PDA

View Full Version : thoughts whislt riding

horrorbusiness
08-23-2013, 08:13 PM
I road out to the clem to visit my parents. I found my self watching for cars with wobbleing wheels. What irrational thoughts or superstitions do you have on the bike.

Denimblack
08-23-2013, 11:08 PM
Well, today I was thinking who was going to be the next crazy cager or stupid bike rider to cross into my lane..

Mudpuppy
08-24-2013, 12:33 AM
I think about the size of the universe and if I remembered to DVR the latest oprah show

Gas Man
08-24-2013, 02:36 AM
I have a necklace with a dog tag from my days of WOS, it has the wife's contact number on it just in case. Also a cross that I always wear for protection. I never ride without those.

That kind of thing?

Caveman
08-24-2013, 05:40 AM
no Gas, not that kind of thing. look at the thread title. lol. Thoughts are those random things that float through your head when your not trying to plow through deer.

horrorbusiness
08-24-2013, 10:10 AM
I have a necklace with a dog tag from my days of WOS, it has the wife's contact number on it just in case. Also a cross that I always wear for protection. I never ride without those.

That kind of thing?

Yep, I hate to think about catching a runaway wheel an tire. I was on ky way home a while back and a pontoon boat lost a small tire wheel combo and the bed of a guys new pick up stopped it. Crushed the side. If a non rider tries to tell me about a sisters neighbors second cousin of a step brothers bike accident I always tell them to pipe down.

Gas Man
08-24-2013, 10:40 AM
OIC.... well beyond worrying about deer now... I see stuff all the time... the key is to try to get that junk out of your head.

horrorbusiness
08-24-2013, 11:38 AM
I never wear a mp3 player , so I find my self day dreaming , looking around and then thinking about a bouncing tire coming at me. I don't worry about animals minus skunks, don't want to get sprayed

leebo
08-24-2013, 02:46 PM
Well i gotta rabbit wednesday.just missed a squirrel today.pffft.flat as a pancake.

WILEY
08-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Lawn chairs...remember the old aluminum ones with the webbing??? two separate occasions coming back from up north someone forgot to tie to top of the trailer/motorhome. just tossed em on top. Try figuring out which way one of those damn things is gonna sail when the wind catches em and they open up. Then catching up to the idiot that did it and cussing them at ...well...55 mph back then, them thinking I was just some big ugly drugged up biker like in the movies or some shit.....good times.

Caveman
08-25-2013, 07:08 AM
I often find myself wondering why or how some people got their license. Did they even have any drivers education of ANY kind? Did they tell them what the various lanes are used for and when they are supposed to vacate them? UGH.......

Dagnabit
08-25-2013, 04:37 PM
When i hit those out of the way two lane roads with nothing but farm country around me and no other traffic all i think is it doesn't get better than this. When I drive in the city though, my thoughts are pretty similar to caveman's.

Kosher
08-26-2013, 09:00 AM
When i hit those out of the way two lane roads with nothing but farm country around me and no other traffic all i think is it doesn't get better than this. When I drive in the city though, my thoughts are pretty similar to caveman's.

On these roads, I often wonder what these folks do for a living, what keeps them there, etc.

Nobody
08-27-2013, 02:41 AM
I road out to the clem to visit my parents. I found my self watching for cars with wobbleing wheels. What irrational thoughts or superstitions do you have on the bike.

I get clear and stay clear of anyone driving a car that costs 2/3rds or more of what i paid for my house. Nothing scientific, just my anecdotal observations that they seem to be extra oblivious to their surroundings. Perhaps too much 'noise isolation' engineered into those cars.

horrorbusiness
08-28-2013, 09:08 AM
I get clear and stay clear of anyone driving a car that costs 2/3rds or more of what i paid for my house. Nothing scientific, just my anecdotal observations that they seem to be extra oblivious to their surroundings. Perhaps too much 'noise isolation' engineered into those cars.I used to think the states with mandatory inspections were dumb, there are a lot of clapped out shit boxes on our roads.

Ultra AL
08-28-2013, 09:14 AM
I usually think, 'Why in the world did I wait so long to get a bike!'

horrorbusiness
08-28-2013, 09:18 AM
I've always had a bike, that's one thing I never think. When I had my dirt bike and would ride it on the streets I would think "fork , the police". Harrison township had enough dirt roads , woods and large yards that not getting caught and impounded was easy.

Dagnabit
08-28-2013, 02:19 PM
I usually think, 'Why in the world did I wait so long to get a bike!'

I'm more like "why did i wait so long to get another one". I sold my radian in 94 and then went 16 years without one.

Chain
08-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Not many things tame my soul like riding, and working out... I often think, "How do others control anger, stress, if they don't ride"?.... It truly is one of my therapeutic interventions.

Caveman
09-01-2013, 12:35 PM
Not many things tame my soul like riding, and working out... I often think, "How do others control anger, stress, if they don't ride"?.... It truly is one of my therapeutic interventions.

:withstupid: ......