PDA

View Full Version : Ask a motorcycle thief

Kosher
07-10-2013, 01:27 PM
http://rideapart.com/2012/05/ask-a-motorcycle-thief/

I think there's a contradiction tho, between this at the beginning:

Best security: “The most common way of stealing a motorcycle is by lifting it off of the ground and loading into a van. Quick, easy, quiet, once the bike is in the van its invisible, riding it comes with a greater risk of being caught. Plus you don’t even need to know how to ride it. No need to override the ignition. It couldn’t be simpler. We have seen them in the past put a scaffold tube under the front forks and under the back of the bike near the shock and lift it between 4 of them. Even a big sports bike at 200kg is only 50 kg each.”

“For this reason your first priority must be to stop it getting off the ground.

And this at the end:

Ride ‘em or van ‘em? “There is this common misconception that a few guys load bikes into trucks and vans. The people who get CAUGHT load bikes into trucks and vans. Your career will be very short if you’re loading a 185mph rocket (that likely has a tracking system) that will outrun the police into the back of an 85mph van that will take you to the scene of your arrest. If you can’t start the bike and ride off then you damn sure can’t find and remove lojack.”“In 10-15 years I’ve known a couple dozen thieves and only one that was foolish enough to load bikes into a truck or van for any length of time. He learned to wire them after he was caught, twice, lol.”

Bagger Dave
07-10-2013, 01:38 PM
Yep...and as they say...if someone wants it bad enough...they will get it

Gas Man
07-10-2013, 03:05 PM
Yeah that was contridictary...

I just say you need to make yours less easy to steal than the next guy. The thief will take the next one.

junkyardjon
07-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Just like new cars, break the shifter and roll it away. I fix alot of these lol but it beats the one full of bullet holes. One just came in with bullet holes and blood, yah me...

Mudpuppy
07-11-2013, 11:43 AM
vans do more than 85mph - I have personally tested this

Bagger Dave
07-11-2013, 01:00 PM
vans do more than 85mph - I have personally tested this
so do trucks!

Mudpuppy
07-11-2013, 02:59 PM
and my rocket will exceed 185mph as well. maybe I could use it to tow the van so the van can go faster than 85mph too.

how about this as a solution:

Enclosed garage
Full coverage insurance

End of story. They all lived fucking happily ever after.