PDA

View Full Version : Deer Hunters get your Doe permits NOW

Hawgrider
08-02-2013, 10:38 AM
The Applications are on sale now until August 15th.

Gas Man
08-02-2013, 11:20 AM
I got one without a permit!! :D

Caveman
08-02-2013, 05:02 PM
yeah but that bastard is prolly either still rotting or been fed upon by the local coyote population.

Mudpuppy
08-05-2013, 10:58 AM
I saw the DNR email I just haven't done anything yet. I need to get my head in the game. Last few years have not been good hunting years for me.

horrorbusiness
08-05-2013, 12:29 PM
No one deer hunts , open it up , free for all style.

Mudpuppy
08-05-2013, 02:20 PM
No one deer hunts , open it up , free for all style.

automatic weapons? armor piercing rounds?

horrorbusiness
08-05-2013, 05:04 PM
I was thinking mortars and hand grenades

Mudpuppy
08-06-2013, 10:43 AM
That works too. Flame throwers are good too - kill and cook in one fail swoop. Done and done - how do you like your vension? Little napalm for seasoning.

Hawgrider
08-06-2013, 02:10 PM
That works too. Flame throwers are good too - kill and cook in one fail swoop. Done and done - how do you like your vension? Little napalm for seasoning.

So Im getting the Idea that none of you guys Hunt .....:lmao:

Ok never mind.

CnA
08-11-2013, 01:11 PM
I used to apply, but it's a waste of money and time for me. I just get a doe permit at a store the first day when they are open for purchase.

RedneckMedic
08-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Im putting in for mine went scouting last night amd saw an 8 point and 2 four pointers and about 30 other doe last night all within a quarter mile of where my blind will be. This is going to be my first deer hunting season and im excited.

Hawgrider
08-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Im putting in for mine went scouting last night amd saw an 8 point and 2 four pointers and about 30 other doe last night all within a quarter mile of where my blind will be. This is going to be my first deer hunting season and im excited.First time deer hunter? Well hope you get hooked. Hunters are a dying breed with today supermarket pussies. They wouldnt know how to pluck a feather from a chicken let alone butcher an animal for table fair. Good for you!!!! First thing to learn is to just enjoy being in the woods and the rest will come to you. Good luck hope you bag one for the table this year....... but dont get discouraged if you don't. And once you learn the ins and outs of deer hunting pass it on to some youth!

Mudpuppy
08-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Lance I am planning on going up north sometime during hunting season. Hunt morning and afternoon and ride bikes during the day. You are welcome to join us. 7 acres of private land and 5,000+ acres of national forest.

Hawgrider
08-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Lance I am planning on going up north sometime during hunting season. Hunt morning and afternoon and ride bikes during the day. You are welcome to join us. 7 acres of private land and 5,000+ acres of national forest.Everyone has their own methods.
Back in the early 70's I was a 2 hour hunter then back at camp to play cards and drink beer like the rest of them . But I didnt or rarely bagged deer. I started filling the frezzer every year when I learned to sit still and stay out all day sun up to sun down. Its a mind game to stay content from sun up to sun down but when you master the mind game of sitting still all day it has a big payoff. Ive killed more deer between 10 am and 2pm than any other time in the woods. the deer know when you guys go back to camp....LOL

RedneckMedic
08-12-2013, 02:17 PM
Paul keep me posted wouldn't mind going with other people. If not I'm familiar with the wood I plan on going to and you are welcome to come there too.

Mudpuppy
08-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Yes Hawg I get it and I have killed many deer after 10am and most times I go in the woods at dark and come out at dark. But riding season and my time available is only so long. So I combine 2 kick ass things. It's time management. And time where the fun governor doesn't infringe on the fun factor. But there will be days/weekends I will reserve for all day long hunting. Just not when I go up north.

Lance - are you talking bow or gun? Either is fine but 1,000% more chance up north of bagging a deer first day first hour bow hunting. Once gun opens there is heavy pressure and the deer are scarce. Plus fall color change is in full effect during bow season (and warmer riding temps).

Also I know of a lot of public hunting land around this area if you need any tips on where to go just let me know.

RedneckMedic
08-12-2013, 10:11 PM
I want to bow hunt but need to get one first otherwise ill just use my shotty.

Hawgrider
08-13-2013, 07:22 AM
Yes Hawg I get it and I have killed many deer after 10am and most times I go in the woods at dark and come out at dark. But riding season and my time available is only so long. So I combine 2 kick ass things. It's time management. And time where the fun governor doesn't infringe on the fun factor. But there will be days/weekends I will reserve for all day long hunting. Just not when I go up north.

Lance - are you talking bow or gun? Either is fine but 1,000% more chance up north of bagging a deer first day first hour bow hunting. Once gun opens there is heavy pressure and the deer are scarce. Plus fall color change is in full effect during bow season (and warmer riding temps).

Also I know of a lot of public hunting land around this area if you need any tips on where to go just let me know.Agree Im less enthused for early bow season Id rather ride than sit in the woods at 60+ degrees with the skeeters and knats.

Mudpuppy
08-13-2013, 10:40 AM
I want to bow hunt but need to get one first otherwise ill just use my shotty.

I have a bow you can use

Mudpuppy
08-13-2013, 10:42 AM
Agree Im less enthused for early bow season Id rather ride than sit in the woods at 60+ degrees with the skeeters and knats.

I go back and forth - just depends what is going on. I hang with my cousin and he doesn't hunt so I try to do a little of everything. Probably not as effective as camped out in the woods from dawn to dusk but I enjoy myself. But yeah the skeeters and gnats can get to you as well.