PDA

View Full Version : Have you winterized?

Gas Man
11-02-2013, 12:55 AM
I haven't but I think some things help with that, like heated gear.

What say you?

RedneckMedic
11-02-2013, 06:33 AM
Not yet and I really wont do much. I'll add some seafoam to the tank but I usually get out once or twice a month over the winter and the bike is always on a tender anyways.

My grandpa who keeps his bike in my garage over winter though already called it quits for the year.

Thruxtonbill
11-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Winterize, shminterize....My garage stays pretty warm...tender..Stabil....start it every couple of weeks, done.

Mad Dog
11-02-2013, 09:17 AM
Stabil, Tender but only start if weather/salt permits a ride.

Ultra AL
11-02-2013, 11:16 AM
I will probably winterize the SuperGlide since I put it on storage only insurance. I keep the Ultra on a tender, and i will ride it when the salt is low and the roads are dry throughout the winter.

sprink
11-02-2013, 11:58 AM
I put the Buell up for the winter. Fresh oil, gas (with stabil), tender and up on stands with a loose dust cover.

The Sporty got an oil change too, but 'cause it was due. I will start to treat the gas just in case it has to stay in the garage longer than I like, but I have ridden a lot the last couple of winters. I keep it on the tender all year unless I am riding it to work. Sometimes it sits more in the summer than the winter having two bikes.

Gas Man
11-02-2013, 10:37 PM
I may winterize the nightster tomorrow...

Tin Man
11-03-2013, 12:12 AM
Like most of the other posters, I pretty much get out once or twice a month all winter... Of course this appears to be a big bad winter coming up. A touch of Stabill and the Tender and its all good.

Kosher
11-03-2013, 12:37 AM
Not yet and I really wont do much. I'll add some seafoam to the tank but I usually get out once or twice a month over the winter and the bike is always on a tender anyways.

My grandpa who keeps his bike in my garage over winter though already called it quits for the year.

Yeah, this.

Even if you didnt get out 1x/mo, a bike sitting for three or four months really doesnt require mothballing.

Bagger Dave
11-03-2013, 07:09 AM
Not yet....I usually will ride until the salt flies...then I will put Seafoam in the tank and put the bike on its center stand...I always keep it plugged in to the tender when its in the garage

Moesride
11-03-2013, 03:32 PM
I'm winterized early this year. G MAN came buy last week while I was still MIA and took my bike out to top it off with fuel and added some seafoam to treat it. He rode it around for a few miles to get it through the system. All the oils were only 2k old so Chris didn't have to change any of those. Thanks again Chris.

Ultra AL
11-03-2013, 06:39 PM
I'm winterized early this year. G MAN came buy last week while I was still MIA and took my bike out to top it off with fuel and added some seafoam to treat it. He rode it around for a few miles to get it through the system. All the oils were only 2k old so Chris didn't have to change any of those. Thanks again Chris.

That G Man is definitely a stand up guy. He takes good care of us TWMers for sure!

Gas Man
11-03-2013, 11:59 PM

Yeah and I must say Moe... that is one fine machine. I can really feel the extra 7 cubes and the true duals sound amazing. I was barking at people the whole time. Damn nice steed!!!

Otherwise, you're welcome and you would do the same for me buddy!!

bombdog
11-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Plan on riding when I can.

Mudpuppy
11-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Still in the 50s and 60s - fuck it just ride when you can winterize later - got all winter for that shit.

horrorbusiness
11-04-2013, 08:03 PM
I have a walkout , so I'll park that bitch in the basement and sit on it and watch t.v., I'll have guest starring roles in Harley Davidson and marboro man, stonecold , werewolves on wheels.

Mudpuppy
11-05-2013, 03:51 PM
I have a walkout , so I'll park that bitch in the basement and sit on it and watch t.v., I'll have guest starring roles in Harley Davidson and marboro man, stonecold , werewolves on wheels.

Now you're talking

sfcusaret2004
11-05-2013, 03:54 PM

I would too but It's wider than the doorwall! cant get it through with the inner fairing on and dont want to have to disassemble it to get it inside. The stairs from the livingroom are also too narrow!

Thruxtonbill
11-05-2013, 04:02 PM
stonecold

Now there's a flick that's a guilty pleasure. The Boz.

Mudpuppy
11-05-2013, 04:33 PM
best motorcycle flick EVER though is "world's fastest indian" - rent it tonight, slap yourself twice because mp sez says so and because you haven't seen it yet, sip a cold one and enjoy.

horrorbusiness
11-05-2013, 05:02 PM
You need to see "werewolves on wheels " before you proclaim worlds greatest biker movie.

Thruxtonbill
11-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Agreed, I mean you can't do better then Hannibal Lecter on a MC.

Mudpuppy
11-05-2013, 05:04 PM
I will check it out

Gas Man
11-05-2013, 07:46 PM
best motorcycle flick EVER though is "world's fastest indian" - rent it tonight, slap yourself twice because mp sez says so and because you haven't seen it yet, sip a cold one and enjoy.

I want to agree... but I will restate it, it's the best I have seen. It far out ranks Torque. :lol:

Klimoman
11-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Can never find the Boz movie. Loved watching that one. Worlds Fastest Indian was a good movie!

Bagger Dave
11-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Can never find the Boz movie. Loved watching that one. Worlds Fastest Indian was a good movie!
I have the Boz movie ....Stone Cold
bad ass movie! I have seen the Worlds Fastest Indian also....loved that one also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVLFAyvsoSo

Mudpuppy
11-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Winterizing question (just curious I don't need info I already know what I use and why):

Do you:

1. Use stabil
2. Use seafoam
3. Use neither

And follow up question:

1. Remove battery and tuck it in the house under a nice warm blankee for the winter
2. Leave the battery in and buy a new battery in the spring because you wrecked yet another $150 battery
3. Use a trickle charger or battery tender

Final question:

1. Change your oil before storing then ride like you stole it after winter
2. Change your oil in the spring before you ride it like you stole it
3. What's oil?

Gas Man
11-06-2013, 11:09 PM
Seafoam

Leave in bike on tender

Change oil when I store it. Along with other PM

Flexin
11-06-2013, 11:28 PM
Sta-bil in the tank and on the charger, just in case we get another warm January day... Also have the bike on a mat to keep it off the cement.

Thruxtonbill
11-07-2013, 07:01 AM

Mudpuppy
11-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Nice work boys. I use sea foam, pull the battery and I don't change the oil before or after winter. I change it when it needs it. Run amsoil FTW. You can change it every 10 years really. I use (modified) front and rear stands to keep the rubber off the concrete.

Denimblack
11-08-2013, 11:03 PM
I still try to ride a little in during the winter as long as the salt is minimal and snow ain't flying.. But I usually just add a little stabil, hook up the battery tender, and put it on the cycle jack. But that's not normally til late November.

Gas Man
11-08-2013, 11:08 PM
yeah I'm good till early December... but the rides start getting shorter and shorter from here out.

Klimoman
11-09-2013, 07:12 AM

Mudpuppy
11-11-2013, 04:53 PM
It's awesome that my poll within the poll is still being answered, lol..

Well sad day - time of death for winterizing is going to be around 1800 tonight. Pulling the battery and calling it a season.