PDA

View Full Version : Street glide needed more lights

Fat daddy
09-05-2013, 09:00 AM
I have a 2011 sg and i just didn't feel it had enough taillights but i didn't want anything that looked gawdy so i found these lights at art alloy and they as flush to the bag as you can get !i chose black housing to match bags,as you can see if bike isn't running they don't stick out like a sore thumb,but with it running they lite up nice,all leds,and no they don't leak,their a little pricey but just maybe that idiot behind me will see me.i have them set up for ru and turn so the pic is just run?

Caveman
09-05-2013, 09:07 AM
I like them, but I'm wondering if it would have looked a little different had they been installed on line with the OEM brake lights.

Fat daddy
09-05-2013, 09:14 AM
I thoght the same thing so had my wife hold em up there and i just didn't care for the look i don't know man it just looked to wide to me

Caveman
09-05-2013, 09:15 AM
well, its your bike and needs to make YOU happy. That all that matters.
I like it either way, was just wondering what it would have looked like had they been on the level with the OEM's

Fat daddy
09-05-2013, 09:23 AM
Yeah we moved high,in the middle,and finally where their at actually I wish I could've went a little lower. Originally I was going to put the flush mount cat eyes but man them sob are expensive. I wish HD would've left the center taillight on the new bikes. I ride a lot down in Florida and them old fucks will flat run over you.

Caveman
09-05-2013, 09:40 AM
Damn old people.

Fat daddy
09-05-2013, 09:46 AM
I can't be prejudice against older people cuase im an fart,however i wish they would quit taking pain pills and running over bikers. He'll there's a pain clinic on every corner in florida!!!

Gas Man
09-05-2013, 09:01 PM
I would have dropped the stock bullet lights, and roll just those. A simple plate setup like I have would really make it a custom look.

Otherwise, great job!!!

Also, consider putting it on pulse if you really want attention.

Fat daddy
09-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Ya I thought about dropping the bullets and I know that would've looked good , however that would've defeated my purpose which was to gain more light. I talked to em at badlands about the pulse they said you can't have your turn signals on pulse but that would be neat.

Gas Man
09-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Are those new LED's dual brightness?

Fat daddy
09-05-2013, 10:13 PM
I'm not sure what you mean they are run and turn. With the newer sg not having the center brake light and the two bullets being brake , turn ,and run if you wired the pulse to it and turn the blinkers and brakes at the same time you might have a mess

Gas Man
09-05-2013, 10:40 PM
Yeah I wonder... check with Custom Dynamics... see if they have something. Maybe Kury too...