PDA

View Full Version : 110 HD Anniversary party

Chain
08-28-2013, 03:33 PM
110 HD Anniversary party

Who's going?!

Were leaving @ 0630 Thursday. Taking the easy way over. The boat.

Coming home Sunday. With Sturgis being so close we decided to do it this way. Lack of vacation time on my wife's side dictated this, or we'd have rode up and around. Did in 2003 for the 100th.

I'll post pics when we get back.

Gas Man
08-29-2013, 01:12 AM
The boat has to be a scam. Expensive and just as long as driving around the bottom. Don't ya think?

Kosher
08-29-2013, 10:29 AM
Huge throngs of bikes in one place are starting to lose their appeal...

bombdog
08-29-2013, 12:56 PM
I have a three day ticket and now cant go to much crap going on.

Denimblack
08-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Have fun chain... The boat ain't too bad. You can eat a buffet, have a few drinks and sleep in a state room for a few hrs. It'll give ya a chance to relax a bit and get some rest. If I'm not mistaken it runs about 3 times a day and is about a 5 hr ride.

Caveman
09-01-2013, 12:38 PM
I wanna make this trip / party someday.

Chain
09-03-2013, 08:37 AM
Huge throngs of bikes in one place are starting to lose their appeal...

And this was the straw that broke the camels back with me, I was at the same conclusion before heading over... sad, but a saturation of too many ass holes really makes a stinky city... wow, what a shit hole!

Have fun chain... The boat ain't too bad. You can eat a buffet, have a few drinks and sleep in a state room for a few hrs. It'll give ya a chance to relax a bit and get some rest. If I'm not mistaken it runs about 3 times a day and is about a 5 hr ride.

Yeah, this was the Lake Express, 2h 45m to go across. And it was smooth.

The boat has to be a scam. Expensive and just as long as driving around the bottom. Don't ya think?

I wouldn't say it's a scam. It was one of those short vaca things, and If you've ever drove your motorcycle through Chitcago?! (I have 3 times, and that was 10 times too many, NEVER again) I'd rather of went up and over, but because the wife don't get nearly enough vacation as I do, this route was dictated... But I get ya!

I wanna make this trip / party someday.

My personal recommendation would be either stay right DT and don't plan on moving very fast, or stay out of town and don't head down... it was so congested... ugh, it was shitty...

We didn't even get any real decent pix... I HATE MILWAUKEE!

The only highlight was the parties, and Kid Rock, (except the arrogant ass holes that were there, Buffalo Chip and Kid Rock was sooo much better, I can't even explain) other than that?! I could have just rode up north and had a better time...

Kosher
09-03-2013, 09:28 AM
When I'm heading to Chicago, its usually to visit someone in the suburbs, I take 94/80 to 294. The long way around, but much better than going through town. Still, a lot of trucks and stress.

Chain
09-03-2013, 09:33 AM
When I'm heading to Chicago, its usually to visit someone in the suburbs, I take 94/80 to 294. The long way around, but much better than going through town. Still, a lot of trucks and stress.

Yes, I guess I didn't really mean "go through" as I wrote... I've went around 3 times... and that was 10 times too many...

bombdog
09-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Wow glad I made decided not to go. How was the weather?

Chain
09-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Wow glad I made decided not to go. How was the weather?

Weather was great. Cept Friday it was so hot it really made it hard to ride and enjoy... The rain that went through split Milwaukee. The weather man said, "Mother nature must be a Harley fan, cause it's raining on both sides of the city"

We went to a HD store, walked around the vendors, then went in to buy a t-shirt. The line was 50ft long, NO shit, one guy towards the front said he'd been in line 45 min... we said F that. And put our shit down... sorta like they weren't prepared for the crowd size...

Ultra AL
09-03-2013, 01:08 PM
I'd like to go to one of those, just for the experience. But I think once would be enough.

Gas Man
09-03-2013, 01:51 PM
I'd like to go to one of those, just for the experience. But I think once would be enough.

THIS! For sure.