PDA

View Full Version : 3/21-22 (Weekend Ride)

meinschaft
03-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Anyone planning to ride this weekend? I'm wondering if we might get a group together???? Saturday is looking like it might be the better day.

detdrbuzzard
03-19-2009, 12:33 PM
i'll be at costco saturday morning with my sister and doing fence repair at mom's sunday

Twisted
03-19-2009, 12:42 PM
We are actually kid free this weekend, so I'm hoping we get some ride time in, weather is looking decent. Gotta find out what else we may have going on first.

Thruxtonbill
03-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Pick the best day and let me know when and where, I'm in.

detdrbuzzard
03-19-2009, 04:38 PM
sunday would be doable for me. i'll go to costco and mom's saturday and that will leave sunday open. hopefully the wing starts up

Twisted
03-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Anything definite yet about a ride? And where? Mike's son has a game Saturday at 1:00,I think, in Pontiac, but Sunday I'm sure we are free all day so far. So depending on the time and where, we could do either day.

meinschaft
03-20-2009, 12:22 PM
If all goes as planned, I might ride both days.

Saturday, I'm figuring on meeting around 1:30, like Berto & I did last week. This allows things to warm up a bit (temperature-wise). We left from Northville last Saturday, but I'm flexible if anyone suggests another location for a starting-off point. The advantage of a Northville start is that we are in the country on nice roads in 2 minutes. The downside is that many of you are on the East side.

Berto, Chris & Ms. GasMan - you plan on joining us?

Twisted
03-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Ima guessing we won't make that ride then because of the soccer game. Maybe another on Sunday?

meinschaft
03-20-2009, 01:15 PM
:(

Twisted
03-20-2009, 01:57 PM
ohhhh don't make a :( face, maybe we can make it, could we maybe go a little later? We might be able then to go straight from the game. I gotta talk to Mike too, see whats going on. He's uber busy at work right now.

meinschaft
03-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Monica,

I have more flexibility than you & Mike; it's easier for me to change my plans. Also, Mike's got my cell # if you want to talk later or tomorrow.

B-Kinger
03-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Yea I'm HOPING that Monica and I can maybe ride out to my boy's 1 o'clock game, which is at Ultimate Soccer Arena near Opdyke Rd and M59 in Pontiac, then ride out to where ever from there. Unless she doesn't go with me there and her and I meet somewhere afterwards. I sure hope it's nice out! It'd be great to finally do some riding together.

Gas Man
03-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Well I just got all my new parts in today so tomry I'll be hopefully installing them...

detdrbuzzard
03-20-2009, 08:33 PM
i'm going to biker bob's tomorrow with bettyboop and my other neice ( blue 2153 ) to get her sportster out of storage

Gas Man
03-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Good idea... did you guys call it in?

B-Kinger
03-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Dang Buzz, you're a VIP now!!! ;D I hope the wing and her sportster fire up for ya. It's still pretty cold out right now, as expected, so I'll post around noon before I or we take off for the game in Pontiac. Dunno what our plans are specifically yet, but we do plan on getting as much riding in as allowable, both today and Sunday. If it's not over 40 degrees by noon today, my warm ass will be planted in a car till later.

B-Kinger
03-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Well today's out. Snowing. :(

detdrbuzzard
03-22-2009, 01:21 AM
how about that b-king, i'm a vip ( and a hero too ) now or just maybe i talk too much ;D

detdrbuzzard
03-23-2009, 09:46 AM
well i got all excited about going for a ride yesterday. woke up about 6 and started getting all my riding gear together and took the battery off the charger. called over to my neighbors about 9 and the line was busy ( she lets me keep the bikes in her garage for the winter ). called back at 10, line still busy. called again at 10:30, still busy ( must have dialup for the puter ;D ). once more at eleven, no luck line still busy. i take the van and go visit my mom for a few hours and make it home about two, you guessed it neighbors line is still busy so i go ring the door bell and no answer. after ringing the door bell for the third time and getting ready to go home my other neighbor said to me "what you do? forget she is out of town this weekend? ;D

Thruxtonbill
03-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Does she not know you a VIP? :D

B-Kinger
03-23-2009, 10:50 AM
We barely rode this wknd. Disappointing. :( Oh well, soon enough.

meinschaft
03-23-2009, 12:34 PM
I waited until about 2 p.m.; by then the thermometer had reached a balmy 51 degrees. Not able to delay any longer, I suited-up and did an abbreviated WSL (West Side Loop), swinging down through Ann Arbor. The ride out, heading west, was nice with the sun in my face. Heading home was a different story - it got a bit chilly (high 40s?). But it was all worth it and the bike runs like a banshee with the cold, oxygen-rich air.

Mike/B-Kinger & Monica - Sorry I missed your call.