PDA

View Full Version : Aug 22nd-Aug 25, Let's go UP, no let's go DOWN ride

Denimblack
08-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Leaving in the AM on Thursday Aug 22 and making a beeline with a group to the U.P. We will return home on Sunday the 25th of august. If anyone is interested in joining please post up. The plan is to visit copper harbor and return home. We will be staying In hotels/ motels while on the road. We will be winging it during our travels, so no plans are for sure. All I can say for sure s there will be ALOT of miles laid and prolly ALOT of beer drank at night! If anyone would like to join, Please let me know. The more the merrier. Can't wait for this already!!

Gas Man
08-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Watch out for deer & have a ball!!

Ultra AL
08-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Wish I could make it Denim, but I can't stay away from the store that long in the summer. :(

Have a good ride!

Bagger Dave
08-05-2013, 11:32 PM
This! X2! :rockwoot:

Mudpuppy
08-06-2013, 10:40 AM
wish I could - traveling like a motherfucker in September and then October starts hunting season so will be up north alot so I need to lay low in August

Caveman
08-06-2013, 11:05 AM

Can't stress this enough. Even watch for them in the middle of the damn day.

Mudpuppy
08-06-2013, 12:27 PM
My advice (take it how you want it) - if they are on the side of the road or running maintain lane position - scrub whatever speed you can and if they are in your lane AIM RIGHT THE FUCK FOR THEM - 93% of fatalities are caused by trying to swerve to avoid them - cars, trucks and bikes. Majority of the time if you aim for them they won't be there when you get there. And if they are you will be a lot less hurt staying in your lane hitting them then if you hit a tree or an oncoming car. Sounds fucked up to aim for them if they are in your lane and you can't stop but that is the best course of action. On a bike though a lot of the time you can stop or slow way down before you get to them. I am always looking for the fuckers so I usually see them before they see me. I have hit several deer in cars, trucks and I nicked one with my mirror on a bike - I never left my lane. And I have avoided hitting a few by scrubbing speed and aiming right at them.

Caveman
08-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Just like in Days of Thunder, "just pick a line you can hold and drive through it." - Harry Hogge.

Makes sense actually those deer usually are so damn scared on the road they are just closin thier eyes and goin balls out. I'm with Mud, pull in those brakes as hard as possible without lockin them up and stay in the lane. Perhaps a slight shift inside the lane may be all ya need to save your ass but tryin to dodge out the way may put you in a worse spot. Deer move when they get hit, trees and on coming traffic would hurt a lot more.

Denimblack
08-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Geeezzzz.... My thread got highjacked!! Lol, thanks for the tips fellas. I will do my best to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. Them damn deer are not fun to see when on the scoot. I see em all the time on the island. Hopefully I won't have to pull a gasman on my trip. I prefer to kill my deer with guns or a bow. :lmao:

Denimblack
08-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Trip cancelled to da U.P...... Instead heading south to the Dragons Tail. Gonna spend a couple days in the smokie mountains. Decided to switch it up since we went north last year.

Gas Man
08-12-2013, 08:49 PM
That's always a good destination.

sprink
08-12-2013, 10:17 PM
careful down there!

bombdog
08-13-2013, 12:43 PM
Have fun and be safe! I am heading that way next month.

Guitargod
08-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Still just the 4 days?

Denimblack
08-14-2013, 09:40 PM
Still just the 4 days?

4.5 days, gonna get a couple hundred miles in after work on the 21st. Should be to the dragon around noonish on the 22nd.

Denimblack
08-14-2013, 09:42 PM
Thanks gas for fixing my thread topic! Lol

Gas Man
08-15-2013, 01:27 AM
Glad you liked it Denim!!!! :lol: