PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE Yamaha XS-650 Street Tracker **VIDEOS&PHOTOS* Make offer.

JMiller057
06-24-2013, 05:29 PM
Craigslist ad with photos:
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/mcy/3856160310.html

Must sell/trade. 1976 Yamaha XS-650. Rebuilt from the ground up. Asking $5350 OBO, price is negotiable. Make an offer. Possible trades listed below.

Too much to list, watch this video for all the details:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twDdoAfk2Yk

Some things I forgot to say in the video,
-Motor was rebuilt along with the carbs by LaBaron's Powersports.
-This bike does NOT come with blinkers or a license plate mount.
-I never had blinkers on the bike, but everything is wired up and ready to go. I have blinkers if you want them.
-I have a license plate mount that mounted off the axle, but I'm keeping the mount for my fathers bike, so it will not come in the sale.

Here is two more videos of the bike.
First one contains photos and a couple riding shots. Please excuse the mud on the tires, we took the bike out to a field to take photos. Also this was the first time on the bike after the rebuild, so the bike was running a little rich.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbo1vuuqD-E

This second video is a point-of-view ride on the bike around the block. In this video, the carbs are still running a little rich. I'm trying to tune in the carbs as I go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiplXBjszRo

Please E-mail me with any questions. Thanks

Possible trades include:
Any vintage motorcycle, email if not listed.
Yamaha
-Any XS models. 400, 500, 650, 750, 850, 1100.
Honda
-Any CB models. From 100s-1100s
-Nighthawks
-Hawks
-etc.

Quads
-Yamaha Banshee
Vintage Dirtbikes/possibly newer model

Project Cars/Trucks- must be older models
Chevy
-c10
-K30
-Any muscle car
Ford
-Any F-series
-Thunderbird
-Any muscle car
Lincoln Continental
Powerstroke, Cummins, Duramax, diesel trucks from the 90s

Key Words/Tags: Yamaha XS-650, XS, XS650, street tracker, dirt tracker, rebuild, motorcycle, custom, cafe racer, honda, cb, cb750, cb550, built, cb100, cb125, cl, cl125, cl250, cb175, cb350, cb360, cb400, cb450, cb500, cb1000, cb1100, f100, f250, f350, f450, dually,

Gas Man
06-24-2013, 10:39 PM
:welcome: not sure about your first post though...

sprink
06-24-2013, 10:57 PM
Really, you should introduce yourself and share some pics of your bike.

Gas Man
06-24-2013, 10:59 PM
This is not the first time I have seen this! IDK where though...

RedneckMedic
06-24-2013, 11:04 PM
Paint it black and I'll offer you you 10 bucks and a case of high life.

Seriously this is isn't craigslist so post an intro hang out or GTFO

Bagger Dave
06-24-2013, 11:08 PM
Seriously this is isn't craigslist so post an intro hang out or GTFO!

That's whats up!redflip

JMiller057
06-25-2013, 08:21 AM
Haha, you guys are class acts. A friend pointed me out to this site so I looked around read some posts, everyone "seemed" cool, and the posts were all informative or interesting. So I figured I throw my bike up that I got for sale since I got a couple bikes already. So you're gonna hate on me cause I copy & pastes my Craigslist ad in the CLASSIFIED forum and I couldn't find the Craigslist post on here? You guys are too funny. It's even better when the moderator approves a post then hops on his personal account to bash the post he just approved.

Hawgrider
06-25-2013, 08:57 AM
"Asking $5350 OBO, price is negotiable."

Your Freaking kidding me right..... My freaking 97 FLSTC isnt worth that much your a nut! And you talk too much in your video nobody has the attention span long enough to get through your vid. Yeah welcome to reality:wtf:

oh wait I jumped the gun a bit Im sorry...... Now I understand the price of the bike I just watched the cool video with music and the bull dozer. So does the cool vid come with the bike ?:lmao:

WILEY
06-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Haha, you guys are class acts. A friend pointed me out to this site so I looked around read some posts, everyone "seemed" cool, and the posts were all informative or interesting. So I figured I throw my bike up that I got for sale since I got a couple bikes already. So you're gonna hate on me cause I copy & pastes my Craigslist ad in the CLASSIFIED forum and I couldn't find the Craigslist post on here? You guys are too funny. It's even better when the moderator approves a post then hops on his personal account to bash the post he just approved. Its nice for someone to do an intro, rather than start right off trying to sell something. Shows that you want to get involved AND ARE NOT JUST SPAMMING OUT YOUR FOR SALE ITEM IN THE HOPES SOMEONE WILL BITE.

JMiller057
06-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Haha, I really enjoy the haters. I get a kick out of it, I might have to start posting here more often. So for the starters, obviously the price is high and it says 'make an offer'/ 'price is negotiable'. I think you're not comprehending that part. The bikes got almost $7k in it. It's got everything brand new from top to bottom. It's high so I don't waste my time with low ballers that email me everyday asking to take it off my hands for 3 grand. It's high so when someone offers me a little more we can negotiate. And I don't get stuck selling it for 3 grand. As far as the video, if you're not interested in the bike, then you would be a dumbass to watch the entire video. If I was forced to watch a video about your bike, then I would wanna post some dumb shit on here too. But I don't like your 97 what ever it is, so I wouldn't watch the video and I wouldn't comment on your for sale post. If you want rights to the video after you buy the bike, maybe we can work something out. You can sit here and talk shit about how you don't like my bike, but it doesn't matter, cause the key word lies in the previous statement... It's my bike. If you go on metro detroit Craigslist now and look for xs-650s, you'll see that all the nice show bikes are around that 5 grand area. We build our bikes, not buy them. I've never seen more disrespect on this forum than any other forum I've visited. I am a fan of any bike as long as its got 2 wheels and can spot flaws and interests in just about every bike out there, but just because that's what I think doesn't mean that's what the owner/the world wants to hear. Either I compliment on the positive things or just don't say anything at all. It's ironic that a 20 year old kid knows more about respect than a bunch of old ass men. Oh I almost for got, that sweet D6 dozer is for sale too, let me know if your interested.

WILEY
06-25-2013, 09:34 AM
Haha, I really enjoy the haters. I get a kick out of it, I might have to start posting here more often. So for the starters, obviously the price is high and it says 'make an offer'/ 'price is negotiable'. I think you're not comprehending that part. The bikes got almost $7k in it. It's got everything brand new from top to bottom. It's high so I don't waste my time with low ballers that email me everyday asking to take it off my hands for 3 grand. It's high so when someone offers me a little more we can negotiate. And I don't get stuck selling it for 3 grand. As far as the video, if you're not interested in the bike, then you would be a dumbass to watch the entire video. If I was forced to watch a video about your bike, then I would wanna post some dumb shit on here too. But I don't like your 97 what ever it is, so I wouldn't watch the video and I wouldn't comment on your for sale post. If you want rights to the video after you buy the bike, maybe we can work something out. You can sit here and talk shit about how you don't like my bike, but it doesn't matter, cause the key word lies in the previous statement... It's my bike. If you go on metro detroit Craigslist now and look for xs-650s, you'll see that all the nice show bikes are around that 5 grand area. We build our bikes, not buy them. I've never seen more disrespect on this forum than any other forum I've visited. I am a fan of any bike as long as its got 2 wheels and can spot flaws and interests in just about every bike out there, but just because that's what I think doesn't mean that's what the owner/the world wants to hear. Either I compliment on the positive things or just don't say anything at all. It's ironic that a 20 year old kid knows more about respect than a bunch of old ass men. Oh I almost for got, that sweet D6 dozer is for sale too, let me know if your interested.
Hey Gas, how bout shutting this one down???? Its headed nowhere good.

JMiller057
06-25-2013, 09:46 AM
Its nice for someone to do an intro, rather than start right off trying to sell something. Shows that you want to get involved AND ARE NOT JUST SPAMMING OUT YOUR FOR SALE ITEM IN THE HOPES SOMEONE WILL BITE.

I've been looking at the forum for a while, looking for events and reading posts, just never registered. One of your own members came across my bike on craigslist and told me to post the bike here. So I registered then posted the bike for sale because thats what he recommended. Didn't know I had to do an introduction, when all other forums I belong to never asked me to 'introduce' myself to the 'club'. Thats what a forum is for, for people to post stuff.

WILEY
06-25-2013, 09:58 AM
Re-read what I put up. Said "Its nice for someone to do an intro, rather than start right off trying to sell something. Shows that you want to get involved AND ARE NOT JUST SPAMMING OUT YOUR FOR SALE ITEM IN THE HOPES SOMEONE WILL BITE." Didn't say it was required, didn't say this is a club. Your coming off as an arrogant kno it all who is getting wound up tight and ready to throw out insults at the drop of a hat. Some here build there on bikes others don't. Some here race there bikes at the track some don't. You seem angry and ready to throw a big generalized statement to everyone here over there opinion. You said its a forum and that's hat forums a for for people to post stuff. Just like you that's hat others ARE doing is posting stuff, sorry you don't like the content of their posts. If you wish to post and not have anyone respond or comment, I suggest you put out a blog or open your own eb page. Either way, you need to check your attitude.

Caveman
06-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Mr. Miller,

I would say that this forum is very friendly and very welcoming when approached with the same kind of respect thats expected. How would you like if some stranger just came into a group of your friends and didn't know a single one of you and just started throwin out for sale fliers for a bike? Whats usually expected from new peeps if you read the forum welcome thread and rules states post an intro and pics of the bike/bikes you are riding. We aren't a bunch of haters or old ass men here, we are a somewhat critical and opinionated group of wide range aged men and women who have a common interest; bikes. We come here to show what we ride, mods to said rides, questions to problems and solutions to other problems we may have already experienced. We also share ride events, riding experiences and sometimes to the detriment of a post our political / religious view points.
What we request from you is that you don't come on here and start bashing about the criticism you have received since you didn't follow basic forum etiquette. We don't HATE you for it we are just busting your balls a bit out of fun and not trying to be mean. One would say that perhaps you need to have a thick skin so as to not get butt hurt when some one gives you a it of shit for something silly or even stupid that may have said or done. If you don't have a thick skin or are easily offended then I would recommend you leave this forum and join one with the little butterflies and unicorns on it where you sensitive types can hang out and hug and tell each other how great you are and keep everything sunshine and daisies.
Take from this what you will and have a nice day.:mm:

JMiller057
06-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Mr. Miller,

I would say that this forum is very friendly and very welcoming when approached with the same kind of respect thats expected. How would you like if some stranger just came into a group of your friends and didn't know a single one of you and just started throwin out for sale fliers for a bike? Whats usually expected from new peeps if you read the forum welcome thread and rules states post an intro and pics of the bike/bikes you are riding. We aren't a bunch of haters or old ass men here, we are a somewhat critical and opinionated group of wide range aged men and women who have a common interest; bikes. We come here to show what we ride, mods to said rides, questions to problems and solutions to other problems we may have already experienced. We also share ride events, riding experiences and sometimes to the detriment of a post our political / religious view points.
What we request from you is that you don't come on here and start bashing about the criticism you have received since you didn't follow basic forum etiquette. We don't HATE you for it we are just busting your balls a bit out of fun and not trying to be mean. One would say that perhaps you need to have a thick skin so as to not get butt hurt when some one gives you a it of shit for something silly or even stupid that may have said or done. If you don't have a thick skin or are easily offended then I would recommend you leave this forum and join one with the little butterflies and unicorns on it where you sensitive types can hang out and hug and tell each other how great you are and keep everything sunshine and daisies.
Take from this what you will and have a nice day.:mm:

Usually I'm a pretty easy going guy, but when I post my bike because a member of yours tells me to without telling me to 'introduce yourself first' and people saying I'm SPAMMING the site for BITES, it's a little annoying when a quick google search of my username, you can find me on various social networking sites along with only 3 other forums. XS650.com, Powerstroke.org, and Snowmobilefanatics.com. And if you are really outgoing and search further, you'll find that I posted my bike for sale once on XS650.com. Plus minutes after I posted bike for sale on here, the quick responses are from people bashing my bike telling me it isn't worth shit and offering me $6.00? If you got a for sale ad and are trying to build an interest in your bike to the public, would you get annoyed if someone is there telling potential buyers that the bike isn't worth shit?

Hawgrider
06-25-2013, 10:17 AM
"I would say that this forum is very friendly and very welcoming"

Except for me Im a self admitted asshole and truth teller. No 650 Yam is ever worth that much unless it was Steve McQueen's bike LOL . People crack me up!!!!

Caveman
06-25-2013, 10:22 AM
they didn't start spamming your actual for sale sites bashing it. they just started razzing you here cause you didn't follow etiquette. throw up the intro and then throw out the sale bit. we don't care if you are overinflating your sale price but when you join our site you gain friends and if your selling to friends then you tell them your sale price not the OBO price or your dream want to get price. that way you can say ok as is no guaranttees, have a nice day.
We don't usually care to search you out on other sites when you come here and just throw out a "hey, I'm sellin this" and thats it.

Again post an intro and what you ride thread and you may find you get some better more positive replies. otherwise it looks like nothing more than a random sale spam.

Hawgrider
06-25-2013, 10:59 AM
"The bikes got almost $7k in it."

Im sorry...... You could have had a lot of motorcyle for 7k Hope you learned something. You will never re coup that kind of money out of that bike in my opinion. You might as well ride it.

But then again they say a sucker is born everyday so maybe you will find some green kid to spend that kinda of cash for that thing.

Ultra AL
06-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Jmiller,

Why not start over? Go to the Introductions section of the forum, and tell us a little bit about yourself and what you ride. Like Cave said, it is only good forum etiquette. Maybe someone did tell you to join and post the bike here, and ok, that's cool. It's done. Now let's get back to the basics. Or you can just take your ball and go home. Either way, this thread should be over. Nothing good is gonna come out of it.

Mad Dog
06-25-2013, 05:47 PM
Jmiller,

Why not start over? Go to the Introductions section of the forum, and tell us a little bit about yourself and what you ride. Like Cave said, it is only good forum etiquette. Maybe someone did tell you to join and post the bike here, and ok, that's cool. It's done. Now let's get back to the basics. Or you can just take your ball and go home. Either way, this thread should be over. Nothing good is gonna come out of it.
Take it from the old guy in New York, this is a friendly group. We will even give you the reset button to prove it. Hell I even visited once and didn't end up in the Detroit River. :lmao:
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r84/Valueteck/Misc/reset-button_zps45e0ec82.jpg (http://s142.photobucket.com/user/Valueteck/media/Misc/reset-button_zps45e0ec82.jpg.html)

Gas Man
06-26-2013, 12:39 AM
Haha, you guys are class acts. A friend pointed me out to this site so I looked around read some posts, everyone "seemed" cool, and the posts were all informative or interesting. So I figured I throw my bike up that I got for sale since I got a couple bikes already. So you're gonna hate on me cause I copy & pastes my Craigslist ad in the CLASSIFIED forum and I couldn't find the Craigslist post on here? You guys are too funny. It's even better when the moderator approves a post then hops on his personal account to bash the post he just approved.

Moderator? Huh... didn't realize we had any and that I got demoted. Damn.

I approved the post in case it benefited a regular poster on here. We don't know you, you didn't introduce yourself, so if we don't know you and think you were just CL posting on here, I don't care about your sale UNLESS it benefits another member here.

Further, I tend to approve stuff like this that may be sketchy (at times and sometimes not), because 90% of the time these guys are "on the job" in self policing, which is why we don't have moderators here. We simply haven't had the need.

:welcome: not sure about your first post though...

This was bashing? huh...

Jmiller,

SuperGlide is wise beyond his years... oh wait... he isn't a spring chicken but he's not really that old either... damn. We are all screwed. :lol:

Seriously, a nice little intro, and maybe come out and ride with us. I for one would love to see this bike in person. Gotta see what $7k in it looks like in person.

Ultra AL
06-27-2013, 12:30 AM
SuperGlide is wise beyond his years... oh wait... he isn't a spring chicken but he's not really that old either... damn. We are all screwed. :lol:

My grandson told me the other day, as we were playing in the pool, that I could play 'the old man'. Spring chicken, I ain't. For sure.