PDA

View Full Version : Black Forest and Oktoberfest

Mudpuppy
09-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Just got a call today from my counterpart on the other side of the pond and he says he is riding the Black Forest just before I take the trip over there and I should come and rent a bike. Checked it out and they rent the S1000RR. So going to talk to him on the phone tomorrow and see about changing my flight / renting a bike. If this works out this is going to be epic. It is super cool to be going during Oktoberfest but this could really make this the ultimate trip:

http://www.black-forest-shop.de/biker-tours/rental.htm#

http://images.motorcycle-usa.com/PhotoGallerys/xlarge/Black-Forest-193.jpg

Chain
09-12-2013, 06:08 PM
Wow!!!!

RedneckMedic
09-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Take me with you. Im a cheap date.

Caveman
09-12-2013, 06:47 PM
That would be EPIC. I was stationed in Germany for three years '97-'00. It was AWESOME. The roads were great and the landscape and sights were never dissappointing. I would love to go back and will probably get the chance in about 3 or 4 years. My daughter was born there and thusly is a dual citizen of Germany as well and can make the decision to bail on the US and head to be a full time German. I can't ask her to make that decision lightly and this will mean that I will have to make sure she gets over there to visit to make a well educated decision. I won't hold it against her if she decides to stay over there, even as much a patriot as I am, besides it will give the wife and I a place to crash when we go to visit.
I wish that I had been into motorcycles as much as I am now while I was over there. The autobahn and no speed limit other than a suggested one. Although, it may have gotten me killed.

Gas Man
09-12-2013, 11:16 PM
That's amazing!!!

Ultra AL
09-12-2013, 11:25 PM
That would be a very cool trip!

Mudpuppy
09-13-2013, 11:05 AM
I have been on the autobahn and really it has no interest to me. No speed limit in a straight line isn't really what I am after. Riding in the Alps - yes that is what I am talking about. I just got off the phone with him and he said since it is Autumn that they don't ride the black forest but they ride the alps near Italy, etc. He is checking on a rental bike for me and I am checking on changing my flight. So it would be Wednesday-Saturday riding and then Monday-Wednesday the next week for meeting / training. And every single day for drinking great beer. Hopefully I can pull this off.

Thruxtonbill
09-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Do it beatch

Mudpuppy
09-16-2013, 11:27 AM
Not going to happen. Takes 4-6 weeks to get an IDP and I am out of time. Plus flight change fees and rental, etc. is around $3,000. Going to plan for my next trip to Germany for sure. Here is video of the area he rides:

http://www.gaskrank.tv/tv/paesse/hahntennjoch-mit-ktm-1190-rc8-r-akrapovic-racing.htm

Thruxtonbill
09-16-2013, 12:04 PM
That vid....GAWD...I wanna ride that road.

Mudpuppy
09-16-2013, 03:59 PM
No shit man. Holy fuck is that some cool shit or what? And just imagine after a 10 hour 200km day of riding you eat some of the best food on the planet and drink the best beer on the planet. I will be planning this trip in the next 1-2 years for sure.