PDA

View Full Version : Winter projects

Firetaz419
11-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Well winter is around the corner... For me this year this mean that the bike is getting torn apart and getting ready to possibly be sold ;)

Need some advise though... Does anyone know any cheap places to buy brake pads or is every where roughly the same?

Kosher
11-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Well winter is around the corner... For me this year this mean that the bike is getting torn apart and getting ready to possibly be sold ;)

Need some advise though... Does anyone know any cheap places to buy brake pads or is every where roughly the same?

Very cheap, and I hear very good as well. I heard of them after I plunked down for Lyndalls, but will definitely try them next time

Road Glide, right? http://www.d2moto.com/casearch.aspx?searchterm=Harley+Road+Glide+brake+p ads

Firetaz419
11-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Very cheap, and I hear very good as well. I heard of them after I plunked down for Lyndalls, but will definitely try them next time

Road Glide, right? http://www.d2moto.com/casearch.aspx?searchterm=Harley+Road+Glide+brake+p ads

no, ninja zx6r

Kosher
11-14-2013, 06:14 PM
no, ninja zx6r

Oh, sorry. Check the site, they have a number of Kawis, but I dont think the z6xr.

http://www.d2moto.com/c-1257-brake-pads.aspx

Gas Man
11-14-2013, 06:41 PM
I use to use KneeDraggers but I see they changed hands...
http://www.motosport.com/

owl
11-15-2013, 08:36 AM
Hey Gas Man, why take the bike apart just to off it? You canhave a lot of fun choosing, custom / chrome parts to fly ride your new bike,the way you want it to looks good. Get a Road Glide and just ride it.
While we’re on the subject (working on motorcycle) I will beinstalling new tires (on RG) over the winter and I need help. Witch tire do Iwant? Dunlap eliteIII radial or bias or Michelin commander. I have talked to several guys withcommanders and they say everything is better (ride handling cornering) but notone of them has ridden in the rain. I have Dunlap’s (bias) on my Electra Glide andtheir nice but if there is something better I want it.
Didn’t mean to steal your thread
Jim

Gas Man
11-15-2013, 08:47 AM
Unless you're just being funny... it isn't I that is taking his bike apart... :D

owl
11-15-2013, 09:12 AM
I apologize Chris. I read “the bike is getting torn apart and getting ready topossibly be sold” and for whatever reason I thought G M ?
Jim

Firetaz419
11-15-2013, 12:11 PM
I apologize Chris. I read “the bike is getting torn apart and getting ready topossibly be sold” and for whatever reason I thought G M ?
Jim

Haha Jim, normally I wouldn't strip the bike and fix it up just too sell it... But when I get my new bike I have two options, either sell the ninja (if I did this it would be going to a friend and either way I'd be doing this for her) or the other option is taking them both, and selling them to get a Harley (in which case I'll need t get the most money I can for them so I'll pretty it up.

Gas Man
11-15-2013, 01:59 PM
Jim

:lol: It's an honest confusion and a statement that lends itself towards me anyway... so I get it. Very funny, like TBS.

Haha Jim, normally I wouldn't strip the bike and fix it up just too sell it... But when I get my new bike I have two options, either sell the ninja (if I did this it would be going to a friend and either way I'd be doing this for her) or the other option is taking them both, and selling them to get a Harley (in which case I'll need t get the most money I can for them so I'll pretty it up.

Go big or go home. Take it for what you want.

Firetaz419
11-15-2013, 03:09 PM
Go big or go home. Take it for what you want.

Oh trust me Chris, either way if I keep my new bike or sell them both and buy a Harley... It will be going big. Being an ex-superbike guy you'll understand :)

RedneckMedic
11-15-2013, 11:15 PM
Whats the new bike?

Bagger Dave
11-16-2013, 05:59 AM
Whats the new bike?
he won't tell us...it's top secret :lol:

leebo
11-16-2013, 10:01 AM
Not much for me.gettin ready to take the seat off and send to the seat guy..buyin a couple chrome thingys and lookin for a new place to get a tuneup.(the old place closed)

junkyardjon
11-16-2013, 10:42 PM
well if I find time, i'm gonna strip my red bike down and redo almost everything. it's a 71 cb750, wanna mix the old with the new and have brakes that might just stop me for once lol