PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 reason's for not waving...

B-Kinger
04-29-2009, 11:31 AM
I scammed this from the Freeriders site, forgive me and my ADHD if it's a repost! I will edit it as I think of stuff, and please feel free to add stuff too...

Top Ten Reasons Why Harley Riders Don't Wave Back:
10. Afraid it will invalidate warranty.
9. Leather and studs make it too heavy to raise arm.
8. Refuse to wave to anyone whose bike is already paid for.
7. Afraid to let go of handlebars because they might vibrate off.
6. Rushing wind would blow scabs off the new tattoos.
5. Angry because just took out second mortgage to pay luxury tax on new Harley.
4. Just discovered the fine print in owner's manual and realized H-D is partially owned by Honda.
3. Can't tell if other riders are waving or just reaching to cover their ears like everyone else.
2. Remembers the last time a Harley rider waved back, he impaled his hand on spiked helmet.
1. They're too tired from spending hours polishing all that chrome to lift their arms.
0. They're too drunk to move.

Top Ten Reasons Why Gold Wing Riders Don't Wave Back
10. Wasn't sure whether other rider was waving or making an obscene gesture.
9. Afraid might get frostbite if hand is removed from heated grip.
8. Has arthritis and the past 400 miles have made it difficult to raise arm.
7. Reflection from etched windshield momentarily blinded him.
6. The espresso machine just finished.
5. Was actually asleep when other rider waved.
4. Was in a three-way conference call with stockbroker and accessories dealer.
3. Was distracted by odd shaped blip on radar screen.
2. Was simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat height, programmable CD player, seat temperature and satellite navigation system.
1. Couldn't find the "auto wave back" button on dashboard.
0. YOU try to handle a 900 lb bike one-handed!

Top 10 Reasons Sport Bike Riders Don't Wave:
10. They have not been riding long enough to know they're supposed to.
9. They're going too fast to have time enough to register the movement and respond.
8. You weren't wearing bright enough gear.
7. If they stick their arm out going that fast they'll rip it out of the socket.
6. They're too occupied with trying to get rid of their chicken strips.
5. They look way too cool with both hands on the bars or they don't want to unbalance themselves while standing on the tank.
4. Their skin tight-Kevlar-ballistic-nylon-kangaroo-leather suits prevent any position other than fetal.
3. Raising an arm allows bugs into the armholes of their tank tops.
2. It's too hard to do one-handed stoppies.
1. They were too busy slipping their flip-flop back on.
0. They were already holding on with one hand and texting with their iphone with the other, updating their myspace page.

Top Ten Reasons Why BMW Riders Don't Wave Back:
10. New Aerostich suit is too stiff to raise arm. Because it's 4 sizes too small.
9. Removing a hand from the bars is considered "bad" form.
8. Your bike isn't weird enough looking to justify acknowledgment.
7. Too sore from an 800-mile day on a stock "comfort" seat.
6. Too busy programming the GPS, monitoring radar, listening to Ipod, XM, or talking on the cell phone.
5. He's an Iron Butt rider and you're not!
4. Wires from Gerbings are too short.
3. You're not riding the "right kind" of BMW.
2. You haven't been properly introduced.
1. Afraid it will be misinterpreted as a friendly gesture.
0. You ride a B-King.

B-Kinger
04-29-2009, 11:53 AM
Top reason's people don't wave at me...

1. I am so small compared to my bikes that it usually appears as if a bike is just going down the road on its own.
2. My bike looks more like a transformer than a motorcycle and they're not sure what the proper etiquette is for a guy riding a robot down Metro Parkway.
3. I'm usually riding at mach 1.2, so by the time they get their hand off the grip, I'm already gone. The shock wave hits them a couple seconds later.
4. Half the time I'm riding with Monica so guys are too occupied with checking her out to remember to wave. It's funny to watch them ride out of their lane.
5. That's all I can come up with for now...

Thruxtonbill
04-29-2009, 02:11 PM
6. They see your abnormally large elbows and are scared to death.
7. They see Monica and are to confused as to how you jedi mind tricked her into being with you.

B-Kinger
04-29-2009, 02:26 PM
BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Those are awesome. I forgot about the elbow thing!!!! And they're busy trying to figure out a Jedi mind trick of their own to try on her! Time for a top ten reasons why no one waves to FZ1Bill thread now!!!!
1. It was 12 degrees out and everyone else was smart enough to be in their CARS...
2. He's a car salesman...

Twisted
04-29-2009, 02:32 PM
No Jedi mind trick needed. It's cuz of his abnormally large....uh.....ummmm.....light saber. :p

B-Kinger
04-29-2009, 02:57 PM
HA HA HA HA!!! Guess it ain't just my elbows. If we meet up Sunday I'm gonna bring a sign that reads, "DON'T WAVE TO BILL!"

Thruxtonbill
04-29-2009, 03:19 PM
no waves to Bill

3. To old to be on a bike that fast
4. Silver bike, silver helmet, silver hair.........to weird to wave at
5. just looks like an asshole

Thruxtonbill
04-29-2009, 03:20 PM
BTW no 2 hurt.

B-Kinger
04-29-2009, 03:46 PM
BTW no 2 hurt.
HA HA HA, ya got me so good I couldn't resist.

6. Too old to realize his bike isn't that fast.

Twisted
04-29-2009, 03:55 PM
6. They see your abnormally large elbows and are scared to death.
7. They see Monica and are to confused as to how you jedi mind tricked her into being with you.

8. They see you text messaging and don't wan't you to drop your phone
and/or bike.

B-Kinger
04-29-2009, 03:56 PM
9. They see you text messaging and remember they have to text someone too.
10. They see you're with that guy on the FZ1.

Thruxtonbill
04-29-2009, 04:37 PM
6. Too old to realize his bike isn't that fast.

Shhhhhhh don't let the fizzy hear that, she thinks she's an R1 in sheeps clothing.

B-Kinger
04-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Ohhh, but it IS....and what fine clothing! Actually it's wearing more of a bikini.:rolleyes: Mine's barely wearin a thong.

ChefC14
04-30-2009, 12:44 AM
Well the best reason I can think of for not waving down there in the city is the fact that you are squeezing your clutch because you are always sitting at a red light. When I'm down there I spend more time stopping then actually riding.

Twisted
04-30-2009, 05:59 AM
Reason to not wave at Chef at a light:

1. He can't find neutral. ;)

ChefC14
04-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Neutral, what is that? I'm always waiting and watching for that green light so I can go like hell. Remember between my house and work which is 15 miles there is 5 lights. Another reason why I love it up here.
First one away from the light wins!!!!

B-Kinger
04-30-2009, 10:50 AM
I love it up there too. I'm putting the ex wife up on Craigslist. Hey, isn't your birthday tomorrow?

ChefC14
04-30-2009, 11:06 AM
Yup, 41 yrs old. I'm tied down all weekend and not in a good way. The following weekend a guy from the 109 forum that lives in the UP might be coming down this way. If we can time it right I'll take him to the back roads. Yesterdays ride was priceless. My buddy got his Suzuki Intruder up to 105mph. He said that's all it had. 1400cc's with a 4 speed transmission. He was bummed that's all it had but I reminded him that when they built the national speed limit was 55, I think. That's all they needed. I don't know how I know he was going that fast because we all know I would NEEEVER drive that fast. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I was in third gear when I wasn't following behind him.

Berto
04-30-2009, 12:07 PM
I don't know why people in MI dont wave like in Florida... haters...

Anyway... I am becoming like my buddy Serp... he doesn't wave anymore...