PDA

View Full Version : keep a watch out

sprink
01-31-2013, 08:23 PM
Thought I would pass a quick story on to those that haven't heard. There are guys going around door to door "selling" cleaning products. They approach the door with clorox wipes or glade, etc. They are young men, travelling in a van with more young men in it. Their visits precede home invasions. This has been going on for quite a while all over the country. It must be taught in prison.

They visited my home this evening, well after dark. My porch light was not on. I sent him away and called the police. The police caame and questioned the young men few houses down the street then left.

I called the police back and was told they have a permit. So, you can get a permit to make your pre-crime activities legal. Simply amazing......

RedneckMedic
01-31-2013, 08:34 PM
Thats bullshit. Should have just dragged him in the house and shoved his cleaning supplies up his ass

Nobody
01-31-2013, 08:40 PM
They'll have a life altering religious experience getting into my place. I just started working on making a mace/war hammer for a friend's Halloween costume using bibles for the head of the mace :D

sprink
01-31-2013, 08:52 PM
A friend of mine on Facebook brought this to my attention before Christmas. Apparently a lot of this going on over by Whitmore Lake. I never opened the door. Turned on the porch light and saw young man with clorox wipes in his hand. Same MO, told him to leave and turned off he light. Called Police. I was prepared if they intended to escalate the situation. Now I just worry about when I am not home. My dogs that would have been ripping the door down to get the UPS guy didn't even move, yet alone bark.....odd.

RedneckMedic
01-31-2013, 08:54 PM
Ya any one knocking on my door after dark won't get met with a friendly smile.

Moesride
01-31-2013, 09:47 PM
First I've heard off this. I'll pass it on to my wife since she's the one I'd worry about if I'm not home.

Gas Man
02-01-2013, 12:06 AM
Yeah I haven't heard of this before either.

Owner has a gun on him. That's me.

Forget the fact that I have multiple security systems and a pissed off 160# dog on the inside too. Oh and as the saying goes "smile you're on..."

Trust me there are easier targets on the street.