PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Chris!

Kosher
05-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Chris got that new job. Congratulations, Chris!

He's now a 9-5 man!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_dH0q9hvpVHg/Smm4Bch2eQI/AAAAAAAADd8/N4go4Ubq51s/s400/desk+job.jpg

Thruxtonbill
05-01-2013, 04:09 PM
9 to 5, damn, that's like a real job. No more fucking off at night.

leebo
05-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Dang he got my job!

Mad Dog
05-01-2013, 04:40 PM
That's the same job he had before.

Gas Man
05-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Yes thanks gents...

I put in for a promotion about 4 weeks or so ago. Did a bunch of prepping, and studying for the interview. Had my 1st interview a few weeks ago... nailed it! Got a second interview last week, did good. Got the call today from my new boss. M-F day job, mostly desk work with field travel. It's a completely new position within the company (same company I work for now and have for 14years), and I will be cross covering 2 districts... from Pittsburgh to St Louis, all of Michigan & Ohio. I'm leaving my small asset team and be part of the district team.

I'm pretty pumped, excited, scared, nervous, excited, oh my... the full roller coaster of emotions. I have a great deal of ties and history at my current job. My father retired from the same location and job I'm at now. I sit in the exact piece of furniture he did for the last 20 years of his job. Granted the job is different, more complex, and covers more, but nevertheless, the same place. I was raised from a kid at the company I work for. I started as summer help right out of high school and worked my way up. 14 years steady without EVER calling off sick.

My emotions are really kinda crazy right now on the whole deal. Hopefully, I will make dad proud looking down on me.

TopShelf Scott
05-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Yep....way to go buddy....

RedneckMedic
05-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Congrats man! now you have no excuse to miss TWC

Thruxtonbill
05-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Hopefully, I will make dad proud looking down on me.

He already is my friend.

Bagger Dave
05-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Congrats Man!! :rockwoot: a little drinky to celebrate! :beers:
best of luck on your new position....

TopShelf Scott
05-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Congrats Man!! :rockwoot: a little drinky to celebrate! :beers:
best of luck on your new position....
Ya I think I had a few for him....lol

cutter
05-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Congrats - I'm sure your passion for all of the things I've seen you do transfers into your work as well and it was well deserved.

Mad Dog
05-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Congrats Chris, that's great news. Will you actually have to sleep at home now?

Bagger Dave
05-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Ya I think I had a few for him....lol

:lmao::chug:ya think?! Lmfao!

Kosher
05-01-2013, 08:12 PM
I think its time to change your handle to "Desk Man", woot! :)

But here's another potential benefit - could you ride to the places you have to go in your territory?

05chop
05-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Yeah Like Wyoming LOL Congrates Gasman

Gas Man
05-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Thanks Gents.

You're right medic. Trust me I was thinking about TWC.

No riding to locations because company provided car. So now the wife and I have to re evaluate the car situation at home.

Pigpen
05-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Congrats buddy! And I'm sure your dad is proud as hell !

Kosher
05-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Thanks Gents.

You're right medic. Trust me I was thinking about TWC.

No riding to locations because company provided car. So now the wife and I have to re evaluate the car situation at home.

Sell the car, buy a freakin S&S 124 or a Jims 131 for the bike and throw a huge wing-ding with the rest.

Yes, you can see I also provide financial advisory services.

Gas Man
05-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Yeah I'm sure the company would love that. LOL

Thanks John.

sprink
05-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Good for you Chris! All that hard work paid off.

Gas Man
05-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Congrats Chris, that's great news. Will you actually have to sleep at home now?

This is actually another great part... let's hope it doesn't lead us to divorce. :lol:

Kosher
05-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Yeah I'm sure the company would love that. LOL

Thanks John.

I meant your extra car now that you have a company car

Gas Man
05-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Oh right... I will probably get rid of both cars, get the wife a fancy new one, then get me a cheap one.

Mudpuppy
05-01-2013, 10:34 PM
dood glad to hear.. good things happen to good people.. best of luck in your new gig.. that's pretty fucking cool how you are working same place / job as your dad..

junkyardjon
05-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Congrats

Gas Man
05-01-2013, 11:15 PM
dood glad to hear.. good things happen to good people.. best of luck in your new gig.. that's pretty fucking cool how you are working same place / job as your dad..
Yeah I think it's pretty cool. And with this promotion I have been able to succeed over even where he stopped his career. The benefit to the company is my 14 years of service with 20-25 in front of me is a hell of a return on the investment from me to the company. Same company I have been with entire time you've known me mud. I like the heritage of it all.

Mudpuppy
05-01-2013, 11:30 PM
Yeah I think it's pretty cool. And with this promotion I have been able to succeed over even where he stopped his career. The benefit to the company is my 14 years of service with 20-25 in front of me is a hell of a return on the investment from me to the company. Same company I have been with entire time you've known me mud. I like the heritage of it all.

yeah that is pretty bad ass. I am looking to make some moves myself. kind of forcing the issue in that direction. I do aiight for a poor white boy but I'm a little hungry and there is opportunity atm. so I am going for it. carpe fucking diem.

Moesride
05-02-2013, 07:07 AM
That's great Chris. Your a young guy man, doing very well for yourself.......:dthumb:

Gas Man
05-02-2013, 08:04 AM
yeah that is pretty bad ass. I am looking to make some moves myself. kind of forcing the issue in that direction. I do aiight for a poor white boy but I'm a little hungry and there is opportunity atm. so I am going for it. carpe fucking diem.

Do it man.

That's great Chris. Your a young guy man, doing very well for yourself.......:dthumb:

Thanks. I have worked my ass off for everything I have. Working long, stupid hours and all times of the day. Giving more dedication to my work than most anybody I know.

bombdog
05-02-2013, 09:14 AM
Congrats Chris thats great! Thats a great work ethic you got!!!! I have gone at least 18 years with no sick days other than blown out knees and dog bite that happened at work.

BuckHunter
05-02-2013, 10:23 AM

ATM= Ass to Mouth??? Sounds like a great opportunity. LMAO Seriously though Chris congrats you definitely deserve it! I know your dad is proud of you now and always has been. Mud good luck on the job search. I'm looking to make a move myself.

Mudpuppy
05-02-2013, 02:00 PM
not job searching I am empire building my current job.. too much work to look for another job

Gas Man
05-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Congrats Chris thats great! Thats a great work ethic you got!!!! I have gone at least 18 years with no sick days other than blown out knees and dog bite that happened at work.

Yeah I came to work in the morning after spending the night in the hospital with kidney stone... I think when I first got there I may have had some morphine affect still.

Thanks Hunter!