PDA

View Full Version : LED gauge mod

Caveman
04-30-2013, 01:37 PM
Ok, I know we are now using www.gaugeledmods.com (http://www.gaugeledmod.com) for the gauge mod as a vendor.
But what I want to know is, how difficult is it really to do??? I have experience soldering on IC boards and I have some basic know how on disassembling the fairing. But I'm not sure how hard it would be to rip into the gauge itself. Or where to get the LED's.
If anyone has any info let me know where I can take a look.

:shrug::?:

bombdog
04-30-2013, 02:14 PM
I can not help you with the LEDS as I know little about them but I can tell you COVER YOUR FRONT FENDER BEFORE YOU TAKE OFF YOUR FAIRING!!!!! Sorry did not mean to yell......

Kosher
04-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Cave, if you're not careful you might have a bunch of folks here sending you their gauges, LOL

Caveman
04-30-2013, 02:36 PM
I can not help you with the LEDS as I know little about them but I can tell you COVER YOUR FRONT FENDER BEFORE YOU TAKE OFF YOUR FAIRING!!!!! Sorry did not mean to yell......

No offense taken.... Don't worry, I have been in that position before as well. I just got lucky that I caught the fairing first. however, the best part was that it wasn't my bike. sound familiar Al Hall? :lmao:

Cave, if you're not careful you might have a bunch of folks here sending you their gauges, LOL

I wouldn't have a problem doin that. if it were forum folks and they came over with beer I would be more than happy to help them out with the soldering......before the beer for best results.:boobies:

Kosher
04-30-2013, 02:42 PM
I wouldn't have a problem doin that. if it were forum folks and they came over with beer I would be more than happy to help them out with the soldering......before the beer for best results.:boobies:

Like Chris likes to say "aint my bike!" :)

Gas Man
04-30-2013, 09:12 PM
Well Cave... find out where to get the LEDs, but you may be able to get them from superbrightleds.com and try it on yours.

Or... maybe you can talk RJ out of his old KMH speedo he has laying in his garage... work on that one. It's an idea...

Caveman
05-01-2013, 10:26 AM
KMH? is that like a stock HD one? if not how does it compare. and if I Eff it up will he make me pay for it? :didntdo::wtfru:

Gas Man
05-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Sorry, KPH

Kilometers Per Hour

It's off a swapped bike he had that was from canada. I switched it over to MPH and he sold it here in the states.

So I'm just saying... maybe he'll let you practice.

Caveman
05-02-2013, 09:18 AM
well, if its a stock HD just in KPH that would be ideal. Just need to find the little LED's and break out the fine touch soldering iron.

RedneckMedic
05-02-2013, 12:34 PM
From what I'm told is its the needle light thats the hardest.

RedneckMedic
05-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Probably similar to this

5KKTzH1yGx4

Gas Man
05-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Cave... hit RJ up about it.

Caveman
05-03-2013, 07:14 AM
will do