PDA

View Full Version : Centerstands for baggers

deep purple
07-30-2013, 06:34 AM
Who has one? Do you like it? What make is it? How do you use it? I think I have decided to Go with the EZ up for mine.

Kosher
07-30-2013, 08:31 AM
Gas has one. Not sure which, but be careful, if you use a jack, you might lose some clearance.

Caveman
07-30-2013, 08:42 AM
Gas and I have the same one and I can't remember what the make is, I didn't order mine, got it off another guys bike before he traded it in. I do know its not the HD one. bolts up pretty easy and has plenty of clearance, unless your goin over curbs then it doesn't have a lot of clearance. It has the nice long but not too long standing lever.

Kosher
07-30-2013, 09:07 AM
Gas and I have the same one and I can't remember what the make is, I didn't order mine, got it off another guys bike before he traded it in. I do know its not the HD one. bolts up pretty easy and has plenty of clearance, unless your goin over curbs then it doesn't have a lot of clearance. It has the nice long but not too long standing lever.

Is it the EZ UP? http://www.wheeldock.com/prod_EZ.shtml

Caveman
07-30-2013, 10:53 AM
I believe it is the EZ up. I'm sure Gas will be chiming in soon enough here. but it has the engagement pin thats long enough yet doesn't interfere with the passenger boards. I think it was like an additional 7-8 pounds of weight. but whats cool IMO is that you start the bike shift into gear and then just drive off of it and go no fuss no muss.

Bagger Dave
07-30-2013, 11:16 AM

Is it the EZ UP? http://www.wheeldock.com/prod_EZ.shtml

I believe it is the EZ up. I'm sure Gas will be chiming in soon enough here. but it has the engagement pin thats long enough yet doesn't interfere with the passenger boards. I think it was like an additional 7-8 pounds of weight. but whats cool IMO is that you start the bike shift into gear and then just drive off of it and go no fuss no muss.

yep yep! it is the EZ-Up...I have the exact same one as Gas and Cave...mine was already on my bike when I bought it....
look in here....http://www.twowheelmichigan.com/showthread.php?2579-Center-Stand-on-my-FLH&highlight=center+stand

a shot of my scoot and Gas Man's outside of Strange Daze Tattoo in Davidson,MI
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x59/davessleeve/2011%20Harley%20Davidson%20Ultra%20Limited%20FLHTK/StrangeDazeTattooGasManBaggerD_zps18c5339b.jpg (http://s186.photobucket.com/user/davessleeve/media/2011%20Harley%20Davidson%20Ultra%20Limited%20FLHTK/StrangeDazeTattooGasManBaggerD_zps18c5339b.jpg.htm l)

Kosher
07-30-2013, 11:42 AM
What about ground clearance for a jack?

Gas Man
07-30-2013, 11:45 AM
At least Dave knows! :lol:

It limits some jacking in the rear. You could put on center stand and then jack up even easier.

Kosher
07-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Mine is on my jack constantly - mostly for cleaning, but minor repairs, and heck, sometimes you just feel like taking your outer fairing off just for shits and grins (:)), a jack makes that much easier. (insert a promotional plug for J&S jacks... )

Speaking personally, a center stand doesnt solve any problems for me. :skep:

Caveman
07-30-2013, 11:04 PM
I also have a J&S jack and I have no issues with the center stand.

Kosher
07-31-2013, 06:20 AM
I also have a J&S jack and I have no issues with the center stand.

Good to know - I'd like to check it out at some point.

deep purple
07-31-2013, 06:59 AM
Thanks for all the replys. I ordered one yesterday thanks to Gasmans exellent writeup/pics, it was better than the offerings on EZup's website. It seems as though several of you have had them for an extended period and, still like them/find them useful, so that also helped in my decision.

Kosher
07-31-2013, 08:09 AM
Interesting, the Wheeldock site says your tank will hold more fuel if you fill up while on the stand. Makes sense, but I wonder if its usable fuel - any experience with that?

Gas Man
07-31-2013, 08:48 AM
Thanks for all the replys. I ordered one yesterday thanks to Gasmans exellent writeup/pics, it was better than the offerings on EZup's website. It seems as though several of you have had them for an extended period and, still like them/find them useful, so that also helped in my decision.

Thanks I do pride myself in my reviews. Let us know how you like it when you get it. If you have any problems with the install, Rod (the owner) is great. You can also call/text me if you want, just PM me for my cell number.

Interesting, the Wheeldock site says your tank will hold more fuel if you fill up while on the stand. Makes sense, but I wonder if its usable fuel - any experience with that?

I always stand my bike up (regardless of center stand) when I fuel up. It's usable fuel because it allows you to fill it up closer to the neck of the fuel filler.