PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else doing their scheduled routine maintenance?

B-Kinger
04-11-2009, 12:48 PM
I just broke down and ordered a set of 3/8 drive tamper-proof star bits, and a set of Bondhus extra long metric L-handle allen wrenches to work on the bikes with. I was gonna make some, but it turns out that Amazon.com had such good deals on em that it's just not worth my time to make em out of other tools or raw metal I have at work, which is what I frequently do. Anything I can do to save money nowadays. Anyways, I was wondering how everyone else is keepin up on their bikes, but from what I've learned about everyone so far, I gather 90 percent of you are way up on that stuff. Some of what the "big" service manual states as required maintenance seems so trivial, but what the heck, I'll do it all just to be able to say I went through the bikes 100 percent. After all, I wouldn't want our kickstand springs to squeak, how embarrassing would that be? Beautiful day out, the sun is shining, the birds are chirping, we stop for an ice cream on the way back from the WSL, I go to get off my bike and, "RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEKKKK!!!" Oh the horror...

Gas Man
04-11-2009, 07:37 PM
I have no idea how to do anything in the garage.... :D

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BDM/OUCH/Rebuild/Powder009.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/BDM/OUCH/Rebuild/Day15062.jpg

B-Kinger
04-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Yea I heard you can't even screw in a lightbulb. Poor guy.

Berto
04-14-2009, 01:11 PM
I do the standard work myself... Fluids, checks, valves, rejets, tires, chain, lube, brakes etc...

I try to follow the schedule the manufacturer gives... but I have a routine I follow.

Anyway, yeah, Gasman doesn't know how to even turn a wrench...

Gas Man
04-14-2009, 09:15 PM
Yeah I had to do a few things today and it took a service manual, a tech manual, the owners manual, 34 trips to the dealership, a truck, trailer, hauling the bike in, $80 pr hr shop rate, 17hrs straight hours screwin with it, and an act of congress. But dammit, I finnally figured out how to change the radio station on the bike. No more 104.3FM for me!!! :D

B-Kinger
04-15-2009, 08:58 PM
See, yer smart like a fox, playin helpless so helpful citizens come over and lend you some assistance....

Gas Man
04-16-2009, 12:44 AM
Oh and they do come....
If you only seen the pics of the wife in the garage.... hmmmm

Berto
04-16-2009, 01:10 AM
It once took me three hours and the service manual to check my tire pressure, but by God, I did it!