PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle shop to fix/possibly modify tank and a shop to copper plate

apex factor
02-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Hi all,

haven't been on here in a little while but I haven't forgot about the site!

I'm looking for a shop that can fix a dent on my tank and possibly modify it too. Mainly looking for a shop to fix the dent and possibly paint it. I was told to check out Detroit Choppers but I have no experience with them. I'm looking for suggestions around metro-detroit, near rochester or clinton township would be even better!

Also, anyone know of any shops around metro detroit thatdoes copper plating or coating for motorcycle gas tanks?

I contacted selfridge plating and electroplating and both of them say they can't or won't do it.

Thanks in advanced for your advice!

-Matt

Gas Man
02-19-2013, 02:38 PM
DO NOT

I repeat DO NOT use detroit choppers. They don't even own a paint booth.

ABI a member here could paint it.

I don't know of any good copper plating places... the issue is that it is a gas tank.

You could powder it...

apex factor
02-19-2013, 02:54 PM
DO NOT

I repeat DO NOT use detroit choppers. They don't even own a paint booth.

ABI a member here could paint it.

I don't know of any good copper plating places... the issue is that it is a gas tank.

You could powder it...

Thanks for the heads up!

Anyone ever deal with Fab Kevin?

Yeah I thought about getting it powder coated using one of those translucent powders. I just want it to be somewhat similar to the custom copper fender I got.

Gas Man
02-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Fab kevin is awesome but I didn't know he did coating or painting.

apex factor
02-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Fab kevin is awesome but I didn't know he did coating or painting.

I'll be using someone else to paint or powder.

Gas Man
02-19-2013, 04:58 PM
I saw one of their big jobs and I threw up in my mouth.

Gas Man
02-19-2013, 04:59 PM
Here
http://www.twowheelmichigan.com/showthread.php?4641-Detroit-Choppers-26-quot-Street-Glide

RedneckMedic
02-19-2013, 06:26 PM
Your probably better off using a brand new tank if your going to get that kind of work done.

apex factor
02-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Here
http://www.twowheelmichigan.com/showthread.php?4641-Detroit-Choppers-26-quot-Street-Glide

Oh was that at the motorcycle show this year?! Either way, barf.

Your probably better off using a brand new tank if your going to get that kind of work done.

This is still an option but I'd like to see if mine could be repaired before getting a new one.

zamochit
03-22-2013, 03:11 PM
I know Im late to the party, but shit Matt I paint your cars and Im not good enough for your bike;)

BuckHunter
03-22-2013, 03:22 PM
Here

I wish I had never clicked on that link. That bike is awful!!! My eyes hurt and my mouth is now mad at my stomach for sending my lunch back up into it. YUCK!!!

Gas Man
03-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Well Joey, you'll see it for sure... he lives right around the block and goes to most of the bike nights with me.