View Full Version : MC crash caught on tape

Gas Man
07-27-2013, 12:36 AM
So who's at fault???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjN90iHtXcI

I think both parties.

Caveman
07-27-2013, 10:15 AM
I would say the accident is entirely the fault of the driver of the car. While, yes the cyclist was probably exceeding the speed limit, what reason did the driver of the car have to cross the lanes of traffic? Was he trying to hit the bus in the front end? Was he trying to make a left turn out of the parking lot? If so, then why didn't he wait till the bus moved on as what is supposed to happen? I would say the insurance of the car will be picking up a pretty hefty bill. Just sayin. Unless its a shitty no fault state like Michigan, then each party's insurance will be footing the bill for repairs. I hate no fault.

ChefC14
07-27-2013, 10:55 AM
With the bus stopped right there the car shouldn't have pulled out and the bike should have been going slower. With a bus stopped it's obvious that there would be some pedestrian traffic. That being said the car did pull out into the line of traffic, the nose of the bike did dive indicating the guy was braking but he just didn't have sufficient time to stop. I wonder if it was a 55 mph road. If it was a 35 he was definitely speeding. Any idea how the rider ended up?

Watching it in slow motion it doesn't appear that the rider was wearing kind of gear at all.

Gas Man
07-27-2013, 12:05 PM
I heard he walked away.

ChefC14
07-27-2013, 01:16 PM
I looked up the Youtube comments and it appears he did. Wow.

Caveman
07-27-2013, 01:37 PM
At approximately :18 into the video it reverts to the rear facing driver cam and you can see the helmet spinning away. Looks like a half lid.