PDA

View Full Version : TWC - Saturday Mass - 08/03/2013

Mudpuppy
08-01-2013, 10:35 AM
For those interested in an epic WSL ride.

Meet at Shell Gas Station (just west of US23) at North Territorial and US23 at 10am on Saturday, August 3, 2013

This ride will include ride captains and will be a controlled (as safe as possible) ride with several groups of riders including: front pack for anyone that wants to go fast (spirited ride), middle pack for those not on a Sunday ride but not wanting to push it too hard and then a back pack for anyone just cruising enjoying the back roads or beginners and of course a sweeper in the way back to keep an eye on things.

Ending up at the Beach Grill. Epic eating establishment - don't miss this one. That's fo sho.

http://www.beachbarclarklake.com/

Questions, comments, derogatory remarks, requests or if you just want to tell us how cool you are post up - this is a free for all anarchy fucking thread. Post up too if you plan to join this ride so I know to look out for you.

Recap:

Date: Saturday, August 3, 2013
Briefing: Get up and ride your motorcycle out to US23 and North Territorial Shell Gas Station
Or be super fucking cool and ride Al's ride and then meet us for the WSL ride
Time: 10:00am EST
What: WSL ride led by the legendary go kart champion MRP - this ride will lead us deep into the inner sanctum of the WSL (Mr. Bs, amazon, waterloo, etc. etc.)

Ultra AL
08-01-2013, 12:10 PM
The early bird ride will meet up with you guys at 10 am for anyone wanting to continue on. I'll be heading back east at that point to go to work. Sounds like an EPIC day of riding in store.

beeman07
08-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Dammit. Another Saturday that I can't sleep in.

I don't want to miss a chance to be "super fucking cool", so if I make it to the early morning ride, I'll join this ride, too. Then you can all see my super fucking cool XR1200x in the flesh. And my lawn can go another week without getting mowed.

-Fred.

Also happening on Saturday at roughly the same time and in roughly the same area as our ride destination:
- Town & Country Sports Center H-D (US12 & US127) is having their Customer Appreciation Day until 3pm.
- Northaven (nudist) Resort (Brooklyn, MI) is having their Biker Bash Weekend.

I just never know what I'll find on my Motorcycle events calendar!

Gas Man
08-01-2013, 02:05 PM
That sounds like an awesome day of riding Fred!!!!

Firetaz419
08-01-2013, 02:06 PM
damn you guys always do the EPIC rides the weekend i work at the fire dept. :( next weekend lets do a North East ride of the state :D

Gas Man
08-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Where ya thinking Firetaz??

Firetaz419
08-01-2013, 02:41 PM
oh I don't care, any where is nice... its slow riding up till Lake Orion / Oxford but after you get through there its all country. I love taking the ninja out that way - i just don't know any stops that we could make, like you guys usually do.

Mudpuppy
08-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Ok how about we line up an ESL ride for next weekend? I have plenty o plenty of east side people interested - I will talk to my peepz and let you know the details. And we will do it proper on sunday for TWC so gasman doesn't get butthurt. Maybe I will put a side car on my bike so he can do a ride along (NOT!).

Well in terms of the other 2 events - clothed and clothing optional - we will definitely be in the area so would be really easy to get to those whether or not a group goes and breaks off or not who knows? Just depends. We could have 20+ bikes on the 10am ride. Never know - some weekends 1 or 2 people show up. Other weekends the fucking gas station is over run with bikes and grisly motherfuckers ready to ride.

Firetaz419
08-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Sounds good to me Mud, just let me know! i for once have the whole weekend to myself next weekend, no FD and no working in Ponti-Crack! :D weather permitting ill be out every day starting Thursday HAHA :rockwoot:

Mudpuppy
08-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Sounds good to me Mud, just let me know! i for once have the whole weekend to myself next weekend, no FD and no working in Ponti-Crack! :D weather permitting ill be out every day starting Thursday HAHA :rockwoot:

No worries - I feel your pain. Just finished 5 weekends away. Finally now I will get to put some miles down. August 1? Bullshit. But whatever - it is life. This Saturday the fun governor has plans ALL FUCKING DAY so I am going, GASMAN SURVEY SAYS - put some miles down. Sunday I have to chop wood and bbq for my sister's birthday. So it worked out better this way. But we can do a proper TWC on Sunday August 11, 2013. I will put it on the calendar now so the fun governor doesn't nix it. I got to ride ALOT in August because my September is totally fucked - going to be on the road most of the month or in a plane or somewhere on one of the continents. Got Vegas, Deal's Gap and Oktoberfest all in the same month.

sprink
08-01-2013, 08:55 PM
See ya at 10am at the Shell. Sounds like a nice ride. MRP is a good leader, and you ride OK too, lol.

owl
08-03-2013, 06:35 AM
Iím in for your epic WSL ride. I can be at US 23 & NorthTerritorial by 10:00 am .
Jim

Mudpuppy
08-03-2013, 08:46 AM
See ya at 10am at the Shell. Sounds like a nice ride. MRP is a good leader, and you ride OK too, lol.

Thanks sprink, lol. As long as we don't go over 25mph I am good.

I’m in for your epic WSL ride. I can be at US 23 & NorthTerritorial by 10:00 am .
Jim

Cool man - see you at 10am.

Ultra AL
08-03-2013, 04:23 PM
I’m in for your epic WSL ride. I can be at US 23 & NorthTerritorial by 10:00 am .
Jim

Good to see you again Jim! Hope your ride was good today!

beeman07
08-03-2013, 05:31 PM
TWO WHEEL MASS RIDE REPORT - 8/3/2013 - 208 miles.

I am beat. But what a day of riding. It was a day full of "firsts".

Left home a little after 7am. Rode 10 or so miles to Milan in dense fog. Couldn't see a damn thing. Misjudged a sharp turn, fixated on a pothole, and found myself riding in the weeds next to the road. That was a first. I thought to myself, "so, this is how I put my bike down for the first time", but managed to keep it upright. Good for me.

Met the early morning crew at the Shell in Milan and road to Big Boy in Chelsea. Another first: riding in a group of more than three bikes! Yee-ha!

Pack continues from Chelsea to 10am meeting spot at cruising speed. Not unexpected.

I get a little bewildered and anxious when meeting new people and going places that I've never been; so I wasn't in my right mind when the pack(s) rolled out to start Two Wheel Mass. Just as I left the parking lot I realized that I had unwittingly joined the sport bike crew, but I had to save face; I couldn't just pull over and wait to join the cruisers. I had to commit. And that's when the fun started. Here's a quick summary of that section of the ride: zoom, "shit!", zoom, move over for bicycle, corner, GRAVEL!, corner, zoom, slow truck, corner, pucker, corner, corner, SCREEEECH!!!, zoom, gotta pee, need gas.

My apologies to the sport bike guys for bailing out during the second loop of the run. My bike and I were both out of gas. I had a blast riding with you guys, so if you can handle having an H-D ride with you again, I'll be back. More firsts: This was the first time I took the XR for a truly spirited ride, so it was also the first time I took a spirited group ride. The cruisers don't know what they're missing!

Anywho, after bailing I wandered through the countryside for a while until I could get my head together and decided to find the Beach Bar to see if the other pack was still there (it was nearly 2pm by this point). Ran into a few guys that were leaving to ride to Town & Country, so off we went. Too late for the free food, but we got to see lots of bikes and knock back a late lunch at the Artesian Wells.

Followed by a nice ride down US12 to home by 4pm. Good times.

In summary: I had a blast. I pushed my XR1200x hard today; but I pushed myself even harder.

Let's do it again.

-Fred.

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y426/beeman07/20130803-epic_ride/IMG_1548_zpsbf44498c.jpg (http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/beeman07/media/20130803-epic_ride/IMG_1548_zpsbf44498c.jpg.html)

One of these things is not like the other ones...

owl
08-03-2013, 05:48 PM
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm225/owl1289/IMG_20130803_100431_2521.jpgHey Al it was good to see you also. I had a great ridetoday, 211 miles and a tank of fuel.
Thanks Greg. It was nice to have someone to follow throughHell and wherever. Good lunch and great conversation.

sprink
08-03-2013, 06:05 PM
After bad start to the day (getting called to work as I was preparing to leave for a leisurely ride out to Shell :fu2:), I did make it there before the group left.

Soon as I took off my helmet I was asked to lead the cruiser group. The ride out, even hauling ass on the slab, had cleared my mind about work, so OK!

Sport bikes started out first and I was surprised to see beeman07 pull into the back of that group, but I thought, "why not, XR1200...I would too"! I have ridden with that group before and they accept the sportster as well as the Buell, but the sporster does get more grief, lol.

I remembered the whole route to the first scheduled stop, that went well. When I was asked if I knew the way to Beach Bar, ahh not so much. Luckily Denimblack led the way by GPS. We beat the sport bikes by an hour! I know they took the LONG way to get there, but it was amusing to me.

Nice lunch at Beach Bar and a nice ride back with "owl".

This is the only time we spent together after we left, obligatory group bike photos.....
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/sprink_photos/CAM00109_zpsf2327319.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/sprink_photos/CAM00110_zpsd657f942.jpg

Denimblack
08-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Well It was an absolute blast. In total I did 249 miles for the day. Some of them roads were stellar. Thanks to all for making myself and my group of 5 others feel welcome. Beeman, sprink, owl, mudpuppy and Superglide it was nice riding with ya. If I forgot anyone I apologize. Sorry I missed Artesian wells, I had to break off from the ride just before 2 pm. My wife had informed me that we had a graduation party at 3pm.... Lol well I hauled balls and made it home in record time... Thanks agin to all an I'll post up some pics when I get to a computer. Can't wait to do it again! Theres only 1 regret I have about today though.... My arms are fried!!! I forgot the sunscreen at home, that won't happen again!

Bagger Dave
08-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Glad you guys had a good ride! Thanks for sharing the pics :rockout:

Ultra AL
08-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Now that sounds like an epic 2nd leg of the ride. Love the Beeman report! The HD hanging with the sportbikes was probably a blast to see.

good hanging with you guys today. Gotta come up with another one for next week.......

Mudpuppy
08-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Good to meet and ride with everyone. We took the way long way to beach bar - sorry to leave you hanging so long sprink - that really wasn't the idea. If I knew the way I would have led that group but I had no idea (still don't) on how to get there. All in all great day of riding. Gasman we put miles down.

sprink
08-03-2013, 10:19 PM
Good to meet and ride with everyone. We took the way long way to beach bar - sorry to leave you hanging so long sprink - that really wasn't the idea. If I knew the way I would have led that group but I had no idea (still don't) on how to get there. All in all great day of riding. Gasman we put miles down.

Oh, no worries! Great ride. I think everyone had a great time. Would have been nice to have lunch together though. Next time!

Mudpuppy
08-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Oh, no worries! Great ride. I think everyone had a great time. Would have been nice to have lunch together though. Next time!

Probably should have just split into 2 groups: cement city group and beach bar group. That would have worked out better.

Beach Bar has free wifi that is fast btw.

sprink
08-03-2013, 10:33 PM
yep, cement city group kinda bailed on us at lunch. live and learn

Gas Man
08-04-2013, 03:20 AM
That's great guys.

Good job!!

Fred, I use to have a sport bike. I do know and will stick with my choice.

Caveman
08-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Damn, nice and quite large crowd. Way to represent TWM!!!! keep spreading the word and keep growing the rider group. perhaps one day we can make patches and create our own Cuts and take over Michigan as the best MC in the state. HAHAHAA:lmao:

Mudpuppy
08-05-2013, 09:47 AM
Damn, nice and quite large crowd. Way to represent TWM!!!! keep spreading the word and keep growing the rider group. perhaps one day we can make patches and create our own Cuts and take over Michigan as the best MC in the state. HAHAHAA:lmao:

Dude the TWM crew way outnumbered the redline crew - probably 2 to 1. There is even TWM affiliates not even signed onto the forum that were there.

Ultra AL
08-05-2013, 10:01 AM
There is even TWM affiliates not even signed onto the forum that were there.

Those were the TWM Nomads Mud.

Mudpuppy
08-05-2013, 10:11 AM

I vote we patch them in. It worked well on SOA with the nomads right?

Denimblack
08-05-2013, 12:18 PM

Haha, yeah, the 5 guys I brought know about the site. Superglide gave my uncle and his buddy a card. Another couple friends of mine said they checked out the site when they got home. It was surprising how many bikes there was. Iv never been apart of a ride like that except for charity runs.

Gas Man
08-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Denim... we get groups like that all the time on these weekend TWC rides. It's great!!!

Denimblack
08-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Denim... we get groups like that all the time on these weekend TWC rides. It's great!!!

Sweet! I'll be making it out more now, I'll see ya at TWC soon...

bombdog
08-07-2013, 09:23 AM

Lets get the patches I carry.........

owl
08-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Lets get the patches I carry.........

I tried the patch and didn’t have any results until I quitsmoking. I’m not sure the patch is for everyone.

Hawgrider
08-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Lets get the patches I carry.........Dont forget to add the rockers and MC :lmao::blowup:

Ultra AL
08-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Dont forget to add the rockers and MC :lmao::blowup:

Stay away from the green and black. I remember some posts earlier this year. Another guy has those taken if I recall...

Mudpuppy
08-07-2013, 05:21 PM
I like patch, I usually wait until she is sleeping then have my way with it

RedneckMedic
08-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Looks like a great time. Ya hangin with those sport bike guys can make you put a harley tbrough its paces and a couple ditches ask me how i know haha.

Mudpuppy
08-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Looks like a great time. Ya hangin with those sport bike guys can make you put a harley tbrough its paces and a couple ditches ask me how i know haha.

MY friend's moms always said I was a bad influence

Mudpuppy
08-23-2013, 03:16 PM
More pics:

http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o348/mudpuppyr6/WSLRide080313_004e.jpg

http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o348/mudpuppyr6/WSLRide080313_006e.jpg

http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o348/mudpuppyr6/WSLRide080313_008e.jpg

http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o348/mudpuppyr6/WSLRide080313_010e.jpg

Gas Man
08-24-2013, 01:25 AM
Love it!!!

beeman07
08-24-2013, 09:49 PM
Love it!!!

+1

(And not just because my bike is showcased).

cutter
08-24-2013, 10:05 PM
More pics:

http://i340.photobucket.com/albums/o348/mudpuppyr6/WSLRide080313_004e.jpg

Awesome pics

POTM ?

Mudpuppy
08-26-2013, 12:12 AM
Had to showcase the XR.. it was necessary.. just like pimping, it ain't easy but it's necessary..