PDA

View Full Version : Potential change in MI tax law for trade-ins (dangerous, for me, LOL)

Kosher
10-22-2013, 11:06 AM
It would be great if they could pass this:

http://www.mlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/10/michigan_car_buyers_could_get.html#incart_river_de fault

Ultra AL
10-22-2013, 11:49 AM
This is one of those bills that just makes sense. Therefore, the idiots in Lansing are less likely to pass it.

Caveman
10-22-2013, 02:59 PM
This is one of those bills that just makes sense. Therefore, the idiots in Lansing are less likely to pass it.
This

Gas Man
10-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Yeah and this wouldn't be the first time they didn't pass the bill to fix this stupidity.

Kosher
10-22-2013, 10:59 PM
Yeah and this wouldn't be the first time they didn't pass the bill to fix this stupidity.

Agree. We're apparently one of only 6 states that do this.

It looks to me like this legislation has a bit of momentum, we shall see!

skipper
10-22-2013, 11:51 PM
Fingers crossed

Mudpuppy
10-23-2013, 10:47 AM
and then the fucking stealerships will tack on telfon engine coating, wheel sealer and $5,000 in extras to offset the savings. motherfuckers.

Ultra AL
10-23-2013, 11:23 AM
and then the fucking stealerships will tack on telfon engine coating, wheel sealer and $5,000 in extras to offset the savings.

Don't they already do that, Mud? :lmao:

Mudpuppy
10-23-2013, 05:46 PM
yes but now they will tell you they are "saving" you money with this new law

Tin Man
10-24-2013, 07:47 PM
This amounts to another Tax cut for the Rich, Poor folks don't buy new cars. The $200 million shortfall will be paid for by those with less political clout. The real travesty is how many times the state collects sales Tax on an automobile in its life time. I used to be in the bussiness, you may be surprised how many cars get flipped 3 times a year,and the State gets paid Sales Tax every time. Not many other products are taxed more than once in their lifetime?

Kosher
10-24-2013, 08:21 PM
This amounts to another Tax cut for the Rich, Poor folks don't buy new cars. The $200 million shortfall will be paid for by those with less political clout. The real travesty is how many times the state collects sales Tax on an automobile in its life time. I used to be in the bussiness, you may be surprised how many cars get flipped 3 times a year,and the State gets paid Sales Tax every time. Not many other products are taxed more than once in their lifetime?

No, but they buy used cars, and presumably if they trade one in, they'd benefit.

Michigan is one of 6 states with this ridiculous tax law, lets get with the program.