PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to Friday

ChefC14
04-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Getting out for a ride Friday and I'm definitely looking forward to it. My brother lives in Clinton Township and of course I live by Petoskey. Well, we're meeting Friday morning in Harrison Michigan for lunch. That's about half way, I think he's driving about 40 miles more than I am. Should be a great ride. The weather is supposed to be in the 70's. I hope he doesn't ask me to ride my bike, I'd hate to have to tell him no. It's new and no one has ridden it besides me and I'd like to keep it that way, at least for a while.
I hope everyone else can take advantage of the great weather and get out. Hopefully I'll get some good pics, if I do I'll be sure and post them. If you haven't been to the north on your bike, then you haven't been to the north at all. Ride safe but not too safe that you forget to have fun.

Twisted
04-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Tomorrow is looking pretty good too, hopefully I can ride to work. That's about all I can do for the week. I don't think they'd be very happy with me if I took another day off unexpectedly. Hoping though, to get some bike time in most of Saturday, it's supposed to be beautiful out. I know what ya mean about not wanting to share your new bike, thats hard to do. Just keep saying, "next time."
Have a great ride.

ChefC14
04-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks Twisted, I'll be saying next time for awhile. Mike was the first one to ride my 109. Before I traded it in I let a few people ride it though. At that point I just didn't care. I hope you get out Saturday and I'm sure you can ride to work tomorrow. Oh yeah here is a link for you to check out, http://www.motoress.com/articles.asp?c=femalerideday&s=ABOUT (http://www.motoress.com/articles.asp?c=femalerideday&s=ABOUT)
Take Care

B-Kinger
04-23-2009, 08:09 AM
I was thinkin of asking you if I could take a spin on it, but we ended up in a huge hurry anyways, ha ha. In due time, I'll wear you down with my persistent nagging, cmon, cmon, cmon, cmon, cmon, cmon....you ride mine, i'll ride yours. Bikes I mean.

Twisted
04-23-2009, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the site. I will check it out more thoroughly when I have some extra time. It's kinda tough being a female rider, trying to find other girls to ride with, that I enjoy hanging out with also. Never really had female friends to begin with. I've always had guy friends. There are quite a few women in the FCRC group, but they don't ride on their own, just with their husbands/group, and well, I'm just different from them. But anyways, thank you, and of course I'm riding today!

ChefC14
04-23-2009, 08:45 AM
I was thinkin of asking you if I could take a spin on it, but we ended up in a huge hurry anyways, ha ha. In due time, I'll wear you down with my persistent nagging, cmon, cmon, cmon, cmon, cmon, cmon....you ride mine, i'll ride yours. Bikes I mean.

You'll probably be the first, cuz if you ride it I'll get to ride the King. You were the first to ride my 109. I couldn't say no because you let me ride your V-Max and your ZZR. So for you it'll be yes but don't tell anyone. My brother rides a Harley something glide. I have no interest in riding that. It'll be like riding my old Shadow, slow. Of course I won't mind riding next to him so I can hear the sweet sound of the v-twin.

B-Kinger
04-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Something glide, LOL! I forgot he even rode. Thats great that yer meeting him. Where and when are you meeting?

ChefC14
04-23-2009, 12:56 PM
We're meeting in Harrison at noon. There used to be a little restaurant called Jackpine and if it's not there anymore we'll meet at McDonalds. He'll be riding about 40 more miles than me but we are both very familiar with this town. It's about 30 miles south of Houghton Lake. For him it's about a 2 hour ride, me 15 minutes. hahahahaha Okay maybe more like an hour and a half.

B-Kinger
04-24-2009, 09:51 AM
Have a good time out there bro.

Berto
04-24-2009, 10:31 AM
I think I'll do some hooliganism this weekend fo sho!!! WOOT WOOT!!! Can't WAIT!!!!

Def a stay outdoors weekend!!!

Be safe everyone!

ChefC14
04-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Hey Dale, it was cool that you showed up. Hope you had a good ride home. We hung out for a few hours going down memory lane. There are some good back roads in Harrison. We parted ways at around 3:00 and I made it home to have dinner with the family. When I got home I was hot and sweaty. I'm going to have to rethink this summer season. I don't think the mesh is going to keep me cool when the temps get up there. I thought I was going to be safe this summer but it doesn't look that way. It looks like I'll be riding in jeans and t-shirt like usual. Time will tell. My bike has 2100 miles and I've only had it for a month. Most of the time riding in 35 degree temps. This is going to be a great summer.

B-Kinger
04-25-2009, 10:20 AM
It's funny, I bought a blue denim armor jacket from Tourmaster a couple years ago, a Cortech DSX coat, and I was wearing it when I crashed on Schoenherr last year, so it's slightly scuffed on the elbow, but it protected me perfectly. Now that I have a black bike, the coat looks horrible with it, so when we went to Rocky's I was lured into trying on and eventually purchasing a black textile jacket from Tourmaster as well. It's the Transition 2 jacket. It has an unbelievable amount of features, and is a great value for the money in my opinion. Problem is, once I opened up some vents for circulation yesterday, the jacket balloons up bigtime, feeling very strange and probably looking stupid as well. I just didn't like it at all. Being close to home, I doubled back and grabbed the old denim one to do a back to back comparison. Although the denim one doesn't have nearly the storage capacity or features, it does have a few zippered vents in just the right places, and as it turns out I really do like the old demin one much better! It was actually much cooler when I rode, and more comfortable as well. I may just end up selling this new one and keeping the old faithful demin. I figured I'd mention this to you Marco, because this coat not only keeps you cool with it's removable liner, but the color of the blue denim would match your bike perfectly! You should look into it!