PDA

View Full Version : Insurance changes?

Gas Man
11-15-2013, 11:08 PM
It's open enrollment time for most workplaces... so what's changed?

Mine went up like $1.75 a week with the same coverages...

The only thing that changed is recognizing same sex marriage coverage. I thought that was cool.

Klimoman
11-16-2013, 05:01 AM
Now you can your "man" coverage? LOL

Kosher
11-16-2013, 07:36 AM
Until 2 years ago we had amazing insurance - zero copay on anything, self refer, no deductibles, really zero out of pocket expenses.

Then they went to a system where they still pay for well care 100%, but we have a 20% co-pay on everything else. They do fund a good chunk of money 2X/year into an HSA for us to pay those costs, but of course it is limited and designed to shrink every year.

Mudpuppy
11-18-2013, 05:06 PM
Same cost for me, nothing changed. Fuck you ACA.

Mad Dog
11-19-2013, 10:21 AM
Everything remains the same for me. If you are in a union you probably won't be effected. Nobama don't want to loose the union vote. Sucks for non union workers as this creates different classes of citizens in the eyes of some.

Kosher
11-26-2013, 10:53 AM
A good explanation of whats going on at my company and others in the tech industry. If you tax something you get less of it. And therefore less tax money from it so why bother?

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/25/21612971-large-employers-cite-obamacare-cadillac-tax-in-reducing-benefits?lite

Ultra AL
11-26-2013, 03:06 PM
I provide insurance for my employees. It's way too freaking expensive as is. Now, the plan I have is no longer ACA compliant. It will be cancelled Dec 31. The plans most similar to what we provide will go up in cost about 15% and deductible, co-insurance, out of pocket for the employees goes up significantly as well.

'If you like your plan, screw you' is what I think Obama meant to say. Screw him is what I say!

sfcusaret2004
11-27-2013, 10:36 AM
Get ready for it boys and girls. If this law is allowed to stand it will turn the economy and our nation on it's ear! This was never about insuring the uninsured, it is all about fundmentally changing the nation and pitting the haves and have nots. How else can you explain why the vast majority of working americans are going to either lose their policies altogether so that they can be forced to buy the "new and improved" obamacare policies, while those who were never eligable before will get policies that will be paid for by us. I'm not sure if we want to open a discussion thread on this topic as it could get just as polarized as the nation currently is, but I think the discussion needs to take place. Bottom line is, if you or someone you know is affected by this law, you, we, need to get informed and VOTE this coming November, and not let the media let us forget it come 2016.

sfcusaret2004
11-27-2013, 10:45 AM
Everything remains the same for me. If you are in a union you probably won't be effected. Nobama don't want to loose the union vote. Sucks for non union workers as this creates different classes of citizens in the eyes of some.

Sorry mad dog but that isn't necessarily true. Granted, the unions were initially excluded somewhat but only until 2016-2018 depending on which source you believe, but after that, or when negotiationg new contracts, those protections will change. Since the prez has already unilaterally changed the initial law through executive order 19 times, as well as the secretary of Health and Human services changing the rules (which apparently does not require congressional approval!)what makes you think it will remain stable as it is? I am in a union at one of the premier health care institutions in the state/nation, and our contract was extended until 2018 but we all got the email from the management stating that they were forming a task force to review employer covered benefits to see how they can "remain competative while reducing the costs of health care and other benefits in order to comply with the ACA." No one really know how this is going to afect us but I'll wager none of are going to like it.

Fastfem24
11-27-2013, 12:13 PM
Ours went up too

Ultra AL
11-27-2013, 02:20 PM
O'Reilly says the only ones who won't have theirs go up are the ones who don't pay for it anyway.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/11/27/oreilly_affordable_care_act_is_too_expensive.html# .UpY45RnWnb4.facebook

Moesride
11-27-2013, 04:24 PM
Been paying through the nose and will keep doing so with a fucking smile on my face........

Ultra AL
11-27-2013, 06:08 PM
that aint no smile on my face Moe. It's a grimace of pain in the wallet!

Moesride
11-27-2013, 11:08 PM
I here you Al...being self employed and all. You and I have been riding the same ship for quite some time. Paying these fucking premiums are getting harder and harder. So I feel your pain Al..