PDA

View Full Version : introduction from the north.

ChefC14
04-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Hey guys and gals,
I was turned on to this forum by my buddy Mike. I figure I better introduce myself. My name is Marco and as you can see I go by chefc14, once I was chefshadow then chef109 but now chefc14.. I have many miles under my butt but I just made a big change. since 2000 I've always ridden v-twins but I just traded my M109R in three weeks ago for the 08 Kawasaki Concours. I just took a 761 mile weekend and I now know 100% that I love this bike. I'm still getting used to the buzz of a 4 cylinder and I do miss the sound of the twin but I'll be fine. Well, I'm here and I'm ready to contribute whatever I can.

(http://www.myspace.com/chefshadow)

Thruxtonbill
04-20-2009, 07:25 PM
Welcome Marco. I love the Concours, nice bike. A really different bike then the 109. how are the ergos? When I sat on the bike I thought it needed risers, but maybe not.
I know it has all the power you should need:eek:. Anyway, .........glad you're here.

Bill

Thruxtonbill
04-20-2009, 07:34 PM
BTW how do you get that guy Mike to take a ride with ya, hell I think the guy lives like 4 miles from me and all I have ever seen him in is a PT crusier, lol .

Bob
04-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Welcome to the forums!

ChefC14
04-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the welcomes. Mike and I went to high school together. About 6 years ago we got ahold of each other by internet of course. That year I asked him to go on the midnight ride with me and my sister in law. He did and we had a great time. We've ridden a few times together over the years. It sure isn't easy, there is quite a distance between us.
The ergos of the Concours are great. I'm only 5 ft 7 inches so I fit right in there. I probably could use a little more belly room but that is a mod I have to do to myself not the bike. I don't know if I'll be scraping pegs anytime soon but you never know. As hfar as the risers go I do know quite a bit of the guys on the concours Owners Group forum have done it but I don't find it necessary. First thing I had to add was a GPS mount. I'll either use it for the GPS or my mp3 player. This summer I'm headed to the Dragon and I'll use the GPS for the trip. I've been down there 3 times before and never needed one but since I have it, why not? I'm hoping Mike can get away to go to the Dragon with me and another of my riding buddies. I plan on heading down to Ky. Then riding the Cumberland Gap through the Cumberland Gap tunnel, there is a kick arsed scenic mountain to ride up and when you get to the top you're in Ky. but you walk into Va. and you're looking into Tennessee. After that over to Pigeon Forge for the night. Next day Dragon, Cherohola Skyway and maybe 28 down to Franklin. There is some great waterfalls down that way. Maybe Cherokee for the night, who knows. I can't wait for June 4th to get here.
Again thanks for the welcomes.

Twisted
04-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Hey Marco, glad you joined the site and nice seeing you Saturday. After what I heard, I'm glad I stayed home! I never coulda kept up.
p.s. haven't seen the hawk anymore, hopefully it's ok.

ChefC14
04-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Nice seeing you also. You know you two are welcome to come up here any time. You should plan a trip before Mr King starts teaching the classes.
You would have been fine, we didn't drive that fast. A few triple digit passes but other than that just about 60 most of the time.
The hawk, well nature will take care of him. He's either eating a mouse or being eaten by a cat. One way or another somebody is getting a meal.

ChefC14
04-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Here is my baby going for her first ride on the C14.
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd139/Chef109nnah00/ErinDadC142.jpg

Twisted
04-20-2009, 09:03 PM
BTW how do you get that guy Mike to take a ride with ya, hell I think the guy lives like 4 miles from me and all I have ever seen him in is a PT crusier, lol .

That IS pretty funny, cuz he just hates that thing. But he does get away with murder in it.
I'm sure he/we will catch up on the rides fz, the season has barely begun. We just happened to be work free (me playing hooky), kid free, and soccer free this weekend....sometimes it's hard to work around those things to plan for long rides. Allot of it is spontaneous, "Let's go NOW" kinda rides.
We should all have emergency bike ride pagers!

ChefC14
04-20-2009, 10:12 PM
I like the ride pager idea. You just send out a beep, time and location and bingo you have a ride. People become millionaires with ideas like that. beep beep beep, to the bat cycle Robin Down the pole an out of the cave, let the fun begin.

B-Kinger
04-20-2009, 10:25 PM
Yea sorry Bill, things just fell the way they did this past wknd, it was quite crazy, and I had already read on here about Meinschaft and Berto wanting to do the loop this wknd, so knowing that Phil was still up for it Saturday, he was who I called to meet with Marco. Sorry man, we'll do some riding, you can bank on it!

Berto
04-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Welcome to the site... hope to see you on the road soon.