to the hotel around 9:40pm and did 100 more miles than the rest of the good. Probably most fun riding I have had in a long time. Video will be coming something soon - was running 3 different cameras multiple mounting options on 2 different bikes. 2 HD cameras and 1 SD camera.

I understand and living the same thing Bill....

Don't encourage him motherfucker. He's a big boy he can take his own nut kick.

sprink
08-18-2014, 04:49 PM
Wish I had gone, but I'd have been left with the retards, lol. Or should I say the slow retards. Sounds like an awesome trip!

Thruxtonbill
08-18-2014, 10:39 PM
Wish I had gone, but I'd have been left with the retards, lol. Or should I say the slow retards. Sounds like an awesome trip!

Me to Greg, but man I wanted to be there...God damnit.
Paul you're the best bro, reading your two wheel drabble I lived vicariously through you...only I was still my good looking self and I rode a Triumph....other then that your accounts were the bombdiggity, thanks again.

Mudpuppy
08-20-2014, 10:42 AM
Well then you are going to want to drive straight up to Canada and marry me TODAY when you see this shit (and it's a teaser - just sticking the tip of the tip in to get it wet - we have 100s of hours of footage from multiple angles to weed through - this was just a short example to get the HD footage edited on my desktop with new gopro software):

https://vimeo.com/103875159

And there was no "slow retards" or whatever - everyone rode at their own pace which is all I ever want in a ride. EVERYONE had a great time riding whether it was 250 miles or 600 miles.

Deal's Gap next month - September 9-14. Be there or be upset you stayed home and played golf or whatever you motherfuckers do when you aren't riding - working on shitstangs, etc. And Hocking Hills again this year? Still plenty of time. Say the word motherfuckers. I'm game.

Mudpuppy
08-20-2014, 11:30 AM
And the official trailer from Not so little Joe not from Kokomo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fxu71ofDss&sns=em

Bagger Dave
08-20-2014, 12:20 PM
Cool vid's Mud!! awesome footage :rockwoot: glad you guy's had a good time!

RedneckMedic
08-20-2014, 12:44 PM
Nice! Same go pro template I used on one of my snowmobile vids.

Mudpuppy
08-21-2014, 12:40 AM
Friday ride on 146

http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o348/mudpuppyr6/PGG_2120e-3.jpg (http://s340.photobucket.com/user/mudpuppyr6/media/PGG_2120e-3.jpg.html)

Mudpuppy
08-21-2014, 12:44 AM
Cool vid's Mud!! awesome footage :rockwoot: glad you guy's had a good time!

Nice! Same go pro template I used on one of my snowmobile vids.

Thanks. More to come - that's just a little teaser.

Gas Man
08-22-2014, 12:29 AM
JAwesome!

Mudpuppy
08-22-2014, 09:51 AM
Full videos yet to come. Not a ton of pictures. Just mostly video.