PDA

View Full Version : 04 glide inner fairing

RedneckMedic
01-12-2013, 01:23 AM
Tore into my buddies inner fairing on his 04 firefighter edition so he can get the inner painted. Got it all off in about 2 hours. Can wait to see the finished product and see how kick ass it will be on there.

Moesride
01-12-2013, 07:36 AM
Painted inner gives the bike a huge custom look. Looking forward to seeing it done . Good thing about our flat black paint rug is that where already color matched.. :dthumb:

Kosher
01-12-2013, 09:03 AM
There's a guy down in Jacksonville, FL that will do it for $375, takes him about an hour, amazing apparently.

Some guys on hdforums.com brought him up to Atlanta for fairing swap fest, check it out: http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/835223-atlanta-fairing-swap-results-are-in.html

Here's his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PaintedHarleyFairings

RedneckMedic
01-12-2013, 10:15 AM
Ya ive heard about him and rumor has it there will be a way for us to get in on it. His buddy owns an auto shop that is doing it for free. He originally wanted black but i think we have hime talked into color matching it.

Kosher
01-12-2013, 10:28 AM
To be clear i mean 375 including the painted fairing. Ill be down in atlanta this summer, will probably zip down to jax to get it done

Gas Man
01-12-2013, 12:00 PM
Ya ive heard about him and rumor has it there will be a way for us to get in on it. His buddy owns an auto shop that is doing it for free. He originally wanted black but i think we have hime talked into color matching it.

Yeah rumor has it, there is a michigan guy doing it in conjunction with Paul, at the same price but no travel. :whistle:

Gas Man
01-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Also, lance, I tripple checked... all you need to do is pull down. But sometimes it helps if you leave the control on the bike when remvoing the cables, for more leverage. So put those little clips you removed back on the cable, so during re-assemble you can just push them through.

RedneckMedic
01-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Also, lance, I tripple checked... all you need to do is pull down. But sometimes it helps if you leave the control on the bike when remvoing the cables, for more leverage. So put those little clips you removed back on the cable, so during re-assemble you can just push them through.Cool thanks chris. That was the only real snag we had. It was a way easier project then i thought. We just took our time and labeled all the shit we took off

Gas Man
01-12-2013, 09:10 PM
Did you just push the radio & framing forward? The batwings actually aren't that hard.

RedneckMedic
01-12-2013, 10:45 PM
We just pulled the fair from around the radio and left the radio attached to all the mounting hardware.

Gas Man
01-13-2013, 12:46 AM
Right. Usually you have to move the radio a bit forward.