PDA

View Full Version : Stats from my 1st two-wheeled commute

Rotbart
06-06-2013, 07:22 AM

Time was actually 1:20. Waited until I got to my work area to take the screen shot. The only bad thing I can say about the ride is I lost my lunchbox. Guess it wasn't as secure as I thought. I learned a lot of things though. For one, I need a bigger bike. For another, mosquito swarms suck. And lastly, so do Michigan roads (course I already knew that one).

Hawgrider
06-06-2013, 07:51 AM
What are we looking at ? and why ? Stats? who cares....... just ride.

RedneckMedic
06-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Do yourself a favor lose the stats lose the speedo don't count time and just ride like hawgrider said. Otherwise it just becomes another way to commute and becomes monotonous and dull. I ride to work a lot and enjoy the ride everywhere i go. Its where i can lose myself and find myself but it never becomes a study or a job and although it is a lifestyle it is one that consumes me but doesnt over burden so lose the stats and the stress and just ride the damn thing like you stole it.

Yes bigger bikes are nice. For the lunch box problem check out mad dogs site and get some rock straps.

Rotbart
06-06-2013, 08:05 AM
You guys are absolutely right. The only reason I checked is because I want to make sure I leave the house in time to get to work on time. Now I know how long it takes, I'll make sure I leave early enough and enjoy the ride! As for the lunchbox, I'm on a diet anyways.

junkyardjon
06-06-2013, 08:58 AM
I keep a watch on my bike at all times, its how i figure out when i need to stop for gas. I also ride mine for transportation...

bombdog
06-06-2013, 09:25 AM
My bike has a clock but more important it has an AIR TEMP gauge so if you are not sure if you are hot or could you can look at it and see. This is very important as you know for sure weather or not to wear a jacket.

Gas Man
06-06-2013, 09:30 AM
What app is that Rotbart?

Bomb... you're funny! We missed you last night...

bombdog
06-06-2013, 09:46 AM
That sucks I spaced it I did not do crap either....

Caveman
06-06-2013, 10:24 AM
well, as for the small bike, I know how ya feel. My first bike was a Yamaha Virago 535. Small, used and cheap, thats why I bought it as a first bike. I loved it but needed more power to haul me and wife around let alone just more power to go on trips as well. Jumped up to a Honda Shadow Sabre 1100, that bike was awesome. Plenty of power, lots to customize it with and was just enough to haul me, the OL and some gear for a trip. Then when I got the new job almost 5 years ago I bought the Electra Glide Ultra. I love my bike and am still having a good time riding it and customizing the crap out of it. Hope to have a big mod season for 2013-14.
As for the stat stuff, don't sweat it just leave with a little extra time so you can take the long way to work and enjoy the ride. then on the way home take the REAAAALLLLY long way home and just enjoy the bike. remember more power isn't always better, it may get you to the speed limit faster but anything faster than the speed limit is gonna get you in trouble, either with a LEO or driving above your skill level. Take your time, enjoy this great new hobby you have found for yourself. Take the riders safety course, will give you lots of great pointers and may save your life or at the very least the pain of having to replace parts on your scoot the got bent, dented or scuffed from layin it down.

Rotbart
06-06-2013, 10:30 AM
The main reason I want a bigger bike is so my knees aren't so close to my chest. Fat guy likes his comfort.

Caveman
06-06-2013, 10:43 AM
The main reason I want a bigger bike is so my knees aren't so close to my chest. Fat guy likes his comfort.

I hear that.

Gas Man
06-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Fat guy likes his comfort.

Quote of the day!

:rofl: :lmao:

junkyardjon
06-06-2013, 11:36 AM
:lmao:

Lrider
06-06-2013, 12:10 PM
What a bummer loosing your lunch, ha ha

For commuting I have a bag that holds my lunch pail, rain gear, and a few other misc things. Sits on the passenger seat.
Works out great.