PDA

View Full Version : Toss Those Wheel Weights!

Mad Dog
02-23-2013, 12:07 PM
Dyna Beads give you longer tire life and a smoother ride.
Ever wonder if your tires are still balanced 1/2 way through the tread life?
Chances are they are not.
Dyna Beads re-balance your tires every time you ride!
Simple at home installation.

Dyna Beads For All Makes (http://www.valueteckenterprises.com/dynabeads.html)

Gas Man
02-24-2013, 12:31 AM
Been a fan and user for YEARS!!

SportstersPaul
02-25-2013, 12:55 AM
I'll second that. Close to 100,000 on my last ones.

Gas Man
02-25-2013, 09:49 AM
You must be going on the re-use program?

GaugeMods
02-27-2013, 01:53 PM
I hate to say this but Dyna Beads are snake oil. Really go ask someone that balances tires for a living. They would not bring my 21" in, only wheel weights would do the job. The tire man just laughed.
Really think about the physics of whats going on. the tire spins the dyna beads spin up the tire. the tire is unbalanced and that part spins all the way around what makes you think the dyna beads are going to the unbalanced part of the tire?

but if you believe, than that's all that matters. I believe in God but never meet him yet ether.

Mad Dog
02-27-2013, 05:47 PM
Everyone has an opinion but I can line up many satisfied customers that have extensive mechanical backgrounds and hundreds of other satisfied customers as well.

Maybe they did not satisfy you for whatever reason but to bash a vendors product isn't a way to make friends on a forum.

What type of mechanical background does your so called tire man have?????

ABI
02-27-2013, 05:57 PM
I've been using something similar in my 35" truck tires and they work great. No vibes at any reasonable speed. I will be using them in my next set of bike tires as well.

"the tire man just laughed". Well no shit he doesn't want anyone doing there own balancing because he'll lose business.

GaugeMods
02-27-2013, 06:28 PM
I road the bike with Dyna Beads and it bounced, hopped up and down the road. I started out with 1oz in then added 2 then 3 and then 4oz of dyna beads it would not balance/smooth out. Only adding some ugly ass wheel weights balanced my wheel 21" Renagade and tire. I'm not Bashing you, Unless you produce the dyna beads. It's my opinion that they are "SNAKE OIL" if you have had good luck with them keep on using them and use them in your next set of tires.

By the way I used them in my stock wheels and tires and they worked fine. Opinions are like Aholes every1's got one, and I'm very opinionated.

Peace and ride on.

leebo
02-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Just got mine last week so will update wen the ice melts off my road.during the annual checkup for my bike the service report stated that the front tire was out of balance. so I figured now was a good time to use the Dynabeads I bought couple years ago put them in this morning and went out for a ride it does seem to ride a bit smoother and a little less vibration. so far so good.I will be buying more.

GaugeMods
02-27-2013, 07:06 PM
You know I think they probably work for the majority of people, But when you get that severely out of balanced wheel and tire it just wouldn't do.

If you think I wasn't saying a prayer with every 0z that I added that it would bring my tire into balance your wrong. I didn't want to hang some ugly ass wheel weights on my 2000.00 wheel and rotors. Even the best looking wheel weights look like shit. I even tried having the Mechanic mount the wheel weights inside the rim but they fell off. He should have JB welded them on.

Mad Dog
02-27-2013, 07:25 PM
But you are bashing me as I sell them here on this and other forums and my reputation is everything to me.
Referring to them as Snake Oil does 3 things.
1. Cause someone that might benefit from them not to buy them
2. Cost Me Sales
3. Proves you don't know what you are talking about.

I have sold many kits to guys that have 21 inch front wheels and they all are satisfied.
Might I suggest you have a problem with your wheel or tire and you should start bashing who ever made them.
I have opinions also and mine of you right now is not good! :no:

I road the bike with Dyna Beads and it bounced, hopped up and down the road. I started out with 1oz in then added 2 then 3 and then 4oz of dyna beads it would not balance/smooth out. Only adding some ugly ass wheel weights balanced my wheel 21" Renagade and tire. I'm not Bashing you, Unless you produce the dyna beads. It's my opinion that they are "SNAKE OIL" if you have had good luck with them keep on using them and use them in your next set of tires.

By the way I used them in my stock wheels and tires and they worked fine. Opinions are like Aholes every1's got one, and I'm very opinionated.

Peace and ride on.

GaugeMods
02-27-2013, 07:56 PM
So prove me wrong. Go find a severely out of balanced wheel. Take it to a shop put the Beads in and show us the proof. There are many threads on this subject do a google search and ever1 should research a product and make their own decision on whether or not to purchase them. Don't take offence like I said you don't produce them your just re saling them.
And last I knew this was and still is the Good old USA and I am entitled to my opinion and to express it even on this forum. They did not work for me I will never purchase them again.

GaugeMods
02-27-2013, 08:04 PM
Tell ya what I'll bring my bike to your shop. You can take it for a ride with the wheel weights on. then we'll take the wheel weights off and install the Dyna beads and then retest. if they don't work you pay to have my wheel broke down and that snake oil removed and re balanced my wheel. And then you report the truth here on this forum.

how about it.

Mad Dog
02-27-2013, 08:10 PM
I wouldn't put a rim or tire under my ass that was that fucked up.
You do what you want. How much did you pay for that garbage tire and wheel???
Just saw how well you are doing in another thread. Maybe you need to take a deep breath, relax and figure out
what the fuck you are doing here.

GaugeMods
02-27-2013, 08:26 PM
So now you are bashing Renade Wheels That Paul Jr uses on every build. I do not see any difference between you and I other than you are a hypocrite, and afraid to stand behind a product that you are re selling.
I guess you can bash renagade wheels because you don't sell them......hmmmmmmm

Thruxtonbill
02-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Troll alert!

Mad Dog
02-27-2013, 08:35 PM
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
Your a funny guy.
Severely out of balance? You said it. Not me.

Which is it. The tire or the wheel.
Either way i'd say someone fucked you and you're too stupid to have them make it right.
You're not going to win this one dude.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Sorry for the edit: I will be back in 5.
Need to go fill some Skake Oil orders.

ABI
02-27-2013, 08:36 PM
So now you are bashing Renade Wheels That Paul Jr uses on every build. I do not see any difference between you and I other than you are a hypocrite, and afraid to stand behind a product that you are re selling.
I guess you can bash renagade wheels because you don't sell them......hmmmmmmm

You're the one bashing the wheels. You said it was a severely out of balance wheel and you paid $2000 for it. And who cares if Paul Jr uses them. I'm sure they don't even balance their wheels because their bikes don't get ridden. And if they do it sure isn't for very far.

junkyardjon
02-27-2013, 08:46 PM
you can my front wheel with brand new tire for the test. it need's to be balanced anyways. i went from a dry rotten/ cord's showing, rode smooth as glass, to a brand new dunlop 404 that has a shake and i know my wheel ain't jacked up.

if you don't use my wheel & tire for the test, i will bash you and the product.... LOL
any hoo, i should order some anyways and i know friends who say they work so i gotta try'em out.

Mad Dog
02-27-2013, 08:53 PM
OK, i'm back.
I see you guys have been helping me out while I was processing Dyna Bead orders.
Hey Mods, you still here.
This is just warming up.
Ok, i'm done. Promise.
You can come back with anything you want.
Meanwhile i'll go do something important like take a shit.

Gas Man
02-27-2013, 11:26 PM
Keep it cool guys...

Bottom line is this... many like them, I haven't seen a wheel they didn't work well in. I have heard that they don't work real well in high speed sportbike track racing due to the extreme angles the bikes get. But that's it. They have been used in semi trucks for a real long time. I have been using them for about 5 years now and love em. Wish I could put them in my cars but can't due to the TPMSensors.

I'm sure there are some that don't like them or say they don't work. However, if your wheel is that out of balance before you put any weights, you may want to check some things out first. Is the rim true? Is the tire on correctly to the valve stem? I don't think anybody should have more than about 2 oz of weight on any bike rim.

At the end of the day, we have always done a good job here at TWM, to be cool. Everybody has their buttons and sometimes we just push them for humor (like how much Mudpuppy adores me). But for the most part, we can all get along here. Further, we don't want to bash each others or vendors. I know Don at ValueTeck and I know if anybody has had a problem with a product he carries, he takes care of them. He stands behind his products and will only sell what he has used himself.

So let's not get all R.King on each other, because I'm willing to bet, we are all a bit on edge and itching to ride. Can I get an AMEN on that at least?

First one to hug it out doesn't pay for the first round! :cheers:

Caveman
02-28-2013, 03:39 AM
I would agree with Gas on the true of the wheel. I seem to remember your rim being a laced wheel??? If its that severly out of balance then it should be trued before balanced anyhow. The spoke rims sure do look pretty but damn are they a PITA when it comes to two things; 1) making those shiney spokes shine individually, and 2) even just a slightly untrue rim will wobble like an egg. remembering back to my days as a kid riding the bicycles with spokes and some jackhole kicked my spokes and I had to ride the bike home with a horrible rub on the brakes till I could get it to the cycle shop for repair.

yoohoo
02-28-2013, 04:05 PM
I prefer to use anal beads, there is actual video proof that they work. Haven't seen a video proving dyna beads do.

Nobody
03-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Check the truing on the rim as well as when the tyre is mounted. It's completely possible you could have a problem/defect in the tyre it's self.

Hawgrider
03-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Troll alert! Really... The guy Has an opinion. We are all entitled to an a opinion are we not. Guess Im a troll too- Here's mine-

97 FLSTC spoke wheels 92k + Im keeping my wheel weights. Tried and true no newfangled fads for me. The gold wingers love those freaking anal beads...... but they also call themselves dark siders for running freaking car tires instead of motor cycle tires. There's your sign.

Chain
05-14-2013, 09:37 AM
WOW, can't believe I missed out on this...

My opinion, if you paid that much for your rim and it's that bad? I'd be pissed... We have 5 of us running 21s on our SG's, and one with a 23, and all have the dyna beads in them... no probs what so ever...

Any how!?!

I have a REAL question here... I want to put them in our Tahoe tires, nice rims don't want to ugly them up with outdated, old fashioned, fukin lead... sorta like I like the new fandangled indoor plumbing, and these things you type on the "Internets" (George Bush).... :lol:

Any how!!!! CAN I and if I can, how much!?!?!

DON!!!! Let me know buddy! ;)

Mad Dog
05-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Depends if you have the tire monitor sensors. I think Chris determined they do not work with these. What is the tire size?

Gas Man
05-14-2013, 11:36 AM
Yeah they won't work with those TPMSensors. The little beads will get clogged in the sensor air passages. The only sensors they work with are the ones that are bands around the inner rim, which none of the manufactures use. I feel your pain chain... unless you ditch the sensors completely and get yourself of the tire psi light.

Mudpuppy
05-14-2013, 02:23 PM
I can't use them on the R1 because they don't recommend track use but I might try them out in my car when I change out the tires.

Chain
05-15-2013, 08:45 AM
Bummer... there 20".... and with the PSI monitor... If there is a way to get rid of them, I'd be willing to. Since we went to after market rims, they're nothing but a problem anyways...

Thanks guys!

Gas Man
05-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Most of those tpms are just the valve stem and a bunch of jazz on the inside... you simply use a classic valve stem with no sensor. But then the light will be on in the dash... so getting rid of that may be an issue.

Chain
05-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Yes, that was tried... and my idea of black electrical tape to cover it, didn't fly with the wife!!!! :lol:

BuckHunter
05-15-2013, 04:30 PM
You could always go old school and disassemble the dash and take out the bulb for the tire sensor light. Won't even know its missing since it will never light up again.

Chain
05-15-2013, 05:14 PM
You could always go old school and disassemble the dash and take out the bulb for the tire sensor light. Won't even know its missing since it will never light up again.

Trust me, I have thought about it... that's a lot of work.... ugh...

RedneckMedic
05-15-2013, 05:47 PM
Is there a certain fuse just for that sensor you could pull. Thats what we did in my ranger when the truck kept dinging thinking the door was open after it was shut. The only thing I lost was the dome light didn't come on when the door was opened.

Chain
05-15-2013, 05:51 PM
ahhh! Good idea!!!! I'll try that! Or if I can find the wire, I'll cut that basterd!

Gas Man
05-15-2013, 06:56 PM
Well now a days, the light is probably an LED. May be able to just cover it with electrical tape or somin.