PDA

View Full Version : Surprise! Paul wants to go for a ride!

sprink
03-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Got a call around 1pm. Paul wants to know if I'll be home in an hour or so.....Algonac to Ferndale......

So I head out to chip the last 10 feet of ice in front of the garage and pull the Sporty out of storage. Still waiting for the header for the Buell to get coated.

Checked the tire pressure and added 5 psi to each end. Not bad for four months.

Short ride to only place I could think of by name to meet up with Randy.
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/sprink_photos/2013-03-06151704_zps112541be.jpg

Hasn't rained in a long time and I don't think Paul ever washes this bike.
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/sprink_photos/2013-03-06151744_zps6b2fa40a.jpg

Place was a little too nice for my standards so we met Randy across the street at Kerby's.
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/sprink_photos/2013-03-06153502_zpscdcf12e2.jpg

Randy's bike made mine look dirty.

Bagger Dave
03-06-2013, 07:20 PM
sweet! :dthumb:
yeah...I was checking out the roads here....way too much salt on them yet for me to go out...I'm going to wait until we get that rain to wash the salt off the roads...
It was a nice day for it...I had the garage door open and a buddy stopped by for a few beers

Gas Man
03-06-2013, 07:59 PM
Very nice!!

Moose Preserve is real nice... been there a few times. Use to go there every year before Arts Beats & Eats till they moved that.

Kosher
03-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Nice, fellas! I might have to take the afternoon off on Friday and burn some hydrocarbons.

sprink
03-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Nice, fellas! I might have to take the afternoon off on Friday and burn some hydrocarbons.

Let me know. I might be able to join you again.

Gas Man
03-06-2013, 11:26 PM
Paul is living the dream boys.

bombdog
03-07-2013, 02:04 PM
I am in for a Saturday ride!!!

SportstersPaul
03-08-2013, 12:28 AM
Friday could be good but as Randy pointed out to me passing through Utica, my license plate tag has disappeared! Going back to Sec. of State in the morning for another one. We do have a run into Canada Saturday if any one is interested. Oh, and I have found that the mud protects my ride from the salt, so there! Reminds me of the old saying" Some polish, some ride". Thanks for sharing some road again Greg!

Mudpuppy
03-08-2013, 11:03 AM
awesome.. I am with teabagger dave - no riding for me until the salt is gone.. can't undo the damage the salt does to every crevice of the bike. I keep asking Chris to ride his bike and I think this week he might cave - he says to me STOP FUCKING CALLING AND ASK TO RIDE MY BIKE SHIT STAIN - I think that was a maybe?

bombdog
03-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Friday could be good but as Randy pointed out to me passing through Utica, my license plate tag has disappeared! Going back to Sec. of State in the morning for another one. We do have a run into Canada Saturday if any one is interested. Oh, and I have found that the mud protects my ride from the salt, so there! Reminds me of the old saying" Some polish, some ride". Thanks for sharing some road again Greg!

I thought I posted this This morning? Any Details Where in Canada And when?

SportstersPaul
03-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Sorry, Bombdog, just caught your inquiry, and just got back from across the river. Randy and I crossed over this morning, 8:30 ferry to Walpole Island, (for those that have never done this you can't believe how incredibly laid back and relaxed it is), screw the hassles and mega delays at the Blue Water and Ambassador bridges. Met John in Wallaceburg, (he ran up from Windsor and was picking up another set of bars for his Sportster. A stop at "Timmies" for coffee and Margo shows up with her S.O. Departed and headed for a rendezvous with Mike, (from London) at the family restaurant in Beechwood. That would be south of Thamesville between the 401 overpass and Ridgewood. You can actually see the place from the 401. Had an excellent meal, chatted and headed back to our respective destinations. Mike headed for London, John, Randy and I went north to Thamesville the ran west to Chatam where John continued on to Windsor and Randy and I came back to the States via Wallaceburg. A little better than a hundred miles, a good day.

Mudpuppy
03-11-2013, 01:02 PM
wapole is the way to go for sure