PDA

View Full Version : Riding home in the rain. No lightweight here!

Ultra AL
06-27-2013, 06:14 PM
Every day, rain or shine, you know it. Pics are proof. Got a little wet, but I just beat the big downpour. Called the wife while on the bike on the way home, but didn't talk to her. Slipped the phone back in my pocket. Just the rumble of the motor on the phone, and she knew to open the garage door for me. We're connected like that. LOL

:rockwoot:

leebo
06-27-2013, 06:57 PM
You are a trooper!

Gas Man
06-27-2013, 08:56 PM
How bad is the bike?

Ultra AL
06-27-2013, 09:05 PM
How bad is the bike?

It's only water. :shrug: She's not the wicked witch or anything.

Moesride
06-27-2013, 09:11 PM
Good on you glide........you'll never need a garage door opener on your bike with your was trained like that. :cool:. I was behind a guy on a SG on north bound 75 today in the Monroe area around 6 and it was storming hard. 75 was backed up big time due to an accident. This guy was soaked.....felt bad for him.

Ultra AL
06-27-2013, 10:27 PM
How bad is the bike?

Besides, I have my best girl on it!

Caveman
06-28-2013, 06:49 AM
It's only water. :shrug: She's not the wicked witch or anything.

YESSIR!!!!! thats what I've always said. Gas doesn't understand, with his last bike he wouldn't even take it out the garage if it was gonna even cloud up at all.

lol

Mudpuppy
06-28-2013, 11:16 AM
only lightweights use rain gear

Ultra AL
06-28-2013, 01:29 PM
only lightweights use rain gear

True that Mud. I went 3/4 of the way without it, then the pelting just started stinging too bad. Maybe I'm a middleweight? LOL

Chain
06-28-2013, 01:40 PM
YESSIR!!!!! thats what I've always said. Gas doesn't understand, with his last bike he wouldn't even take it out the garage if it was gonna even cloud up at all.

lol

Awwwwwww Shheeeeeiiiit!!!!!!!!

Gas Man
06-28-2013, 01:48 PM
Besides, I have my best girl on it!

That's awesome man!

lol

Gas doesn't what foolio? That may have been the case with the big dog but the hog has gotten wet plenty of times. Don't hate on me when I didn't take the bike to work because it was suppose to rain. I didn't have the option to just make it to work and not worry about the ride hom being wet. I had to ride the bike while at work and have to sit on a work site in whatever vehicle I took to work as I didn't have a work truck. It's not apples to apples Mr Homer!

Caveman
06-28-2013, 02:36 PM
Doh!!!

Don't be angy.

Mudpuppy
06-28-2013, 02:39 PM
True that Mud. I went 3/4 of the way without it, then the pelting just started stinging too bad. Maybe I'm a middleweight? LOL

lol.. I'm just hating because I have zero rain gear and I still ride in the rain but I just get wet.

Ultra AL
06-28-2013, 05:18 PM
lol.. I'm just hating because I have zero rain gear and I still ride in the rain but I just get wet.

No rain gear tonight and a 15 mile ride home. Rain is pouring down. I'm gonna get wet! Graduating to heavyweight today! (he says as the thunder cracks loudly)

RedneckMedic
06-28-2013, 06:03 PM
The only part I need to get through a ride in the rain is something over my face then I'm good I don't mind getting wet. Shit the first TWC ride it was like 45 and raining for me and GasMan

Gas Man
06-28-2013, 06:07 PM
Yeah there's not much that is good for that beyond a full face or modular helmet.

Ultra AL
06-28-2013, 06:23 PM
... the first TWC ride it was like 45 and raining for me and GasMan

GasMan rode in the rain???

Fastfem24
06-28-2013, 08:15 PM
We sell garage door openers for your MC at my shop... that is if you don't have a significant other to do it for you! haha

Gas Man
06-29-2013, 12:45 AM
We sell garage door openers for your MC at my shop... that is if you don't have a significant other to do it for you! haha

Or in cave's case. Kids.

And I ride in the rain nearly every big trip. 90% of them have rain at some point.

Bob
06-29-2013, 08:49 AM
Real men drive Minivans!

bombdog
06-29-2013, 12:59 PM
I rode in plenty of rain the last two weeks with and without rain gear. We also just missed by seconds Quarter inch hail. We just made it into a carwash in Spearfish SD when it started.

Gas Man
06-29-2013, 02:42 PM
You went into a carwash to take cover from the hail?

Hawgrider
07-01-2013, 08:47 AM
You went into a carwash to take cover from the hail?Yeah youve never done that? Quarter car wash is quick shelter for nasty weather.

Rotbart
07-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Hope you're ready to ride home in the rain again tonight.

Ultra AL
07-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Hope you're ready to ride home in the rain again tonight.

Indeed I am! LOL It's pouring out right now. I rode in dry, but I'll ride home wet is the way it's looking.

Caveman
07-01-2013, 09:36 PM
I have always had the viewpoint that, as long as I get to work dry, I can ride home in a monsoon (rainstorm, not the TWM member), I gotta shower after I spend 12 hrs in the plant with an average temperature of 95 degrees. Running all over the place, getting swamp ass.

Gas Man
07-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Yeah youve never done that? Quarter car wash is quick shelter for nasty weather.

No I haven't... always went for gas stations...

I have always had the viewpoint that, as long as I get to work dry, I can ride home in a monsoon (rainstorm, not the TWM member), I gotta shower after I spend 12 hrs in the plant with an average temperature of 95 degrees. Running all over the place, getting swamp ass.

Yep, but I never had that option, by having to drive during work.

Hawgrider
07-02-2013, 07:53 AM
No I haven't... always went for gas stations...

Yep, but I never had that option, by having to drive during work.

Problem with gas stations is some station attendants get upset when you try to hang out under the over hang taking up space by the pumps. Quarter car wash is great. You can hang there without getting run out cuz no one washes there car in the rain.

Caveman
07-02-2013, 08:39 AM
Problem with gas stations is some station attendants get upset when you try to hang out under the over hang taking up space by the pumps. Quarter car wash is great. You can hang there without getting run out cuz no one washes there car in the rain.

This be a very true statement

Gas Man
07-02-2013, 11:48 AM
You can hang there without getting run out cuz no one washes there car in the rain.

I think that is the #1 point in the statement.