PDA

View Full Version : Find myself spending less time here

Thruxtonbill
02-26-2013, 08:59 AM
Why? Seems like us non HD riders are few and far in between on 2wheel, no hate, just stating a fact. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't care what you ride. I just can't relate to most of the threads or, honestly, have no interest.
So let me pose a question, how many of you HD owners have owned another brand? Would you own another brand?
I have had the chance to ride a fatboy and a road king, to be truthful, I don't get it, brakes were piss poor, slow as slow gets. Not bad for the highway but I tend to stay off those anyway.
I'm noy trying to start shit here, I promise, I'm just bored.

Kosher
02-26-2013, 09:19 AM
To me TWM is about a community of Michigan riders, but I can certainly see your point.

I've really only owned Harleys, but I like to do long trips. If all I wanted to do was jet around town, then I might consider something else. I like a bit of acceleration but to me the appeal is not about raw speed or knee dragging its about independence, trips, and stories. (I'll be doing trips this summer to Boyne (via Milwaukee), Atlanta (work+pleasure), and Sturgis again this year)

Cant we all just get along? :)

I've tried to recruit Michigan riders from the other general HD forums I'm on, maybe you could get more sport bikes here by doing same? Truly a sincere suggestion.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/sprink_photos/2013-02-13123119_zpscdf2a9e7.jpg

Thruxtonbill
02-26-2013, 09:37 AM
maybe you could get more sport bikes here by doing same? Truly a sincere suggestion.

Well I don't consider myself a sportbike rider, I do ride a air cooled twin after all. The other thing is I mostly ride by myself, don't attend many bike nights and have very few friends who ride.

Bagger Dave
02-26-2013, 10:03 AM
To me TWM is about a community of Michigan riders, but I can certainly see your point.

Exactly! :dthumb:

Everyone has a different opinion or reason why they ride a certain bike....and like ya said Bill...I don't care what ya ride...I have always been like that!

I had my Big Dog K-9 chopper for 5 years

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x59/davessleeve/Bike%20pics/P1010113.jpg

but alot of my friends had them....then everyone was getting rid of their BD's and getting into the HD Touring bikes because they wanted to start doing trips on a bike....
I did the same...I have always wanted to start taking trips on a bike and could never really go a real long distance because I never had any place to put anything!....so the end of last Oct....I traded in my BD for a 2011 HD Ultra Limited...
I have rode a few of my friends Harleys and even my Dads Harley...I like the HD's ...
my HD runs good...but its no BD....
I already had the hot rod and every place I stopped..to either get gas or bike nights....I always had people come up to me and talk to me about my Chop....that didn't bother me at all...I didn't buy my bike to have the fastest bike...I could care less how fast or how much power your bike has...I bought my bike to cruise and enjoy the ride...but to each their own...some people really spend the $$$ on serious engine mod's...everyone has a different way of making their bike their own..
I also have rode a few other cruisers...never rode a crotch rocket...
I am looking forward to riding season this year... now, most of my friends have Harleys...some still have their BD's....but as long as your on 2 wheels...enjoy the ride...

2011 HD Ultra Limited

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x59/davessleeve/2011%20Harley%20Davidson%20Ultra%20Limited%20FLHTK/2011HarleyDavidsonUltraLimited084_zps7f0c174a.jpg

Gas Man
02-26-2013, 10:32 AM
I started out on a Ninja 500, then to a Ninja 9R, then to the Big Dog chopper, and my 2nd bike (aka wife's) a 07 Sportster 883 low, which turned me towards the HD fully. Then I went from the big dog & the little sporty to the 2009 Ultra & Nightster 1200.

I had no issues with my bikes of the past. Certainly they had their own issues and had left me stranded a few times, but whatever. I like the fit & finish of my newer HDs. I'm kinda glad that I didn't get to HD's till 07. By then they have gotten past most of their ignorantly stupid shit.

I work on many brands and I will stand tall on the HD stuff. It goes together well and is TONS easier to work on. The aftermarket, support, and dealership network is 2nd to none!! I love that I'm never that far from a dealer when I'm on a road trip, and that you will always find folks willing to help out. There is a comrodery with the brand that is bigger than any Ford/Chevy/Dodge bond. When I'm riding the Ultra, it has a true feeling that it was designed by people that "get it" and ride themselves. BUt the bike is also still raw enough to have some soul in it, but the big dog had more soul. Soul is kind of rider POV on the bike's flaws. There is always a balance with things in life. You can't pump too much power out of a motor before you start sacrificing reliability. You can engineer the soul right out of a bike, and it will loose it's character. But much like everything in life, balance is hard to do.

That being said, the one thing that has drawn me to this site from many years ago, and long before I owned it... is the diversity. I love Bill's thruxton and would own it if I could. I love bikes, 200% of the time. While I prefer my HD, I prefer diversity in my bike groups... it's the spice of life. I just wish my wife agreed with me on the same theory in the bedroom, there is nothing wrong with a blonde and a redhead to share with me in the bedroom, but that is a different forum. LOL

I get sick of hearing all HD comments when we are shootin the shit around the steeds in some parking lot. I want to see Buzzards goldwing, and Bill's thruxton, and Leebo's triumph. I love the new (old style) CB1000 and would totally buy one if finance weren't a thing, well and if I thought I had more time to ride. But that is what I love about this site. The local feeling and the diversity in the bikes. I do try to promote those exact things and think we do it better than any other site I've been on, and I'm not just saying that cause I own it now. I wouldn't own it, if I didn't think it was that good and worth saving.

Hawgrider
02-26-2013, 10:46 AM
I ride a Harley because rice is for a side dish:lmao:

Gas Man
02-26-2013, 10:51 AM
Why? Seems like us non HD riders are few and far in between on 2wheel, no hate, just stating a fact. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't care what you ride. I just can't relate to most of the threads or, honestly, have no interest.
So let me pose a question, how many of you HD owners have owned another brand? Would you own another brand?
I have had the chance to ride a fatboy and a road king, to be truthful, I don't get it, brakes were piss poor, slow as slow gets. Not bad for the highway but I tend to stay off those anyway.

Oh and as far as not enough non-hd here. Are you on other forums? Do you try to get those guys on there, that live in Michigan, to come over here?

As an HD rider, I relate to you, cause I've been there on a go fast bike. Heck I still relate with Mud on a sportbike.

What is there to not relate to? You don't want to do long ride there trips? You don't want to do short sunday morning runs through the backroads, grab a bite to eat and head home? What is the non-relating?

Thruxtonbill
02-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Oh and as far as not enough non-hd here. Are you on other forums? Do you try to get those guys on there, that live in Michigan, to come over here?

As an HD rider, I relate to you, cause I've been there on a go fast bike. Heck I still relate with Mud on a sportbike.

What is there to not relate to? You don't want to do long ride there trips? You don't want to do short sunday morning runs through the backroads, grab a bite to eat and head home? What is the non-relating?

Answer to your first question....yes but I'm not gonna beg them.

2nd question.... relax, I didn't say I was breaking up with you.:lmao:

Thruxtonbill
02-26-2013, 11:27 AM
I just wish my wife agreed with me on the same theory in the bedroom, there is nothing wrong with a blonde and a redhead to share with me in the bedroom, but that is a different forum. LOL

You scared me for a second, though I was on the wrong forum.

Thruxtonbill
02-26-2013, 11:30 AM
I ride a Harley because rice is for a side dish:lmao:

I know you're being funny but you do realize that some of those tiny little fingers are building your parts as well right?

Hawgrider
02-26-2013, 12:15 PM
I know you're being funny but you do realize that some of those tiny little fingers are building your parts as well right?Yeah my 97 Flstc has a piece of crap Sowa front end on it. It has shit electronics from Japan and even the battery terminal nut is a freaking 10 mm But it as American as I can get without riding a Polaris snowmocycle (Victory) I also Drive when forced to drive a cage Chevy truck. I will not eat green eggs and rice I will not will not eat green eggs and rice. Old School forever.

Gas Man
02-26-2013, 01:01 PM
Answer to your first question....yes but I'm not gonna beg them.

2nd question.... relax, I didn't say I was breaking up with you.:lmao:

I hear ya on not begging. Was just curious...

Whew... glad you aren't. I can't take another one! :lol:

You scared me for a second, though I was on the wrong forum.

Perhaps a new forum section? :D

Yeah my 97 Flstc has a piece of crap Sowa front end on it. It has shit electronics from Japan and even the battery terminal nut is a freaking 10 mm But it as American as I can get without riding a Polaris snowmocycle (Victory) I also Drive when forced to drive a cage Chevy truck. I will not eat green eggs and rice I will not will not eat green eggs and rice. Old School forever.

May be the quote of the day!

RedneckMedic
02-26-2013, 01:25 PM
I love all kinds of bike and when I get the chance I ride them. I like most others on here prefer the aspect of long rides or trips thats why I'm on a touring bike. I had a honda cruiser before this and I have ridden many sport bikes but I'm just not as comfortable on them for any longer than an hour. I do plan on adding a sport bike to the stable within the next couple years and one of my all time favorite styles it the chopped old school 750 hondas and such which is why I get so excited to see junkyard at a bike event.

I think there is a diverse group on here already hell we even had one guy posting all about scooters for a while. I by no means read every thread on here and use the mark forums read button a lot to clean it up. I think your biggest issue it that since most of the harley guys take advantage of the big aftermarket out there more and want brag/post about it. The other thing is if you look at who is really active on here and look at post count the one that start the most threads is the harley riders. Especially gas because he is trying to keep the forum going but he owns two Harley's so can you blame him for that. I would love to have more sportbike and standard riders but most of those riders are younger and don't frequent forums as often either.

Anyways bill I hope you stay because that bike of yours is way to sexy and I can't wait to see what color it will be next year haha:jerry:

leebo
02-26-2013, 04:46 PM
I LIKE MOTORCYCLES............I really like my trump but I like harleys also...The big ones wont fit in my shed...The little ones hurt my cahones...I was @ vehicle city in flint this weekend lookin @ bikes.Hey then it feels like summer I sat on the honda nc700 but couldnt get off the seat was too high.Hey not as limber as I used to be.Sat on the judge I REALLY like that bike when i hit the lotto look out.This weekend going to rockys.(got my vacation ck).

Mad Dog
02-26-2013, 04:49 PM
I ride a HD because it's all all I have.
Was looking at adding a Street Tripple about 5 years ago before the economy took a crap.
Can only afford 1 so it's an HD.

Thruxtonbill
02-26-2013, 05:24 PM
Anyways bill I hope you stay because that bike of yours is way to sexy and I can't wait to see what color it will be next year haha:jerry:

I ain't goin anywhere bro, you guys need me, without me this group would have to depend on the puppy for charisma, I can't do it to ya.

Did you say color change? Funny you should say that.......

WILEY
02-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Owned and ridden a number of different brands.

I like bikes and can appreciate all of them.

Going fast just doesnt interest me much anymore. Have drag raaced cars and motorycles, been to track days, riddden off road. These days I like touring, and fooling with my old bikes. Thats enough for me.

Others should do as they wish.

I will say, I hear more about Harley byass remarks from non-Harley riders than anyone else.

Folks have a perception of Harleys caused by alot of the Poser idiots who are trying to be what they are not. Real bikers dont care so much about other peoples opinions.

GaugeMods
02-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Harley's slow huh? You do relize that Harley's are the fastest bikes in the world, Right? More world records are owned by Harley's than any other manufacture, period.
It's unfortunate that you were not able to test drive a 100+HP Harley they are a blast.

You wouldn't want to meet up against my Harley at the light, all I can say is don't miss a shift it'll look real ugly then.

GaugeMods
02-26-2013, 07:06 PM
And if that isn't enough to get your willy hard listen to this. My bike not nick named BadBagger08 just by chance:
103" SE 11:1 pistons, SE 110 heads ported polished, bronze guides, roller rockers, TMan 662-2 cams(that's .660 lift), Drago's BikeWorkes Header, Se Heavy Breather. Home made Nitrous system.
Renagade 21" Yukon w/matching rotors, Wrap Fender, Arlen Ness deep cut Hot Legs, Lowered 2" front 1" rear. paint and stripping by Heavy Metals of Wyoming, MI
It's like a small block Chevy with 2 cylinders :-)
Your looking at a bike that should run in the 10's and weighs 1100lbs with me on it.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=132318136946606&set=vb.100005052607962 &type=2&theater

Kosher
02-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Woa. Lets not get into this fellas, play nice. :)

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29997676.jpg

leebo
02-26-2013, 08:09 PM
Uh! Well said.

Hawgrider
02-26-2013, 08:14 PM
Hee he he Well there is some life out here after all! Who's not playing nice? Must be called that when a person/persons don't hear what they want to hear.:blowup::pc:

WILEY
02-26-2013, 08:21 PM
And if that isn't enough to get your willy hard listen to this. My bike not nick named BadBagger08 just by chance:
103" SE 11:1 pistons, SE 110 heads ported polished, bronze guides, roller rockers, TMan 662-2 cams(that's .660 lift), Drago's BikeWorkes Header, Se Heavy Breather. Home made Nitrous system.
Renagade 21" Yukon w/matching rotors, Wrap Fender, Arlen Ness deep cut Hot Legs, Lowered 2" front 1" rear. paint and stripping by Heavy Metals of Wyoming, MI
It's like a small block Chevy with 2 cylinders :-)
Your looking at a bike that should run in the 10's and weighs 1100lbs with me on it.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=132318136946606&set=vb.100005052607962 &type=2&theater

bring it on out to Ubly this summer.

It might be fast, but dont think 10s are in the cards.

Remo
02-26-2013, 08:51 PM

I don't ride a Harley, I ride an R1. I just don't post much because school has been keeping me too busy lately :moto: But you're not alone, once riding season arrives I will try and post up more pictures and what not. I have a set of A&R race baffles that my buddy and I are suppose to be installing on my bike sometime this spring (or when it finally warms up), I will try and post up a review thread about them as well. I am also looking to pick up a project bike of some sort to fix and sell, so if I get one there will be a thread about that too, which will eventually make its way into the for sale section.

GaugeMods
02-26-2013, 09:14 PM
I'm willing to bet she'll cut a 10.99 or less. I mocked my bike up after Clark Hemricks 7.1 in the 1/8 mile Bagger. here is a link watch some of his video's he trips the 60ft light with the rear tire. By the way Clark is termly ill with cancer. here is a link to Clarks web site http://www.hemrickperformance.com/Pages/default.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPK3MsIy10Y&list=UUyr65x0NGXd7rt3PtlKe6_w& feature=player_detailpage

Thruxtonbill
02-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Will someone turn that down.

Thruxtonbill
02-26-2013, 09:27 PM
IED planted in thread, set to go off soon.

leebo
02-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Wow!!!

junkyardjon
02-26-2013, 10:32 PM
thrux, i know where your coming from but it's more about everybody here. i love to ride / build and that's all that's to it. that's why i can have a kick ass bike for under $500 LOL. i really don't fit in anywhere but i enjoy this site and the people. the people i met on this site have been cool and that's all that matter's. i really don't care what they ride.

me, i'm a die hard SOHC cb750 riding mofo !! some people just don't get it because they are brand loyal to a company i can't stand (don't take it personal, it's not you, it's the company) but i'd ride with any of them. i ride all make's of bike's and i try my best to post pic's just to give a little something for everybody. some people have harley tattoo's, i have a couple cb750 tattoo's !!

junkyardjon
02-26-2013, 10:40 PM
ubly?.... i'll be there august 24 &25 for the bike drags. i'm building another bike that should run in the 10's and will be built for around $500. that's frame and all, out the door. big bore sohc cb750 with nitrous

Gas Man
02-26-2013, 11:31 PM
Yeah I think rugby brings up a good point. The aftermarket is so much larger for the HD, that there is simply more to talk about.

Wiley also brings up a good point. It seems like more non-HD riders have more an issue with HD riders than HD riders have with non-HD riders.

There always seems to be a "thing" with too many HD riders. LIke the HD riders have to say, "oh please come ride with us, don't mind the 10 Harleys." :lol:

Gas Man
02-26-2013, 11:37 PM
I don't ride a Harley, I ride an R1. I just don't post much because school has been keeping me too busy lately :moto: But you're not alone, once riding season arrives I will try and post up more pictures and what not. I have a set of A&R race baffles that my buddy and I are suppose to be installing on my bike sometime this spring (or when it finally warms up), I will try and post up a review thread about them as well. I am also looking to pick up a project bike of some sort to fix and sell, so if I get one there will be a thread about that too, which will eventually make its way into the for sale section.

I think riding season will help too! right now it's all just talk about bikes... when the weather breaks we can all agree on "RIDING"!!!!

deep purple
02-27-2013, 07:19 AM
I never call myself a biker, I prefer motorcyclist. I have owned everything from a BMW to a Zundapp. You see I love motorcycles. I often prefer taking my little CT90 to the store instead of the Streetglide its so light an agile and with its milk crate can carry as much cargo. I always dug on the right side shift and left side brake of my Bultaco Pursang, what a bike it was. I once bought a Hodaka Roadtoad just for the name and then realized what a fun well built little bike it was. I could go on and on but I will not bore all of you with the great memories motorcycling has given me over the years.

detdrbuzzard
02-27-2013, 08:23 AM
my choices in what i ride is limited by my injury but riding a goldwing ain't all bad

detdrbuzzard
02-27-2013, 08:26 AM
my choices in what i ride is limited by my injury but riding a goldwing ain't all bad. some build their bikes to make them what the want, thats fine with me. its yours, do as you please. there is probally something about my wing you don't like but its just the way i want it and its american made, both of them

ABI
02-27-2013, 08:40 AM
Like most have already posted, who cares what you ride just as long as you're riding. I've had all kind of bikes, 30+ and have liked them all. Some better than others but never hated any. I ride with several different groups of people from sportbike crowds to HD loyalists. If they don't like what I ride I don't care. Most of my bikes I've put 100's of hours into so I don't even look at my bike as built by a certain brand, I've probably put more time into it than anyone else. I don't really like the brand loyalist either. Anyone like that seems very narrow minded, life is to short to be stuck on one kind of bike.

WILEY
02-27-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm willing to bet she'll cut a 10.99 or less. I mocked my bike up after Clark Hemricks 7.1 in the 1/8 mile Bagger. here is a link watch some of his video's he trips the 60ft light with the rear tire. By the way Clark is termly ill with cancer. here is a link to Clarks web site http://www.hemrickperformance.com/Pages/default.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPK3MsIy10Y&list=UUyr65x0NGXd7rt3PtlKe6_w& feature=player_detailpage

What did the bike run at the track before you did the work to it????

Dont bet on what you think it might do, or how someone elses runs.

there are a bunch of folks out there who think they have a 11 second street car or a 10 second bike.

I have had both and have beaten alot of guys who thought what they had was faster than what it actually was.

take it to the track, then talk about what it runs.

GaugeMods
02-27-2013, 11:44 AM
What did the bike run at the track before you did the work to it????

Dont bet on what you think it might do, or how someone elses runs.

there are a bunch of folks out there who think they have a 11 second street car or a 10 second bike.

I have had both and have beaten alot of guys who thought what they had was faster than what it actually was.

take it to the track, then talk about what it runs.

Well said Wiley :dthumb:

And back on topic, I really only want to ride with a group of Harley's. That wind up sound from the Jap bikes reminds me of the Pig commercial "weeeeeee, weeeee, weeeeee" "weeeeeee, "weeeeeee, weeeeeeee" LMao

Hey don't get me wrong if your broke down on the side of the road I'll pull over see if you got a cell phone, but your not getting a ride on back from me. It's 2 different worlds, 2 different cultures, you Jap riders will snuggle up like 2 peas in a pea pod on the back of one. Never see to guy's on a Harley. Oh if your old lady is there I wouldn't leave her stranded there, we'll meet ya at the bar down the road when you get it running agian.

RedneckMedic
02-27-2013, 11:58 AM
I could go on and on but I will not bore all of you with the great memories motorcycling has given me over the years.

You could always start your own thread and add some pictures I would read it. Or post about it in the "Number of bikes you've owned thread."

Thruxtonbill
02-27-2013, 12:25 PM
Well said Wiley :dthumb:

And back on topic, I really only want to ride with a group of Harley's. That wind up sound from the Jap bikes reminds me of the Pig commercial "weeeeeee, weeeee, weeeeee" "weeeeeee, "weeeeeee, weeeeeeee" LMao

Hey don't get me wrong if your broke down on the side of the road I'll pull over see if you got a cell phone, but your not getting a ride on back from me. It's 2 different worlds, 2 different cultures, you Jap riders will snuggle up like 2 peas in a pea pod on the back of one. Never see to guy's on a Harley. Oh if your old lady is there I wouldn't leave her stranded there, we'll meet ya at the bar down the road when you get it running agian.

This is your attempt at being funny right?

GaugeMods
02-27-2013, 12:41 PM
This is your attempt at being funny right?

No not really if you run out of gas, I'll go get some for you, but your going to have to wait there with your bike. No nuts are rubbing on my back. Mater of fact I quit giving my GF's son rides when he turned 13. It's two different worlds, cultures.

Thruxtonbill
02-27-2013, 01:08 PM
Wasn't really referring to that part. The whole point of this forum, atleast what I've thought in the past 5 years I've been here is that those bias that you speak to is what we don't want here.

One more thing, if you look closely, you'll find we are more alike then you know

GaugeMods
02-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Wasn't really referring to that part. The whole point of this forum, atleast what I've thought in the past 5 years I've been here is that those bias that you speak to is what we don't want here.

One more thing, if you look closely, you'll find we are more alike then you know

It's alright bro I said I'd pull over and see if you had a cell phone, if not I'll let you use mine to make a call. If I got some tools on me I'll even help try and get your bike running.

And that's not me or my bike in that photo, don't misinterpret "we with ME", there's just something wrong seeing 2 guy's on a Harley.

Thruxtonbill
02-27-2013, 01:46 PM
Never see to guy's on a Harley.

:shrug:

Kosher
02-27-2013, 02:13 PM
How about those Tigers!?! :)

leebo
02-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Yea could go all the way!

horrorbusiness
02-27-2013, 03:18 PM
That's the last time I do a search for "nuts on my back".
I will ride anything with wheels. I'm just as happy riding a spree as I am riding my super whip bad ass fatboy. I don't care what brand rides next to me.

leebo
02-27-2013, 03:46 PM
Exactumundo!

WILEY
02-27-2013, 05:51 PM
No not really if you run out of gas, I'll go get some for you, but your going to have to wait there with your bike. No nuts are rubbing on my back. Mater of fact I quit giving my GF's son rides when he turned 13. It's two different worlds, cultures.

dunno how long you been riding or who you have been around, but here is some free advise

1. Dont call people Bro.
2. Quit trying so hard.

You might be a great guy, but to me your coming off as a poser.

Thruxtonbill
02-27-2013, 06:49 PM
I'll go back to my original post, I asked a question, well maybe two, Have you or would you own a non HD motorcycle? I guess the guage guy got in a twist when I said the HDs I've ridden were slow, then proceeded to tell me that it was to bad I've never ridden a 100+ HP harley because they're the fastest bikes on the planet. The rest of what he said truthfully was a blur becase it reminded me of some guy at a bike night who wanted his story to top eveyone elses. Didn't even want to tell the guy that I've been on 165 HP bikes out of the box and I wasn't buying any of what he was saying.

This post was never intended to go this way and that's the honest truth. Most of you guys have been my internet friends for more then awhile, so you know damn well I ain't trying make enemies. If any one of you needed a tool, a ride, my trailer or a hand, I'll do whatever I could.

Guagmods.... Our forum is small in numbers but aside from Friendly barbs, we're all very respectful of each other.
You being new here, are certianly welcome and we're glad to have ya, but I don't know you yet and so far I don't want to. I hope you change my mind.

Kosher
02-27-2013, 07:13 PM
I would, sure. But I only get one, and again, my thing is long trips. And I need taller bars - thats the thing that gets me, truthfully, about other bikes - 90% look like you're leaning forward, even the BMW touring bikes, and the adventure/touring bikes. I just dont get how you do long trips with that posture.

And I would skip all the Harley copies/look alikes - whats the point?

But I have nothing against anyone's choices, to me, they are all two wheels and a motor.. All good.

junkyardjon
02-27-2013, 07:56 PM
i'm really thinking of buying the honda PCX i rode for awhile last summer, it just kicked ass !!! no lie, i enjoyed it and it's a killer little scoot. that sucker handled the corner's sweet as hell

WILEY
02-27-2013, 08:13 PM
I only wish that I had the money and space to keep every bike I have ever owned.

Kinda why i go to different bike events to see what shows up.

Stockbridge is a great one for that. Where else are you going to see Harleys, Indians, 3 or 4 Honda CBX, Zundapps, Velocettes, Kenny Roberts Kawasakis, Ducatis, BMW, BSA,Yamaha FJ1100,1200 and the list goes on.

sprink
02-27-2013, 09:01 PM
I owned three Hondas before I bought my Sportster. I love my sporty, but wanted a little more "sport" so I went looking for vintage (80's) jap sport bikes. I stumbled upon my Buell and bought it. Love it. I am too old for a modern Jap sport bike. I am proud of my "american sportbike" , but I ride with anyone.

I have also been the only harley on several rides.

Moesride
02-27-2013, 09:28 PM
Hahaha....shit, this is good. Where've I been..........Bill, owned two Hondas, a chopper then the HD. I'm not partial to any brand. If I like a certain bike and I'm in the market for one, doesn't matter what brand it is I'll buy it. I ride with anyone or any style bike. Camaraderie man!..... who gives a fuck what you ride!

Gas Man
02-27-2013, 10:57 PM
I never call myself a biker, I prefer motorcyclist. I have owned everything from a BMW to a Zundapp. You see I love motorcycles. I often prefer taking my little CT90 to the store instead of the Streetglide its so light an agile and with its milk crate can carry as much cargo. I always dug on the right side shift and left side brake of my Bultaco Pursang, what a bike it was. I once bought a Hodaka Roadtoad just for the name and then realized what a fun well built little bike it was. I could go on and on but I will not bore all of you with the great memories motorcycling has given me over the years.

I'm with rugby on this... start up a thread and let us know. if you will type it, I'm sure many would love to read it. Seriously.

my choices in what i ride is limited by my injury but riding a goldwing ain't all bad. some build their bikes to make them what the want, thats fine with me. its yours, do as you please. there is probally something about my wing you don't like but its just the way i want it and its american made, both of them

I've seen em and got no issues. I'll just try and not ride in front of you after eating a bunch of onions. :cheers:

American made? Really, where?

I only wish that I had the money and space to keep every bike I have ever owned.

Kinda why i go to different bike events to see what shows up.

Stockbridge is a great one for that. Where else are you going to see Harleys, Indians, 3 or 4 Honda CBX, Zundapps, Velocettes, Kenny Roberts Kawasakis, Ducatis, BMW, BSA,Yamaha FJ1100,1200 and the list goes on.

So true. I wish I could have kept my sportbike, if I didn't think it would have got me killed. I always refer to those days as "I'm glad and blessed to have survived." I wish I could have kept the chop and still had the Ultra, but $$ stopped that.

And i too love the stockbridge show. It's like metal fap material.

junkyardjon
02-27-2013, 11:29 PM
ohio is where goldwing's were made.

if harley can say american this and that, so can the goldwing rider's !!

Gas Man
02-27-2013, 11:59 PM
Cool. Didn't know that.

detdrbuzzard
02-28-2013, 01:21 PM
ohio is where goldwing's were made.

if harley can say american this and that, so can the goldwing rider's !!

from 1980 ontil 2010 wings were made in ohio, the first bike off the line in ohio was a cr250 elsnore

yoohoo
02-28-2013, 03:46 PM
The new bagger wings rule.

Gas Man
02-28-2013, 04:56 PM
from 1980 ontil 2010 wings were made in ohio, the first bike off the line in ohio was a cr250 elsnore

What happened to them in 2010? Where did production go?

Kosher
02-28-2013, 05:02 PM
What happened to them in 2010? Where did production go?

They were always also made in Japan of course as well, it just went all to Japan, I think.

detdrbuzzard
02-28-2013, 07:02 PM
They were always also made in Japan of course as well, it just went all to Japan, I think.

no thats wrong kosher, honda moved all goldwing production to ohio in '80 and the last to roll of the ohio line were the 2010's. there was no 2011 wing cause production was moved back to japan and ohio changed over to producing cars so none of the goldwing employees were let go they just went into car production

Kosher
02-28-2013, 07:06 PM
no thats wrong kosher, honda moved all goldwing production to ohio in '80 and the last to roll of the ohio line were the 2010's. there was no 2011 wing cause production was moved back to japan and ohio changed over to producing cars so none of the goldwing employees were let go they just went into car production

I stand corrected, thanks!

Moesride
02-28-2013, 07:17 PM
Not 100% sure on this but I think the Goldwings and the VTXs were both coming out of the same plant in Marysville Ohio. Like buzz stated, they turned the plant into auto production.

Gas Man
02-28-2013, 08:18 PM
That's some interesting info there that I didn't know.

RedneckMedic
02-28-2013, 10:57 PM
I think I was told my shadow was assembled in ohio as well

detdrbuzzard
03-04-2013, 09:03 AM
the shadows and vtx were and are all assembled in japan

Mudpuppy
03-04-2013, 01:43 PM
you are so (motherfucking) beautiful to meHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thruxtonbill
03-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Wondered when you were gonna show up.

Mudpuppy
03-04-2013, 03:56 PM
sorry been slacking (busy with nonsensical bullshit like fucking work)..

Gas Man
03-04-2013, 07:26 PM
And he was out of town on vacay as well.

Mudpuppy
03-05-2013, 11:44 AM
this is a true statement.. burning up in the sun in florida..2065