PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler

Thruxtonbill
05-01-2009, 04:11 PM
The owner of our dealership held a meeting with the entire staff this morning and to be honest, I felt better before the meeting then after. As of today there are 45 Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealerships in the tricounty Detroit area, they plan on eliminating 15 to 20 dealers, which ones? no one is quite sure at this point. Allthough our owner is very well connected in the Detroit auto scene, (owns two Lexus dealerships as well) times are changing and he seemed to be a little concerned. This news as well as the GMC/Pontiac Elimination means that a lot of experienced dealer people will be out of work not only here but nationwide. So, time will tell.

B-Kinger
05-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Well, my ex wife's plant, which is the 9mi and Mound Dodge Truck assembly plant, as well as all the rest of Chrysler's plants are all idle for at least the next month to 90 days, and at least 4 of their Michigan plants are closed permenently until sold or otherwise. This includes the Conner Ave Dodge Viper assembly plant, which as I've mentioned here we do work for, laser cutting all the fiberglass body panels and reinforcements for the vehicle. This was 90 percent of our steady work, and was supposed to keep us busy for the next 3 years, but we recieved notice that as of today the job is on hold or cancelled altogether until further notice, effectively killing my shop. My last day was yesterday, and I'm now unemployed. So, I feel your pain, and then some.

Thruxtonbill
05-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Dude , I'm sorry. That really sucks, hang in there brother, some things we have no control over.

Bill

B-Kinger
05-01-2009, 07:40 PM
Thanks buddy. Normally I like things out of control, but so far I'm not liking this. :cool: Hey Gasman, cancel my request for some of those top notch drugs in your stash, I may need to take a drug test, ha ha. And I'm gonna need this dollar I rolled up.

Gas Man
05-02-2009, 01:37 AM
Order cancelled. LOL

Yeah it sucks...I know a allot of guys that are going to be on "un-enjoyment"

meinschaft
05-02-2009, 06:40 AM
Like much of what is going on in our country/the world right now, this doesn't make sense. I heard a auto dealer interviewed on WWJ the other day and he raised a very, very interesting point: he asked - what successful business model relies on REDUCING the number of retailers for your product? To sell your product, you want more, not fewer outlets carrying your brand. He said the market should decide which dealers stay in business, not the manufacturers. That really got me thinking.

B-Kinger - sorry to hear about your situation.

Thruxtonbill
05-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Just got the word..........and our dealership is staying. Whoo hoo! I'm happy for us but sad for people who will lose their jobs. We will be taking over lochmoor Chrysler Jeeps franchise.

Here is a list of Detroit area dealers who will be closing, and soon.

Beacon Sales in Lansing
Bero Motors Incorporated in Escanaba
Birmingham Chrysler Plymouth in Troy
Bollinger's in Lakeview
Bruce Campbell Dosge in Redford
Century Dodge in Taylor
Clarkston Motors in Clarkston
Colonial Dodge in Eastpointe
Dirk Waltz Buick-Olds-Jeep in Midland
Draper Chevrolet in Saginaw
Elhart Dodge in Holland
Elhart Pontiac-GMC Truck in Holland
Fletch's in Petoskey
Fox Hills Chrysler Jeep in Plymouth
George Ordus Chrysler Dodge and Dodge Truck in Bad Axe
Joe Ricci of Dearborn in Dearborn
Livonia Chrysler Jeep in Livonia
M & M Motor Mall in Kalamazoo
Martin Chrysler Jeep in Saginaw
Meadowbrook Dodge in Rochester Hills
Monicatti Chrysler Jeep in Sterling Heights
Motorquest of Jackson in Jackson
Mount Clemens Dodge in Clinton Township
Nothern Auto in Rogers City
Orrin B. Hayes in Kalamazoo
Owosso Motors in Owosso
Riverside Auto Sales of Marquette in Marquette
Rivertown Jeep in Cheboygan
Lochmoor Chrysler Jeep in Detroit
Schafer in Pinconning
Siemans Jepp in St. Joesph
Story Chrysler Jeep in Lansing
Tamaroff Dodge in Southfield
Maple hill Chrysler in Kalamazoo
Hudson Chrysler Jeep in Bloomfield Hills
Urka Auto Center in Ludington
VER Hage of Holland in Holland
Victor George Chrysler Jeep in Flint
Village Chrysler Jeep in Royal Oak

Twisted
05-14-2009, 11:55 AM
I thought about you this morning when I read the article. Like you said, sad for others but lucky you.

Gas Man
05-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Good for you man

I have a good bud that works for century. FUCK!

Thruxtonbill
05-14-2009, 09:35 PM
If he's a tech, have him come fill out an app at our place.

Bob
05-15-2009, 07:53 AM
I thought Century was one of the bigger ones. Guess not. Glad you're safe man!

Gas Man
05-15-2009, 09:33 AM
If he's a tech, have him come fill out an app at our place.
he is and a good one.

Where is "our place" cause I spoke to him last night and he said he's puttin them in

Gas Man
05-15-2009, 09:42 AM
I thought Century was one of the bigger ones. Guess not. Glad you're safe man!
It is but I guess not the biggest in the area. Guess most of the century is going to taylor or somin