PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 rides in North America

Kosher
05-28-2013, 07:00 PM
#4 is Tunnel of Trees. How many have you done?

I've done Needles highway, the Tail, the Tunnel, Cherohala Skyway. Man, I've got work to do!

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/north-america/top-10/motorcycle-rides.htm

Caveman
05-28-2013, 10:05 PM
This view is epic;
http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/top-10-motorcycle-rides-6-beartooth-625x450.jpg

Gas Man
05-28-2013, 10:55 PM
I've done all the ones you listed Kosher besides needle highway. And there is seriously missing some roads. Diamondback in NC, and Blood Mountain in GA.

SportstersPaul
05-29-2013, 12:19 AM
Well, 3,4,7 and 8, but would agree that there are lots more just as good out there.

Chain
05-29-2013, 08:15 AM
Needles, Tail, Blue Ridge, Tunnel, and Cherohala.... rode right past Blood MT (didn't know about it), Gas, but we did Diamond Back, Moonshiners 28, Six Gap and Devils Triangle (that pretty neat) last year when we were down there. And when we came back north from Tenn, we came up through the Virginia's, wasn't too far from RT 50, The George Washington Highway. Dang...

Won't be back in them areas for a while, been there a few times. Time for a change, next year were planning on a possible 15 day trip to California, via Rt 66. Though we carry everywhere, so we wont be going into CA, and we'll skip IL part of Rt66. F them! ;)

To many rides, and too much work, I need to get me one of them free life rides... ;)

Gas Man
05-29-2013, 09:09 AM
Oh right... devils triangle.. did that one. I have those stickers in my saddlebag... great rodes there. Funny thing was, we were staying off the skyway and made a "wrong" turn and found the triangle and diamondback.... BY ACCIDENT no less! Awesome rodes! We didn't even know they had "names" till we stopped at some store for booze & beers. It was great!

bombdog
05-29-2013, 09:36 AM
I will be doing the needles in a few weeks and may just come back Via UP and do the tunnel of trees. I did do the Dragon and the skyway and a few others in TN and NC.

RedneckMedic
05-29-2013, 09:42 AM
Best part about the tunnel since its more of just enjoying the view at a nice slow pace is legs inn when you get done.

Gas Man
05-29-2013, 09:45 AM
Heck yeah Medic

Kosher
05-29-2013, 10:04 AM
Best part about the tunnel since its more of just enjoying the view at a nice slow pace is legs inn when you get done.

Heck yeah Medic

I guess its true with most rides (especially extreme twisties), but your experience on the Tunnel is directly related to traffic. Its a drag when you have a lot of cars cutting in, long groups of bikes (of questionable skillz). I'd go during the week, if at all possible.

I've had some very frustrating "runs" down the Tunnel. And at least one harrowing ride during a torrential thunderstorm. At dusk. With a tinted visor. That fogged up.

I was lucky when I did the Tail and Cherohala, I started at the Tail at about 945AM on a Monday - FTW!

Chain
05-30-2013, 10:00 AM
Oh right... devils triangle.. did that one. I have those stickers in my saddlebag... great rodes there. Funny thing was, we were staying off the skyway and made a "wrong" turn and found the triangle and diamondback.... BY ACCIDENT no less! Awesome rodes! We didn't even know they had "names" till we stopped at some store for booze & beers. It was great!

Lucky you! The second time the wife and I went down, we rode 1550 miles once we got down there, only cause we didn't plan on going back for a few years, (other rides to hit) so we planned out our rides... obviously we missed some... all the more reason to return.

That's NO lie! We usually hit legs first, as we always hit it coming back from the UP. I always get the Polish bloody marry! MMMM.

http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/qq274/bigdogfatty/307884_252756268088942_6694776_n.jpg

Hawgrider
05-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Leggs- Yeah my favorite is the smoked whitefish and perogi's topped of with a few polish beers. The tunnel is Michigan tightest curves ........ but between the traffic, driveways and crude in the corners its no race track.

Caveman
05-30-2013, 01:43 PM
that Polish Bloody Mary looks like pureed poop in a cup

Mudpuppy
06-04-2013, 02:22 PM
what about hocking hills?