PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Night Bike Nights

franksfunfarm
06-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Hello - Looking for more places that feature Thursday Night Bike Nights. We go to the one in Richland, MI., at the Blackhawk Bar & Grill, which is good, but we'd like to try some new places in west Michigan. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Kosher
06-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Welcome to TWM, how'd you find us?

I'm sure the west michiganders will chime in...

Gas Man
06-01-2013, 06:17 PM
:welcome:

Kind of a weird into....

TopShelf Scott
06-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Ahhhhhh welcome....

Bagger Dave
06-01-2013, 08:44 PM
:welcome:

Kind of a weird into....

Yeah right! :scratch:
Welcome :cheers:

leebo
06-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Uh hi my name is lee i ride a blue motorcycle i live in oakland county.how are you!

franksfunfarm
06-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Thank you for the reply Kosher - I found this website on Google.

Gas Man
06-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Great to see google working for us.

Mudpuppy
06-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Word of advice - Thursday night stay out of Royal Oak

Kosher
06-03-2013, 02:46 PM

And Wednesday. Buddy of mine got busted for an "unsafe start".

http://keithhu.smugmug.com/Other/Stuff-Bucket/i-9ZLzjRP/0/X3/doc508a2ee942eae799677108%5B1%5D-X3.jpg

Mudpuppy
06-03-2013, 02:51 PM
And Wednesday. Buddy of mine got busted for an "unsafe start".

http://keithhu.smugmug.com/Other/Stuff-Bucket/i-9ZLzjRP/0/X3/doc508a2ee942eae799677108%5B1%5D-X3.jpg

Never been there on Wednesday but I could imagine. You know what bugs me the MOST about Royal Oak? Wednesday cruisers Thursday sportbike. Rodney King just called - can't we all just get along? Have 1 night - pick wednesday or thursday. I like bike nights with more diversity of bikes and people. If you are so narrow minded you can't ride outside the type of bike you have then stay home and fist yourself until you bleed then jump off the roof neck first.

Kosher
06-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Never been there on Wednesday but I could imagine. You know what bugs me the MOST about Royal Oak? Wednesday cruisers Thursday sportbike. Rodney King just called - can't we all just get along? Have 1 night - pick wednesday or thursday. I like bike nights with more diversity of bikes and people. If you are so narrow minded you can't ride outside the type of bike you have then stay home and fist yourself until you bleed then jump off the roof neck first.

I agree. Used to be that both nights were packed with bikes, I think the crowds are smaller now, and it can be combined. But at this point, its about habit. I had been seeing a few sport bikes on Wednesday, but I havent been in a while, the scene isnt as good as it used to be and its too close to my house for a decent ride there/back.

Mudpuppy
06-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Toledo on Wednesday used to be the shit until the rain non-stop fucked it over. Then it became a no go. Hooters got tired of shelling out cash and no one showing. But when it was going there was easy 5,000 bikes there and ALL KINDS and imagine this everyone got along, hung out and had a good fucking time.

Gas Man
06-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Fuck RO bike night.

Wed still is Toledo. But it's elcamino now.

Flexin
06-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Subscribing!

RedneckMedic
06-03-2013, 08:45 PM
I still really enjoy friday nights at gibralter in mt clemens

Mudpuppy
06-04-2013, 12:32 PM
I still really enjoy friday nights at gibralter in mt clemens

Yeah I rode by there this weekend and thought about that. I need to check that out this year.

horrorbusiness
06-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Word of advice, hit up royal oak on Thursday.

Flexin
06-04-2013, 06:11 PM
So, we going for a ride this Thursday?

Gas Man
06-04-2013, 07:49 PM
But where?

Toledo is Wed night and we are going to Mud's Novi thing.

Mudpuppy
06-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Word of advice, hit up royal oak on Thursday.

Are they filming Torque II?

horrorbusiness
06-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Are they filming Torque II?

Like you've never drag raced a busa on a dirt road or jumped onto a moving train.

Hawgrider
06-06-2013, 07:46 AM
Fuck RO bike night.

Wed still is Toledo. But it's elcamino now.Absolutely a Royal Joke. Never never never. Bike nights are mostly a money grab. Id rather ride........... that is why I have a motorcycle right? Not to sit in a hot parking lot or dropping 20's in the bar.

Gas Man
06-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Royal Oak is the Royal Joke or just all?

I'm not a big big bike night fan, but sometimes or a few times...

What I like about it, is we can sit down, have a beverage, BS about bikes or walk around and BS about bikes.

Hawgrider
06-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Royal Oak is the Royal Joke or just all?

I'm not a big big bike night fan, but sometimes or a few times...

What I like about it, is we can sit down, have a beverage, BS about bikes or walk around and BS about bikes.Pet name for Royal Oak (Royal Joke)

Bike nights are ok to stop once and a while to stretch and look at some old iron. I did the bike night thing for a few years and just got burned out on the whole spend money at the host of the bike night inflated drink prices bad service and crowds along with cheapo door prizes and t shirts that don't fit. Did Boomers in Waterford for a while. Did red dog in Milford. Did Mr B's in Waterford. Springfield inn. 59 West in Highland. Then fuck it went cold turkey and don't do any of them. Id rather ride.

Kosher
06-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Most folks here know I like Romeo on Thursdays. Nice ride to it for me, then a normally priced dinner at Youngers or any other place there, and a very nice crowd, good variety of bikes and relaxed scene.

I also like Zukey Lake Tavern but that takes more time for me, I have to start earlier and a lot of traffic until you get past Milford.

Gas Man
06-06-2013, 10:40 AM
Pet name for Royal Oak (Royal Joke)

Bike nights are ok to stop once and a while to stretch and look at some old iron. I did the bike night thing for a few years and just got burned out on the whole spend money at the host of the bike night inflated drink prices bad service and crowds along with cheapo door prizes and t shirts that don't fit. Did Boomers in Waterford for a while. Did red dog in Milford. Did Mr B's in Waterford. Springfield inn. 59 West in Highland. Then fuck it went cold turkey and don't do any of them. Id rather ride.

I call RO that as well and I lived in it for a while. :lol:

I hear ya on that front, but that is why I don't do many of those. The GTC on fridays isn't like that... hell most of it is outside too, only inside is a covered section with no real walls... a pavilion.

The toledo el camino is kinda like that, but there is some nice steel there and the food/drinks aren't priced differently.

Mudpuppy
06-06-2013, 12:56 PM
but it's kick ass to ride 5 minutes to park your park and pose by it showing just how fucking cool you are even though you don't have any clue how to ride (i.e. your wife had to ride your bike up there for you)

Hawgrider
06-06-2013, 03:22 PM
but it's kick ass to ride 5 minutes to park your park and pose by it showing just how fucking cool you are even though you don't have any clue how to ride (i.e. your wife had to ride your bike up there for you)And there it is right there....... I C U and U C ME aint we cool! I love all the leather with no sun fade and still has the folds from the leather shop at least throw you spankin new jacket in the dryer with a boot or leave the damn thing out on the picnic table in the rain and sun for a few weeks LOL

Thruxtonbill
06-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Most folks here know I like Romeo on Thursdays. Nice ride to it for me, then a normally priced dinner at Youngers or any other place there, and a very nice crowd, good variety of bikes and relaxed scene.

I also like Zukey Lake Tavern but that takes more time for me, I have to start earlier and a lot of traffic until you get past Milford.
You going tonight Kosh?

Gas Man
06-06-2013, 04:53 PM
And there it is right there....... I C U and U C ME aint we cool! I love all the leather with no sun fade and still has the folds from the leather shop at least throw you spankin new jacket in the dryer with a boot or leave the damn thing out on the picnic table in the rain and sun for a few weeks LOL

Hold on... my current leather is about 7 years old and it still looks great, due to treating it with Doc Baileys that I bought from Mad Dog... what does that mean? :lol:

Kosher
06-06-2013, 05:05 PM
You going tonight Kosh?

I cant make it, shitty schedule through the weekend.

Hawgrider
06-07-2013, 07:39 AM
Hold on... my current leather is about 7 years old and it still looks great, due to treating it with Doc Baileys that I bought from Mad Dog... what does that mean? :lol:"Looks great" is in the eye of the beholder. Looks great to me is a weathered sun faded rain beatin earned every mile of road abuse beat to snot Leather.
Guess you still look like a newbie:lmao::wink:

Gas Man
06-07-2013, 09:30 AM
If the nice & new look of my leather makes me look like a newb... um.. ok. I don't look much like a "bike" either....

Hawgrider
06-07-2013, 09:41 AM
If the nice & new look of my leather makes me look like a newb... um.. ok. I don't look much like a "bike" either....Well grow a beard then and get some tats:yes:

Gas Man
06-07-2013, 09:55 AM
I have some tats... I do a beard in the winter, just not the summer... and I'm kinda in management now so I gotta keep it clean... the beard won't look that good with my laptop bag and company car. :lol:

Kosher
06-07-2013, 10:05 AM
I have some tats... I do a beard in the winter, just not the summer... and I'm kinda in management now so I gotta keep it clean... the beard won't look that good with my laptop bag and company car. :lol:

http://chrisrising.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/man-in-suit-with-briefcase.jpg

Thruxtonbill
06-07-2013, 10:36 AM
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

BuckHunter
06-07-2013, 10:59 AM
The beard goes with anything anytime of the year!

Gas Man
06-07-2013, 11:24 AM
How did you get a picture of me? :lol:

Kosher
06-07-2013, 12:00 PM
How did you get a picture of me? :lol:

I work in the Obama administration.

Gas Man
06-07-2013, 12:02 PM
I work in the Obama administration.

Yeah... working for the devil...

horrorbusiness
08-09-2013, 08:23 AM
Normally I don't like to bump old threads, but the seat cover wanted to go to royal oak last night. What a f'en mess. I have never seen so many paper plater's doing so much stupid Shit, err poop. Got to keep it pg. If you can't use a clutch stay out of traffic. If I had not had a passenger I would have kicked one of the dip shits over.

Hawgrider
08-09-2013, 09:14 PM
Here's why.....lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mknP9XvHhuM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Gas Man
08-10-2013, 12:44 AM
I quit going to RO bike nights when I got a parking ticket. Never been back for that since.

Mudpuppy
08-12-2013, 01:33 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dM08DIEdNU

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiurdIoYaiOWACHadxXSvOu6COA3GGn 893lNr54vw1PQIttWuS