PDA

View Full Version : Buy your ammo when and where you can find it

telecast
03-15-2013, 08:54 AM
Was down at the shop last night. Some of you know there's a rumor going around that the Department of Homeland Security has purchased over 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition. For what purpose, no one knows.

Well, it's not a rumor. His ammunition supply is low, very low, and he can't get much in. He will only sell you ammo if you buy a gun, otherwise he'd have nothing for his customers, and then it's limited to 1 or 2 boxes depending on caliber. He said he spoke with one of his distributors and they told him the following:

Federal has stopped taking orders from distributors.
They typically run 1/3 of their annual production for the government, 1/3 for law enforcement, and 1/3 for the consumer.
They could close their doors right now and run the factory for the next four years on the orders they have from the government.

If that doesn't scare you, it should.

RedneckMedic
03-15-2013, 09:34 AM
I'm not having a problem getting it. Tele are you only down there on the weekends. Going to be down sometime soon looking for something for the girlfriend.

telecast
03-15-2013, 10:17 AM
Then your lucky. Some of the calibers like .40 Smith and .38 special aren't too bad, but others are getting rare.

I think I'm going back tomorrow to scavenge what reloading components I can find for M-1. If you come, be prepared to buy. Shit doesn't last anymore. His gun counters, which hold about 75 guns per, have about a dozen guns each in them. No .380's at all, a few 9's, 40's, a halfway decent selection of 1911's and variants. Only a handful of revolvers.

I've seen people say they'll think about it overnight and there's a guy standing behind them drooling over the same gun. As soon as they walk away, he buys it. People who come in and want to 'think about it' lose out. He gets shipments daily (when the distributors have something to ship) and the stuff is gone when it hits the shelf. That's not a sales pitch, he doesn't care at this point if someone buys or not, it's just the facts. He'd be happy to see it go back to the way it was!

Mudpuppy
03-15-2013, 12:24 PM
stay calm and reload

no need to panic. I got what I need until this artificial shortage passes over. I don't need target practice I am that god damn good.

bombdog
03-15-2013, 12:32 PM
stay calm and reload

no need to panic. I got what I need until this artificial shortage passes over. I don't need target practice I am that god damn good.
X 2 I am stocked

Mudpuppy
03-15-2013, 12:36 PM
it's all a scam motherfuckers.. do NOT panic.. do not pay outrageous prices for ammo..

telecast
03-15-2013, 01:30 PM
And this is based on what information? The stuff I posted is straight from the horse's mouth, not an email from a friend's son who has a brother that knows someone who works at a carwash that overheard two guys, etc etc.

Who is pulling the scam, the ammo companies?

Gas Man
03-15-2013, 04:35 PM
it's all a scam motherfuckers.. do NOT panic.. do not pay outrageous prices for ammo..

This!! I'm waiting it out... bad side, is I won't do much range time due to it.

Mudpuppy
03-15-2013, 05:16 PM
And this is based on what information? The stuff I posted is straight from the horse's mouth, not an email from a friend's son who has a brother that knows someone who works at a carwash that overheard two guys, etc etc.

Who is pulling the scam, the ammo companies?

I have no idea who is behind it but it is the same that happened when Barry-o-merica was elected in 08 - everyone panicked end of the world blah blah blah. Then 2 years later the ammo and guns were right back. Just like they will be this time. Don't over pay for ammo, etc. is all I am saying. Get what you need and leave it at that. Stockpiling will just make you a target if shit does hit the fan and if shit does hit the fan even if you do stockpile in most cases it won't do you any good when an MRAP runs your fucking head over in the street..

telecast
03-16-2013, 09:01 AM
I have no idea who is behind it but it is the same that happened when Barry-o-merica was elected in 08 - everyone panicked end of the world blah blah blah. Then 2 years later the ammo and guns were right back. Just like they will be this time. Don't over pay for ammo, etc. is all I am saying. Get what you need and leave it at that. Stockpiling will just make you a target if shit does hit the fan and if shit does hit the fan even if you do stockpile in most cases it won't do you any good when an MRAP runs your fucking head over in the street..

When barry was elected the first time, the government bought a lot of bullets. Same as this time, only it's worse because of all the other rhetoric.

And all that is fine for you guys that don't shoot much. Me? I'm going to have to forego my pistol leagues and a lot of other shooting. Right now it looks like the only thing I can shoot reasonably is shotgun, so I'll probably shoot a lot of trap this summer. I have components enough to load .45ACP and .30 Carbine, so those will see some time, but not as much as normal. I can only load about 1,000 of each, hardly enough for a good summer.

We had two couples come in Thursday. Both were scheduled to take thir CPL class this weekend at Top Gun. Problem is, Top Gun had no ammo to sell them. Fortunately three of them needed .38sp, and one needed .45ACP. We had enough .38 to sell them some and still have some in stock, but the guy had to beg to get 2 boxes of .45.

I'm not saying rush out and buy up all the ammo. I'm saying to get it when and where you can. If you see some, pick up a couple boxes.

RedneckMedic
03-16-2013, 10:48 AM
I recently got 300 of 9 in the mail and keep picking up 45 when I see it.