PDA

View Full Version : Neat FB page for you FBr's

Chain
08-28-2013, 11:27 AM
2 Millions Bikers to DC
Just copy and search, they have a group for about every state.

I'd like to ride to DC, but if they don't respect my rights, I will NOT travel there... F DC.

derf
08-28-2013, 09:07 PM
I keep seeing these pop up, and have offered a place to stay for a few people who shared their status or ads. So far nobody has taken up on my offer. So I started doing math on it...

There are roughly 10 Million registered motorcycles in the US

As a complete guess, lets say half are west of the mississippi river and wont ride to DC, so there are 5m in the Eastern US

Out of those 5m, 1/3 are ridden less than a 1000 miles in a year. thats 3.3m that might even go

Lets say that on the high end, 10% of the half the bikes in the US would go on a weekday into washington, thats roughly 330,000 bikes.

Rolling Thunder which is a major event and a major draw brings in just about that each year, and that is well coordinated with police support, but still takes 6 hours to get all the bikes from the Pentagon to the park near the memorials.

My guess is that if they are really lucky they might get somewhere between 5k and 10k to attend an uncoordinated event.

zamochit
09-03-2013, 01:41 AM
I am a huge supporter of what they are doing. The entire idea was sparked to interfere with the Million Muslim March that was put together.