PDA

View Full Version : Drink + ride?

Gas Man
02-07-2013, 06:10 AM
This is a topic of much debate... but what kind of hand rules do you use when riding?

Bagger Dave
02-07-2013, 07:56 AM
"As many as I can before I fall over, because I'm a dirty whore and must represent" :lol:

That would be Cutty! :lmao:

Gas Man
02-07-2013, 09:11 AM
:rofl:

RedneckMedic
02-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Depends on where im at and whats going on. If im hittin the bars around here probably just a couple. Farther away lik gibralter bike night usually only 2 at the most. Now situations like dover Probably shouldnt have been let back on the bike. I almost go lost goin through the tents back to out camp.

sprink
02-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Voted none. I think of "riding" as I am out to enjoy the road for a couple hours. I will have a couple beers local and use my bike to get home, that's not "riding".

Gas Man
02-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Depends on where im at and whats going on. If im hittin the bars around here probably just a couple. Farther away lik gibralter bike night usually only 2 at the most. Now situations like dover Probably shouldnt have been let back on the bike. I almost go lost goin through the tents back to out camp.

Port Dover is an exception.... :lol:

Voted none. I think of "riding" as I am out to enjoy the road for a couple hours. I will have a couple beers local and use my bike to get home, that's not "riding".

I hear ya there... guess we could have been more specific.

Moesride
02-07-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm with Rug on this. Depends were I'm at and how long I plan on being there. General rule for me is this......DO NOT ride bike if drunk or buzzed!

Kosher
02-07-2013, 09:41 PM
I'll have a couple over a fairly long time, but thats about it.

deep purple
02-09-2013, 08:33 AM
1 per hour, never over 3 in a riding day. I can't afford to pay the piper, not to mention the loss of my medical certificate.

Kosher
02-09-2013, 08:52 AM
I will say, however, that I'm worth more $ to my family dead than alive. :)

Nobody
02-09-2013, 09:45 AM
I got into a rolling fist fight once because one of my friends was going to ride my bike back to my place while someone carted me home in a car. I'm rather touchy about people touching my bike you could say. As a consequence I don't drink much more than 1-2 beers, anymore if I'm on the bike, so that way I can get my own ass home.

Thruxtonbill
02-09-2013, 10:13 AM
Is this poll for real? I would never drink and ride or ride with you if you drink, if you do you're dead to me.

Having said that I ride better when I'm high.

Moesride
02-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Have to agree with you Bill minus the high part.........could not stand the thought of my wife and kids having to deal with me getting hurt or checking out because " my husband or my dad" was drinking and riding.

Gas Man
02-09-2013, 01:59 PM
Well gents I know plenty of guys that do a bunch of bar hopping and trust me it's plenty more drinks than I listed in the poll. It is part of this riding culture, so much so that there is a label like "This is a great bar hopper bike". So the poll is for real and much to my pleasure, there is nobody voting on the bottom side of the poll.

horrorbusiness
02-09-2013, 05:04 PM
I've only had alcohol a few times in my entire adult life