PDA

View Full Version : Saturday

Berto
04-16-2009, 01:19 AM
It is supposed to be awesome weather... anyone up for a WSL ride?

I think we need someone that knows the roads... but... I'm game.

meinschaft
04-16-2009, 06:20 AM
I'm interested and know my way around pretty well.

Gas Man
04-16-2009, 11:14 AM
I normally would but i think the wife is gg out with me. it will be her first ride on the new bike n first ride of the season, she will want a just us ride i'm sure

Berto
04-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Cool cool. So, noon meeting time, same location as last time. That parking lot in northville across the street from the racetrack.

Does that work?

B-Kinger
04-16-2009, 12:17 PM
I just found out I'm not working Friday. It's rather sudden, but Monica and I are actually heading out to Tawas to meet some members of our occasional riding group, the Freedom Cruisers (FCRC) Chapter 20, Friday before noon, for an impromptu road trip. We're staying the night somewhere out there, or possibly in Houghton, and heading back home by Saturday afternoon. My buddy Marco will also be down Saturday on his new Concours 1400, wanting to hook up and ride with us. I'm hoping to take him out to the WSL if possible, but I'm just not sure exactly when we'll be back in town Saturday. Any takers for Friday?

Berto
04-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Change of plans... i forgot I have a commitment I made a few weeks back at noon also... so, change of plans.

Bummer... Oh well, we'll do it some other time.

Hope some others get to ride.

Bob
04-17-2009, 10:02 AM
I just had 4 of my wisdom teeth extracted. I'll probably be feeling better but I'm not getting on a bike with all this medication in me. LOL

Berto
04-17-2009, 11:02 AM
Good idea Bob.... keep the gauze changed and clean for at least 48 hours and no spitting or sipping from a straw.

Try to keep pressure out of your mouth, any movements that may move the blood clots... that way you can avoid dry sockets.

Good luck...

Took me a week to get back on the bike.

chadschloss78
04-18-2009, 10:24 PM
what is the WSL? west side loop? where exactly is it/does it run from/to? THanks :)

meinschaft
04-19-2009, 07:52 AM
There will probably be other explanations but the WSL (West Side Loop) probably begins in Plymouth, at the start of North Territorial Road, which heads west, to end at M-52, just north of Chelsea. At the intersection of North Territorial & U.S. 23, you can swing south to Ann Arbor or north to the Brighton/Howell areas.

West of U.S. 23, you can head to Dexter, Chelsea, or Hell. Or to the Waterloo or Pinckney Recreation areas. One of my favorite rides is to take N.Territorial to the end, go north on M-52 to Dexter Trail, and head west to Mason for a burger and beverage at the Mason Jar pub.

Gas Man
04-19-2009, 09:26 PM
The wife and I ran around the DR. She really likes her new Nightster.

B-Kinger
04-20-2009, 08:58 AM
Chad, glad to see yer back, nice bike, it's nice to see a venerable V4 in the group.

chadschloss78
04-20-2009, 05:57 PM
Yep, i'm still here, never left. it was hard to follow all the site transitions, but i'm here :) i found another site i've been lurking on too, along with all the magna boards i frequent. it's called www.detroitsportbikes.com (http://www.detroitsportbikes.com) and there are some people riding out by me that i plan on getting together with, as well as some rides with you guys here too. i still have to get some new tires on and install my new kevlar clutch, new progressive front springs, factory pro shift star kit, and a few other things. i've got my carbs all dialed in this year for my current setup. this thing halls balls :) the pull is amazing for basically a stock v-4. i need to head to a decent dyno shop to see what it's putting out now. can't wait to get out there. maybe i'll get some stuff done this week while it's raining. i'm sure i'll see ya out there soon. :)

Berto
04-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Nice... many people, including Bob and I on this site are DSB members... they are a club, but I have gone to a couple of their events.

Glad to see you here and hope to see you on a ride soon.