PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, long time, been away busy working, and working on my truck.

fatmanracing
04-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Hey guys, just checking in, I have not had much time to get on here!

I've been working on my propane powered rat-rod truck, and got engaged last fall.

Just have not had time to ride much, and I've posted my bike up here for sale as right now, its just not in the cards to have a bike...

Anyhow, hopefully I can find some time to browse this forum again, as you are a great group, thats for sure...

But hey, if you know anyone looking for an extremely low mileage 2008 B-king, send them my way please!

Gas Man
04-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Yeah saw the FS thread... sucks man.

Put up some pics of your other projects.... yes the truck and bride! :D

Mudpuppy
04-04-2013, 02:17 PM
dump the chick keep the bike

fatmanracing
04-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Heh, its not about that, just need to go another direction right now, I plan on getting another bike, just not right away,
Gotta pay the bills first...

We had to buy another car to replace a dying/dead one so... the bike doesn't get ridden much with my work schedule, and I just have to part with it!

I think you would like it Mudpuppy :eightball6:

cutter
04-07-2013, 12:58 PM
I have to admit that I would really love to have a B-King to ride... I just can't add a 3rd to my stable right now.
Good Luck with all...

Mudpuppy
04-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Heh, its not about that, just need to go another direction right now, I plan on getting another bike, just not right away,
Gotta pay the bills first...

We had to buy another car to replace a dying/dead one so... the bike doesn't get ridden much with my work schedule, and I just have to part with it!

I think you would like it Mudpuppy :eightball6:

I have a hard and fast rule I live by (well a couple):

1. NEVER sell a bike until the replacement is in your possession - I have pictures to prove I live by this philosphy
2. The chick goes long before the bike

The whole buy a bike later thing NEVER works - roof leaks, car brakes go bad, hot water heater breaks, condom has a hole in it, etc. etc. etc. Too many variables. Once you go without a bike accept life without 2 wheels and just buy a rocking chair so when you are old you can look back and reflect on how you fucked up selling your one and only bike and now you are too old and fucked up to ride anymore so you basically wasted your entire life.

Ride your bike to work. Ride it to buy milk. Ride it wherever. Make time. That is all there is to it. Time is a weak excuse.

Mark my words - you will be sorry.

Signed,

A biker just trying to help based on life experiences of a lot of other former bikers who sold their one and only bike

fatmanracing
04-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Well, right now, it makes financial sense... I have a toy in the truck right now.
Eventually I'll get another bike, either one to build after the truck, or a new one.

Mudpuppy
04-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Well, right now, it makes financial sense... I have a toy in the truck right now.
Eventually I'll get another bike, either one to build after the truck, or a new one.

Sounds good on paper. Will never happen. Sell the truck. Keep the bike. Walk to work if you have to. But whatever floats your boat. If you need some crying towels in a few years just let us know and we will send some and MAYBE just maybe if you are extra nice with sugar on top we will let you look at our bikes and watch us ride.

fatmanracing
04-13-2013, 08:50 AM
I'm not sure why your stance is as it is, and you are entitled to your opinion but damn man give me a break =)
I've been looking at bikes, lots of cool stuff out there, but bills have to be paid down/off first before I can move on anything bike related.
90% of my free time is put toward building this truck, and getting it road worthy, its not worth a thing if it doesn't run and drive.

Gas Man
04-13-2013, 10:32 AM
Oh don't mind Mud.. he's unstable and not recommended to bring home to anybody let alone mom. He's the guy your mom warned you about.. he's the guy that sits alone at lunch time mumbling to himself. Yeah he's that guy. :lol:

Bagger Dave
04-13-2013, 10:42 AM
Oh don't mind Mud.. he's unstable and not recommended to bring home to anybody let alone mom. He's the guy your mom warned you about.. he's the guy that sits alone at lunch time mumbling to himself. Yeah he's that guy. :lol:

Mud is just a little different....Moe said he talks to the trees and shit also! :lmao:

Gas Man
04-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Moe and Mud are best bud homies for life?