PDA

View Full Version : Helmet cam captures motorcyclist crashing into bear

Hawgrider
08-23-2013, 07:39 AM
Gas man will have nightmares watching this one!

Police released a video Thursday showing a speeding motorcyclist crashing into a bear on a Canadian highway, as a warning to distracted drivers -- and wildlife.
The video shows the motorcycle taking off and accelerating to 140 kilometres per hour in less than 20 seconds on Highway 7 near Hope, British Columbia.
A young black bear that appears to have been spooked by a train running parallel to the road suddenly darts into view and collides with the bike.
Police said in a statement that the driver was focused on his speedometer as part of a stunt and failed to see the bear until the last minute.
He ended up with non-life-threatening injuries while the bear walked away.

video here - http://news.yahoo.com/helmet-cam-captures-motorcyclist-crashing-bear-211915119.html

Ultra AL
08-23-2013, 08:29 AM
Ouch!!!

Bagger Dave
08-23-2013, 11:01 AM
Oh shit!

Mudpuppy
08-23-2013, 11:02 AM
140 k/m = 86 mph, in less than 20 seconds, really? I could do that in a fucking prius. get the fuck out of here. gas don't watch the video or you will be practicing spraying bear mace off the bike in the garage on the lift - someone might get hurt..

I did see a bear one time on hellbender at the gap in my expedition. he stood in the middle of the road and due to not really going that fast due to being in a big ass truck, not having a death wish, it was pitch black and I have mad fucking driving skills I just drove around the fucker. he (or she) never even moved. it was pretty freaky being pitch black and then all of a sudden the headlights reveal this big ass black bear standing in the middle of the road.

horrorbusiness
08-23-2013, 08:07 PM
I read "gas man" and "hitting a bear" , I didn't expect to see wildlife.

Gas Man
08-24-2013, 02:31 AM
:lol: real funny guys..

That was small bear... but yeah that seems about right on how it all went... down...