PDA

View Full Version : How NOT to work on your bike!

Moesride
06-17-2013, 09:30 PM
Last night I decide to do my oil, trans and primary oil changes. Easy right.........until I get to putting my derby cover back on. I decide its to hard to take 30 seconds to go in the basement and grab my torque wrench because im a fucking idiot. So long story short, I used a regular wrench and torqued the shit out of my derby cover screw until the backing snapped right off. Why...I don't know!! New cover here I come! So lets here it. What's the dumbest thing you've done while working on your bike that left you thinking why did I do that....

junkyardjon
06-17-2013, 09:56 PM
One of my first was when i was 12 years old. Bike wouldn't start, spent a few hours tearing everything apart and got real pissed off... After i started throw shit and having a fit, my dad asked if i checked the fuel for water.....
Guess what the problem was the whole time... But that's when i learned how to separate fuel for water lol
I have a ton more and will have many more.

RedneckMedic
06-17-2013, 10:32 PM
I snapped the mounting flange for my heavy breather over the winter. Lesson here was don't work on a bike a half of a fifth of jack deep.

Bagger Dave
06-17-2013, 10:49 PM
This was a classic :lmao: first time starting the bike after Wire-Plus install and we forgot to hook up the plugs from the coil!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBEofRl4VXM

Kosher
06-17-2013, 11:13 PM
Dont even get me started. Tank lift on my Heritage was a complete disaster, gas everywhere, and never could lift the tank myself, it wouldnt budge, the rubber neck cushion thing held it back, and I didnt have a 2nd pair of hands.

Also cross-threaded a bolt for the Roland Sands AC I had on that bike too.

Gas Man
06-18-2013, 12:20 AM
WTF moe. You don't need to get all gernsy with it. Little loctite and German method. Just blame the big toe thumbs!!

let me know if you need any other help!!! Trust me man, it's alright to ask me.

Nobody
06-18-2013, 01:52 AM
Just installed a new Ignition module, took 20min to figure out that I wasn't getting power to the coil because the kill switch was on OFF......

leebo
06-18-2013, 03:53 PM
I put stp friction proofing in a old honda.you know the kind with the friction clutch?