PDA

View Full Version : Single mother of 4 passed away

Denimblack
09-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Ok, I don't really know what to do, but I feel like this is the best place for me to put this. I don't have facebook or any other form of social media so this is the only place I frequent online. Anyhow, my Aunt Lisa passed away suddenly on Sunday. She was a single mother and left behind 4 kids. Ages are 8, 11, 18, 28. The 28 year old has taken on the full burden of the funeral expenses as well as the challenge of raising his 2 youngest brothers. There was no money left behind nor do any of the kids have a nest egg to contibute. I'm helping out all I can as many are doing in my family to help cover funeral costs. I plan to take him grocery shopping when I can and filling his cabinets with food as well. Now comes the hard part... I'm asking if anyone could spare a few bucks to help these kids put their mother to rest. The link is https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/cbPh1. They have 8 more days to raise $4000 to pay for the funeral costs. They are already a little over halfway there, but donations have fizzled out a bit and that's why I thought maybe I would post it here. Anyways, thanks for reading this, and I hope I haven't broken any forum rules by doing this..

sprink
09-19-2013, 08:58 PM
Sorry for your loss.

I don't think you broke any rules...if you did, that would be a stupid rule. I sent a little help along.

Denimblack
09-19-2013, 09:07 PM
Thanks Sprink. It's appreciated by many.

Gas Man
09-19-2013, 10:54 PM
No rules broken here not by a long stretch. I'll do this when I'm home and have my check book. Just be sure you get jimmy to match me.

apex factor
09-20-2013, 12:29 PM
donated.

leebo
09-20-2013, 01:36 PM
Talked to some of the guys and on monday (after payday)were gonna pass the hat n see wat we ca do!

Nobody
09-20-2013, 04:03 PM
I'll donate what ever I can once my house note clears. You and the kids have my sympathies

Denimblack
09-20-2013, 06:19 PM
Thanks everyone for your help an kind words. The funeral was today and the boys are doing much better than I expected. The oldest says he's ready and excited about the challenge he has in front of him. The family expresses great gratitude to the big hearts that have reached out. Again, thanks all.

Gas Man
09-21-2013, 11:23 PM
DB... I sent some money that way. Please let me know if they need more and we will charge money on a TWC ride for admission to donate to the family. I'm serious. As Bikers we have a responsibility to take care of those that are on the positive path of life.

Moesride
09-22-2013, 06:15 AM
DB....here's a few bucks as well. Very sad dude! Our thoughts are with your family.

Bagger Dave
09-22-2013, 06:20 AM
I will kick in tonight when I get home from work.....sorry to hear..

Gas Man
09-22-2013, 10:59 AM
That's great guys!!!!!

Denimblack
09-22-2013, 06:26 PM
The response here is unbelievable. Thanks a million on behalf of the boys. When I decided to post the link and ask for help I never thought I'd get this kind of response. It truly is refreshing to see how many people in "our" community looks out for one another and their families. Again thanks everyone. You've help lift a major burden off them boys.

Ultra AL
09-22-2013, 06:35 PM
I posted this on my FB page and will be making a contribution myself. I'll be praying for these young men. Thanks for sharing.

Bagger Dave
09-22-2013, 07:21 PM
Done!! :dthumb:

Gas Man
09-22-2013, 07:50 PM
The response here is unbelievable. Thanks a million on behalf of the boys. When I decided to post the link and ask for help I never thought I'd get this kind of response. It truly is refreshing to see how many people in "our" community looks out for one another and their families. Again thanks everyone. You've help lift a major burden off them boys.

As I put on my donation sign in... "-Biker Community"

I also put it on my FB and shared it to our TWM FB group online.

http://www.facebook.com/ChrisGasManClark/posts/433143843463013

Mudpuppy
09-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Sorry I am a little slow - went to the page and it says campaign finished. Can I still kick in a little?

leebo
09-23-2013, 03:44 PM
I took up collection today at work not alot but I need to know where i can send it,Im sure they can still use cash for bills.Also who do I make M.O. out to?

Gas Man
09-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Will have to wait for DB to help out those folks coming in the backside here... please post how these people can send more money. It appears like the goal was reached so the website closed up.

Denimblack
09-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Sorry, been working the dreaded nightshift so iv been slacking here... The oldest sons name is John Johnson, he would be the one to make the M.O. out to. Mud, if you would like, I can get you their address or I can take it to them if you like. The goal has been reached by the help of many. The boys have costs covered to put their mom to rest thanks to a lot of generous donations. Thanks again fellas.

leebo
09-23-2013, 06:49 PM
Sorry, been working the dreaded nightshift so iv been slacking here... The oldest sons name is John Johnson, he would be the one to make the M.O. out to. Mud, if you would like, I can get you their address or I can take it to them if you like. The goal has been reached by the help of many. The boys have costs covered to put their mom to rest thanks to a lot of generous donations. Thanks again fellas.still need address or if you like ill send it to you.

Denimblack
09-23-2013, 07:51 PM
still need address or if you like ill send it to you.
Pm sent

Gas Man
09-23-2013, 08:34 PM
DB, please PM me some info for more payments... I will post on my FB.

leebo
09-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Pm sentIn tomorrows mail.thx

Caveman
09-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Ok, I'm sorry I missed the boat here. I meant to give but life has has been pretty crazy here lately. Was gonna donate but as the others said it's already closed I need to donate else wise.
So, I need to get on late donations bus and get my cash thrown in with another or I can meet you again some time.

Denimblack
09-23-2013, 10:36 PM
DB, please PM me some info for more payments... I will post on my FB.
All I have is their home address and I didn't want to post that out into the general public. I will pm you that info though.

Denimblack
09-23-2013, 10:36 PM
In tomorrows mail.thx
Thanks Leebo.

Denimblack
09-23-2013, 10:39 PM
Ok, I'm sorry I missed the boat here. I meant to give but life has has been pretty crazy here lately. Was gonna donate but as the others said it's already closed I need to donate else wise.
So, I need to get on late donations bus and get my cash thrown in with another or I can meet you again some time.
Thanks cave,No worries. You had a busy weekend! You can get with gasman or we can meet up. I'm gonna be outta town though this weekend.

Gas Man
09-24-2013, 09:34 AM
If anybody wants to donate, please PM me and I will have you mail me a check made out to John Johnson. Once I get them all I will mail them straight to John or to DB.