PDA

View Full Version : Heated Grips

Tin Man
11-01-2013, 09:29 PM
I have the Heat Demons on my Sportster and like them,but, my new to me Triumph America has bars that are weighted and will not except that style of heater. I ordered Koso brand Externally Wired Heated Grips from Dennis Kirk for $65 and installed them today, Very Nice. The install was easy as all the wiring is plug and play except for the Hot Wire hook up. The heat control is small and comes with a nice little mount for the bars, not to ugly and has 5 settings with LED read out. All in all I'm quite happy with the purchase and would recommend them to anyone who has solid or weighted bar ends.

skipper
11-02-2013, 12:19 AM
I wish I was smart enough to have put heated grips on when I did my bars.

Gas Man
11-02-2013, 12:49 AM
Tin man... you got pics of the product or install?

Tin Man
11-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Tin man... you got pics of the product or install?
I,m afraid I have no pics, I,m not good with this computer stuff. In the garage with a Wrench or a Spray Gun I'm a Whirling Dervish, put me on a key board and I flounder. The Koso Grips are in the Dennis Kirk catalog if someone wants to look them up. As I posted, not as clean an install as the Demons, but with solid bars your choices are limited.

deep purple
11-03-2013, 08:59 AM
I love my heated grips, had them put on before I picked my latest bike. I use them year around when the temps drop into the 50's.

Gas Man
11-03-2013, 10:57 AM
I agree. Easily one of my fav mods when there temps drop.

Moesride
11-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Heated grips are the cats ass man. We put a set on my SG at G Mans last winter and I love those things. Surprising how much longer you can ride with warm hands.

Gas Man
11-04-2013, 12:02 AM
Yeah I love em!!