PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Strike

Gas Man
12-21-2013, 11:24 AM
http://getlightningstrike.com/

http://vimeo.com/73833502

$275 and I wonder if their HD switch can be flipped to the other handlebar...

Moesride
12-21-2013, 12:03 PM
I like this! Any of you boys know if this will fly in our great state of MI.? Because if it does, G just spent some more of my euros !! I'll be flashing this thing at every cluster fucked intersection like a bad habit.

leebo
12-21-2013, 12:22 PM
I like this! Any of you boys know if this will fly in our great state of MI.? Because if it does, G just spent some more of my euros !! I'll be flashing this thing at every cluster fucked intersection like a bad habit.Yea im in for this if its legal.

Gas Man
12-21-2013, 12:32 PM
I might be in as well guys... group buy?

Moesride
12-21-2013, 12:42 PM
If its good to go in MI. I'm in..!

Ultra AL
12-21-2013, 12:46 PM
I might be in on that if it's legal.

Klimoman
12-21-2013, 01:07 PM
I can't see why it would not be legal because it is not blue or red in color. However, the way it flashes back and forth may get you pulled over a lot. LOL

horrorbusiness
12-21-2013, 02:42 PM
I foresee people getting harrased / arrested for impersonating an officer.

leebo
12-21-2013, 05:39 PM
I foresee people getting harrased / arrested for impersonating an officer. Yea that what I was thinkin,Plus some that might think they are.

Bagger Dave
12-21-2013, 06:03 PM
I might be in as well guys... group buy?
X2! :dthumb:

Moesride
12-22-2013, 12:24 AM
Got a hold of these guys today asking if this product is good to go for our State. He said he would run the Statutes and get back with me tomorrow. He did say that he did not see a problem with it though. Ill post up as soon as I here back.

Gas Man
12-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Awesome Moe.

Did you ask them about a group buy price?

Moesride
12-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Told him a few of us were interested but first thing , let's make sure this will fly in MI. If it does I'll talk to him about quantity and negotiate the pricing.

leebo
12-22-2013, 01:07 PM
Told him a few of us were interested but first thing , let's make sure this will fly in MI. If it does I'll talk to him about quantity and negotiate the pricing.Roger that

Gas Man
12-22-2013, 03:17 PM
Rock it out Moe!

Moesride
12-22-2013, 03:39 PM
I just knocked on his door again ........should know soon.

Moesride
12-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Moe,I have been getting many of the same questions from other customers about the legality of our lights in their areas. Our recent marketing efforts have opened-up questions not only nationwide, but worldwide as well. Good for us, but it is a lot to handle as you can imagine. Reading all the rules and regulations, and making a determination of those is a daunting task. I do have people in many states using these lights, regardless of what their rules are. I'm not recommending that is the position you take, but is a choice they make; plain and simple. To that end, I have decided to land on the following statement to address this concern for all customers who want to use our products.
Regarding the installation and use of our product in any riding area (Nationally or Globally) it is impractical for our company to claim if they are legal or illegal. Generally, each City, State, Province or Country maintains their own statutes, laws, rules, codes and regulations. Some are difficult to interpret and may be subject to misunderstanding. (They also change often). In short, it would be a disservice to our customers for our company to make claims that we cannot accurately confirm. We recommend you research the rules in your particular riding area before purchasing, installing or using our products. Another option would be to consult an attorney or legal service to make these determinations. The light colors we sell to the general public and through distribution are amber or white. We do also sell red, blue and green to those who can present the legal credentials to utilize these colors. These customers include police, municipalities, processional groups, etc.

Please feel free to reply or call me with any further questions.

Judd......

This is the response I got back fellazzz.......I don't know. Going to have to do some self research on this. I just figured if your going to sell a product maybe you should know who you can sell it to. I may just pick one up anyway ...idk? Need to think about it.

Bagger Dave
12-22-2013, 10:11 PM
Moe,I have been getting many of the same questions from other customers about the legality of our lights in their areas. Our recent marketing efforts have opened-up questions not only nationwide, but worldwide as well. Good for us, but it is a lot to handle as you can imagine. Reading all the rules and regulations, and making a determination of those is a daunting task. I do have people in many states using these lights, regardless of what their rules are. I'm not recommending that is the position you take, but is a choice they make; plain and simple. To that end, I have decided to land on the following statement to address this concern for all customers who want to use our products.
Regarding the installation and use of our product in any riding area (Nationally or Globally) it is impractical for our company to claim if they are legal or illegal. Generally, each City, State, Province or Country maintains their own statutes, laws, rules, codes and regulations. Some are difficult to interpret and may be subject to misunderstanding. (They also change often). In short, it would be a disservice to our customers for our company to make claims that we cannot accurately confirm. We recommend you research the rules in your particular riding area before purchasing, installing or using our products. Another option would be to consult an attorney or legal service to make these determinations. The light colors we sell to the general public and through distribution are amber or white. We do also sell red, blue and green to those who can present the legal credentials to utilize these colors. These customers include police, municipalities, processional groups, etc.

Please feel free to reply or call me with any further questions.

Judd......

This is the response I got back fellazzz.......I don't know. Going to have to do some self research on this. I just figured if your going to sell a product maybe you should know who you can sell it to. I may just pick one up anyway ...idk? Need to think about it.

I hear ya Moe...if I were to get one....I would go with the White LED Lights...being that I have all White LED's on the front of my bike :lol:
Maybe see what he can do for a group buy price....IDK....like you said...have to think about it

horrorbusiness
12-23-2013, 07:27 AM
Oscillating head lights are legal in the day time here. So they may be legal just not prudent. I know people who used the flashing head light kits on cars that were popular for a while and it was a sure fire way to meet the local authority's even when parked.

Gas Man
12-23-2013, 09:23 AM
I wonder if this is similar to the flashing headlight like HB said.

I understand their POV in not completely addressing the legal side... becuase it can be a legal hassle for them. Especially if they get the "well you guys said it was ok and now I have a $200 ticket I want your company to pay for!".

Perhaps check MSP.

RedneckMedic
12-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Yet another thing to fish through the bars.

Gas Man
12-23-2013, 10:21 PM
Yeah but these are on the engine bar.

RedneckMedic
12-23-2013, 11:45 PM
The switch is on the bar though

Gas Man
12-24-2013, 12:17 AM
True...

Moe, can you ask him if it can be mounted on either side?!?

Moesride
12-24-2013, 11:38 AM
Yes Sir.......just did. I'll let you guys know. I'm leaning towards getting this......mainly for intersections. If it gets a drivers attention as I'm riding by a potentially sticky situation I'm all for it. Its not that I'll have it on all the time like a clown. Broken fucking bones hurt man, I don't want anymore so legal or not, I'll take my chances........I think having this on your bike will help big time!

Moesride
12-24-2013, 12:45 PM
It can go on either bar G........although he recommends not using the throttle side for obvious reasons. Other than that both sides off the bar are cool....he's also getting a group price together for us. We shall see....... He just got back with me. $20 off the regular price if 3 or more are purchased at the same time. Best he could do. If any of you guys are interested post up or I'm going solo on this.........

Gas Man
12-24-2013, 10:34 PM
Problem is my GPS is mounted on the left bar.

RedneckMedic
12-24-2013, 10:59 PM
You could always add a switch to your dash or fairing but then you would be taking a hand off the bars.

Gas Man
12-25-2013, 08:01 AM
I'm all for mounting it anywhere... I get the reason... but then mounting the GPS becomes the issue.

junkyardjon
12-25-2013, 09:14 AM
this is too funny. little FYI for yall, go to ebay and spend around $40 for the same thing.

you shouldn't have a problem with state laws, not like your gonna be riding around with them on all the time.

junkyardjon
12-25-2013, 09:18 AM
look at led stobe lights and use a clamp on starter button, alot of bikes have the starter button on it's owe switch housing. ebay or amazon will save you alot of money.

Gas Man
12-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Jon has a good point... we should look into that.

Ultra AL
12-25-2013, 01:17 PM
I think I'm gonna pass on this for now. I'm hoping to upgrade to the Daymakers this year, so my extra $ will go towards those instead.

leebo
12-25-2013, 01:19 PM
look at led stobe lights and use a clamp on starter button, alot of bikes have the starter button on it's owe switch housing. ebay or amazon will save you alot of money.Brilliant!!!