PDA

View Full Version : Hannah's success on Michigan's youth hunt.

ChefC14
10-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Anyone on TWM FB page has already had access to this video but I know not everyone uses FB so I thought I'd post here as well. I am very proud of my little girl for her first successful hunt. It was a great experience for her and for me.
http://vimeo.com/85299998

Chain
10-02-2013, 09:22 AM
Good JOB Chef! Most kids/adults that hunt have no flippen clue how to process there kill, regardless of what it might be.

I was taught, and in turn I taught both my daughter (who killed her first deer with a bow at 13, first of many) and my son, they both know how to process....

Parenting, your doin it right!!!!

Congrats to both of you!

ChefC14
10-02-2013, 10:28 AM
Thanks Chain, it was one hell of a learning experience for her. I was so excited that she wanted to process it with me. I did one side showing her how then she did the other. It was awesome watching her feel for the backbone then insert the knife and carefully remove the blackstrap. You're right, most people don't do their own processing. The only thing she didn't take part in was the burger grinding, she had homework to work on.
Thanks for the compliment.

Bagger Dave
10-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Cool vid...congrats to you and your daughter!

ChefC14
10-02-2013, 11:16 AM
Thanks Dave.

Chain
10-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Thanks Chain, it was one hell of a learning experience for her. I was so excited that she wanted to process it with me. I did one side showing her how then she did the other. It was awesome watching her feel for the backbone then insert the knife and carefully remove the blackstrap. You're right, most people don't do their own processing. The only thing she didn't take part in was the burger grinding, she had homework to work on.
Thanks for the compliment.

Cool!!!!!!!! She missed out on the funnest part! Grinding the burger!!!!!! ;)

Caveman
10-05-2013, 09:32 AM
I wish my old man had been a hunter. I am now in the process at 36 y/o to harrass my uncle to take me on a hunt and help teach me the ways of the hunter. Then with that knowledge I will teach my kids as well. I have a shotgun and a 30-06 to hunt with but want to get more hunting rifles and shotguns.

ChefC14
10-05-2013, 09:47 AM
Caveman,
I hear ya. My dad did everything he could to keep guns away from us. I bought my first one when I was 20 and he was not pleased. He couldn't understand why I needed a gun. He grew up on a farm and always hunted but that was in Cost Rica. We lived in Detroit so he just thought we'd get in trouble. Heck, my last hunting license was purchased in 1992. Hannah deciding to hunt got me interested all over again. Do it, it was a great thing to do with my daughter. As you can see by the video, she enjoyed it very much. She's an active kid with sports and band but she has never experienced the kind of adrenaline she had the evening she shot that deer. She was crying and she is not a crying kid. She was angry that she was crying too. It wasn't because she felt bad, it was because her adrenaline took control and needed a release. Now we get to do it again in November and we can't wait.

Gas Man
10-05-2013, 12:52 PM
That's too cool man. Just awesome. Love the story. GO HER!

Chain
10-14-2013, 11:42 AM
I wish my old man had been a hunter. I am now in the process at 36 y/o to harrass my uncle to take me on a hunt and help teach me the ways of the hunter. Then with that knowledge I will teach my kids as well. I have a shotgun and a 30-06 to hunt with but want to get more hunting rifles and shotguns.

That's cool he's willing to help.

Caveman,
I hear ya. My dad did everything he could to keep guns away from us. I bought my first one when I was 20 and he was not pleased. He couldn't understand why I needed a gun. He grew up on a farm and always hunted but that was in Cost Rica. We lived in Detroit so he just thought we'd get in trouble. Heck, my last hunting license was purchased in 1992. Hannah deciding to hunt got me interested all over again. Do it, it was a great thing to do with my daughter. As you can see by the video, she enjoyed it very much. She's an active kid with sports and band but she has never experienced the kind of adrenaline she had the evening she shot that deer. She was crying and she is not a crying kid. She was angry that she was crying too. It wasn't because she felt bad, it was because her adrenaline took control and needed a release. Now we get to do it again in November and we can't wait.

Wow!!! Now that's a good story!!!

I grew up in a house that if there wasn't a gun leaning in the corner, someone stole it.... it was just an everyday house hold item...

And hunting??!??! If you didn't hunt, you were NOT right... js.

Mudpuppy
10-14-2013, 12:03 PM
I am a self taught hunter. My Dad never hunted. He has shot guns a handful of times. Not that he is against it he just never did it. It wasn't really something of a family tradition in our family but I am trying very hard to make it that way. The 2 older kids have no interest (I took them out and they just weren't interested) but MP Jr. is all about it. He isn't quite ready but it's getting closer and closer every year.

Awesome stuff Chef. Keep up the great work.