PDA

View Full Version : Early morning ride today

Ultra AL
03-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Took an early morning ride on the Harley from my shop in Woodhaven out to Milan for breakfast at the "Famous" Milan Coney Island. I did Open Carry my XD(m) .45 the entire time.

No problems, no concerns. Had a guy talk to me in the parking lot at the coney island. Asked if I ever got hassled riding the motorcycle and OC'ing. Told him I am a new biker, and have only OC'd a handful of times on the Super Glide, but that I haven't had a single issue.

This was my longest ride to date. I picked up the Super Glide in December, and managed to put almost 600 miles on it over the winter. I am looking forward to riding in warm weather though!!!

All in all, I had a great 61 mile ride, a good breakfast, and got it all done before 10 am. The downside, I have to work the rest of the day...

Bagger Dave
03-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Cool man! glad ya got to get out :dthumb:

Kosher
03-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Followed by an extremely long hot shower, I would hope.

Ultra AL
03-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Followed by an extremely long hot shower, I would hope.

Haha! You know it. I have a shower at the shop for days like these!

RedneckMedic
03-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Sounds like a good day. When it gets warm out those early morning breakfast rides are a lot of fun. Especially early summer when you leave wearing your leather and its a little foggy out and get wear a light jacket on the way home in bright warm sunshine.

bombdog
03-07-2013, 02:40 PM
Glad you got out for a ride I have got about the same on my bike since Dec. Sat will be 13 straight months of riding.

Oh Boy I cant wait for the weekend to go for a ride....

Gas Man
03-07-2013, 02:44 PM
That's awesome man!! Way to get out.