PDA

View Full Version : Loud pipes or NO?

Gas Man
01-24-2013, 09:17 AM
I love some sound on my pipes, I have had crazy loud pipes... right now I just want some sound, don't mind em louder around town but want something I can quiet down for road trips.

YOU?

Kosher
01-24-2013, 09:39 AM
I love loud pipes. But its not just loud, its hard to describe what I like. I had Vance & Hines BSS on my Heritage and I miss them. They were LOUD. I have Kury Crushers on now, I like the way they look, and they sound ok, but not loud enough. Maybe they will get louder with miles. I need to trade bikes with someone again (Rug? :)) so I can get a first hand listen

Bagger Dave
01-24-2013, 09:50 AM
I have always loved loud pipes!:rockwoot: had them on the chop...had them on my sled...4 wheeler...etc.
I have the CFR's and the V&H Dresser True Duals on my Harley and I love the sound of my bike! I think it sounds loud and mean when you want it to :whoop:
when I'm on the highway doing 80mph or so...it doesn't bother me at all and to me is not as loud as when you get on it...
I always get compliments on my pipes...and even had a few people ask me where I got them from or a link, so they can buy a set for their bike :lol:
Gas rode with me and said they are loud as fuck! but to me...they are the perfect sound that I was looking for :dthumb:
I have also had people say that they never heard a bagger sound like that before :lol:
To each their own...I wouldn't trade my pipes and slip ons for anything else!

Mad Dog
01-24-2013, 09:58 AM
Stock here. Dave, you ride tail gunner.:)

Bagger Dave
01-24-2013, 10:57 AM
Stock here. Dave, you ride tail gunner.:)
No problem Don! :beers:

Gas Man
01-24-2013, 12:01 PM
That's the thing... on the baggers.. with pipes out the back.

They aren't as loud to the rider on that bike, BUT they do vibrate the seat more.
To the riders around they will be loud as hell and over sound the other guys bike. I get sick of riding next to some loud guys bike on road trips... I dealt with this many times with caveman's 4" rhineharts.

Bagger Dave
01-24-2013, 02:00 PM
That's the thing... on the baggers.. with pipes out the back.

They aren't as loud to the rider on that bike, BUT they do vibrate the seat more.
To the riders around they will be loud as hell and over sound the other guys bike. I get sick of riding next to some loud guys bike on road trips... I dealt with this many times with caveman's 4" rhineharts.
looks like I am out then on road trips huh...:lmao::eightball6:

Remo
01-24-2013, 02:13 PM
I like some tone to my bike but nothing too obnoxious. If I am riding with someone with loud pipes I try to stay in the lead, if they have a problem with that I stay a few bike lengths back.

sprink
01-24-2013, 02:18 PM
I went the loud Rinehart pipe way on my sporty, but then toned it down a lot with the supertrapp. My Buell is obnoxious and dumps out the side right under me. I would like to tone it down a bit and get it to exit down maybe...

Kosher
01-24-2013, 02:58 PM
looks like I am out then on road trips huh...:lmao::eightball6:

Well, you're welcome to join, but it might suck when you've got the rear guard and we're chuckin our cigars out, LOL

RedneckMedic
01-24-2013, 03:08 PM
I love my pipes they look great and sound great I just wish I had a little bit more sometimes. So for this season they will be ok but next winter I might think about switching to CFR's but I want to hear daves first since I have true duals as well.

Sure thing Kosher we can switch. It will help me figure out what size shield I want.

Bagger Dave
01-24-2013, 04:19 PM
Well, you're welcome to join, but it might suck when you've got the rear guard and we're chuckin our cigars out, LOL
:lmao: that shit won't bother me...I have had worse thrown at me! redflip

I love my pipes they look great and sound great I just wish I had a little bit more sometimes. So for this season they will be ok but next winter I might think about switching to CFR's but I want to hear daves first since I have true duals as well.

No problem Lance...once you hear them...you will want them...just ask Moe! :lol: :rockwoot:

Thruxtonbill
01-24-2013, 04:27 PM
I love my Lossa pipes, yep they're loud, but loud and sexy. I make HD owners stop and stare, Ducati owners are jealous but still won't look at me. Metric cruisers hang their head in shame...........I AM TRIUMPH! HEAR ME ROAR!

Mudpuppy
01-24-2013, 04:33 PM
yes but Yamaha R1 with a 3 bros exhaust at full throttle will make your plasti-dip melt right the fuck off

Thruxtonbill
01-24-2013, 05:06 PM
That implies I'll be behind you.

Thruxtonbill
01-24-2013, 05:06 PM
3 brothers?

leebo
01-24-2013, 09:54 PM
I like LOUD....tried quiet almost died

Moesride
01-24-2013, 10:02 PM
Daves CFRs are some bad mofos. Yes they are loud with a low deep rumble with a reverb when you decelerate that sound awesome. I have the 4" Reinhart true duals now that I'm happy with but am considering switching to the CFRs. Gonna wait till spring to ride with Bagger D so I can here them while were Rollin. Then I'll know if I want them or not.

detdrbuzzard
01-25-2013, 06:56 AM
ever heard a loud goldwing? they sound like shit to me

Mudpuppy
01-25-2013, 09:53 AM
That implies I'll be behind you.

Good point and yes 3 Brothers. They sound wicked. I have a video somewhere of me passing a camera at 180mph. Video doesn't do it justice but you kind of get the idea. I like to watch it and turn it up real loud and close my eyes pretending it is spring time. If we are on the east side I would be behind you but west side you would be behind me.........for a second anyways.

Thruxtonbill
01-25-2013, 11:54 AM
If we are on the east side I would be behind you but west side you would be behind me.........for a second anyways.

Oh we need a weekend in Hocking hills my brother. Let's make that happen this year.

Mudpuppy
01-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Oh we need a weekend in Hocking hills my brother. Let's make that happen this year.

Done. I am going there for sure this year. Let's get it planned. What is a good time frame for you? Let's try and lock in some dates / details ASAP.

Gas Man
01-25-2013, 09:44 PM
ever heard a loud goldwing? they sound like shit to me

i haven't. Got any video examples of what you mean?

Done. I am going there for sure this year. Let's get it planned. What is a good time frame for you? Let's try and lock in some dates / details ASAP.

I found a cool place to rent cabins. I want to go bad!!!

Bagger Dave
01-25-2013, 10:22 PM

That would be a cool trip! :dthumb:

Thruxtonbill
01-26-2013, 06:09 AM

You got a link to that or did you want to keep it a secret? BTW, you know that Hocking hills is in the USA right? (insert poke with a stick here.)

Gas Man
01-26-2013, 08:50 AM
http://www.lazylanecabins.com/

Thruxtonbill
01-26-2013, 10:57 AM
Ok well those are cool, are you planning on bunking and spooning with mud? I for one wouldn't bring a blacklight in one of those places, just sayin.

Gas Man
01-26-2013, 11:58 AM
One of the cabins has like 4 bedrooms... can sleep like 6 dudes with no cock-to-ass ratio. I think 2 of the rooms have bunks which I have done before and not that bad. But splitting the $229 a night 6 ways makes it chump change...

Mudpuppy
01-28-2013, 02:54 PM
we are sleeping in the caboose chris. those are bad ass. I actually might book a pretrip for march to take the wife for a weekend get away and do some recon. of course I won't tell her it is recon.

alhall88
01-28-2013, 05:42 PM
This is where I stayed and will definitely go back. You guys can keep your brokeback mountain cabins.
http://www.hockinghills.com/artistpines/

Mudpuppy
01-29-2013, 10:00 AM
This is where I stayed and will definitely go back. You guys can keep your brokeback mountain cabins.
http://www.hockinghills.com/artistpines/

lol.. chris does have a purdy mouf..

Thruxtonbill
01-29-2013, 12:56 PM
That's way to nice for biker trash.:lmao:

horrorbusiness
02-02-2013, 10:05 PM
I went on one H.O.G ride with the Port Huron chapter. We got split into two groups, old slow dudes in one pack faster riders up front. we went through a small town and i got caught at a light, leaving me at the front of the slow group. when the light changed I pinned the throttle and stayed at wot till I caught the other group. At the next stop this old dude comes up to talk with me. I'm thinking he is going to tell me how nice the fatboy is. I was wrong , old geezer was giving me hell for my bike being too loud and I ride to fast. I told him, "I was told to buy a harley and make it loud!" At the time it had d&d slip ons and was very loud, I now have Samson caliber s700 stepped pipes and with no baffles my bike makes more noise than when Godzilla attacks Tokyo.