PDA

View Full Version : S.E. Michigan here!

Bob
08-26-2008, 02:45 PM
If anyone is ever looking to ride let me know.* I prefer early morning Saturday or Sunday rides but am always up for riding.

detdrbuzzard
08-27-2008, 09:52 AM
where are we going??

Bob
08-27-2008, 10:08 AM
where are we going??

Where ever. LOL* I usually head south and west.* Like the Monroe and Dundee areas or maybe Irish Hills.

disconvobulated
08-29-2008, 12:46 AM
HI
i live in mason, just bought a 1982 virago 920, and would love to go riding. have sundays open. And did you say DUNDEE????? ! Hmmm, cabelas is located there could satisfy 2 urges at once LOL

Bob
08-29-2008, 07:52 AM
HI
i live in mason, just bought a 1982 virago 920, and would love to go riding. have sundays open. And did you say DUNDEE????? ! Hmmm, cabelas is located there could satisfy 2 urges at once LOL

We had a Mason guy ride with us a couple of weeks ago.* Maybe we can plan a ride next Sunday?* I forgot this weekend was a holiday and the Detroit Grand Prix.

08-31-2008, 09:19 AM
I'm in SE MI too, (Taylor) and am always up for a ride. I like the early weekend rides too, just cuz the butt-heads are still in bed and such.

Lets get a little ride planned!* ;D

disconvobulated
08-31-2008, 07:39 PM
hey joker,
im headed to taylor this wed to take my cdl a drivin test going to trainco... LEST RIDE, we all need to plan a meet and greet...

09-01-2008, 04:07 AM
hey joker,
im headed to taylor this wed to take my cdl a drivin test going to trainco... LEST RIDE, we all need to plan a meet and greet...

A short afternoon ride and/or meet would be ok with me. I'll probably be out of work at 3pm, (subject to change as the wind blows because my boss is a bi-polar whack job), so then I could be somewhere.

Where will ya be, and when will ya be there?* ;)

Bob
09-02-2008, 10:05 AM
My Vulcan is down until my new coil and wires come in.* I swear all of the bikes I have ever owned require a special order on the simplest items!* HOPEFULLY they get here this week so I can ride this weekend.*

09-02-2008, 03:56 PM
My Vulcan is down until my new coil and wires come in.* I swear all of the bikes I have ever owned require a special order on the simplest items!* HOPEFULLY they get here this week so I can ride this weekend.*

Dennis Kirk ships PDQ and so does Bike Bandit.

Stay away from Ron Ayers for stock replacement parts. They usually have the lowest prices, but delivery time is 10 days to 2 weeks.

Dennis Kirk ships same day as ordered if they have it, and if ordered by 8pm. So you'll have it in 2 days with just their standard shipping. They also beat any advertised price, and ship free if over $100

Bike Bandit is usually 3 days, sometimes up to 5.

Berto
09-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Yup, what he said Bob.

I am in Novi, The west side of the east michigan... haha...

So, this ride... when?

Not next weekend... as I'll be in Indy for MotoGP weekend... not rubbing it in, just saying...* ;D

Bob
09-02-2008, 04:08 PM

Dennis Kirk ships PDQ and so does Bike Bandit.

Stay away from Ron Ayers for stock replacement parts. They usually have the lowest prices, but delivery time is 10 days to 2 weeks.

Dennis Kirk ships same day as ordered if they have it, and if ordered by 8pm. So you'll have it in 2 days with just their standard shipping. They also beat any advertised price, and ship free if over $100

Bike Bandit is usually 3 days, sometimes up to 5.

DK didn't have what I needed or I'd of used them.* I ended up ordering from the College Bike Shop in Lansing.

I bought from RA for FZR parts and then found out shipping times where ridiculous. LOL

Thanks guys!

Bob
09-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Yup, what he said Bob.

I am in Novi, The west side of the east michigan... haha...

So, this ride... when?

Not next weekend... as I'll be in Indy for MotoGP weekend... not rubbing it in, just saying...* ;D

I'm busy on the 13th and I think that is it.

09-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Yeah DK is more upgrade/performance/bling stuff, but they do have some stock replacement parts. It's worth a shot to check when needed. I got jammed for valve stems last week, ordered them at 7pm Tues and had them at 10am the following Thurs.

RA is strange. I tried to order a Pirelli tire from them, not even a stock replacement tire. 4 days later I get an email saying it's back ordered for a month. Found another place that had it at my door in 5 days and for less money than RA.* ;)

Bob
09-02-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm trying to get some Michigan place on board to sponsor the forums so we all have a GOOD place to go to.* I asked a few and none of them showed interest.* I'm waiting to hear on another one and should hear back this week from them.* I even emailed DK about it when I could not find any Michigan places interested.* Never heard back.

But yeah, DK is good.* I got some stuff from them, forgot what now, but 2 days later it was here.* Oh, it was side view mirrors for the FZR.*

detdrbuzzard
09-03-2008, 09:26 AM
i have a planned ride to go to erie metro park event and to the cycle in the city event on the 13th

Bob
09-03-2008, 09:29 AM
i have a planned ride to go to erie metro park event and to the cycle in the city event on the 13th

I might actually be at Erie on the 13th.

See this thread:http://www.2wheelmichigan.com/smf/index.php?topic=33.0

I might see you there!* I'm not 100% sure I can make it because of another obligation but I'm going to try.

09-08-2008, 06:19 AM
HI

Got any pics of your bike? (other than your avatar which I can't hardly see.* :D )

firerocker
09-24-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm trying to get some Michigan place on board to sponsor the forums so we all have a GOOD place to go to.* I asked a few and none of them showed interest.* I'm waiting to hear on another one and should hear back this week from them.* I even emailed DK about it when I could not find any Michigan places interested.* Never heard back.

But yeah, DK is good.* I got some stuff from them, forgot what now, but 2 days later it was here.* Oh, it was side view mirrors for the FZR.*

Hey Bob. Try out Chesley's in Lincoln Park. They have bike stuff going on all the time. They love it. They are on my friends list at myspace. Give them a try.

kaw_boy
01-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Sorry, I just found this site.....* * I look forward to showing you guys around our little playground up here......* * I would gamble to say the best loop of public roads Michigan has to offer....*

Berto
01-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Where are you KB?

kaw_boy
01-06-2009, 03:21 PM
If that was for me, I live just north of Dexter on Dexter Pinkney Rd...* 5 miles from Hell!!

snofrog
04-18-2009, 08:17 AM
Sorry, I just found this site.....* * I look forward to showing you guys around our little playground up here......* * I would gamble to say the best loop of public roads Michigan has to offer....*
in the dexter ,chelse, stockbridge, is my favorite riding area . how often do you get out ?

Bob
07-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Who else will have a ride this weekend?It's been a month since i had my ride.yeah,there are lots of work but anyway this is it.Hope to see you guys this weekend.

Where are you from?

frizzld
09-08-2009, 05:21 PM
i live in waterford always looking to ride anyone near?

rich2u
11-08-2009, 08:24 AM
hi rich from warren looking for a ride today. rich2u

telecast
11-08-2009, 08:55 AM
hi rich from warren looking for a ride today. rich2u

Look at the Fall no Color ride in other events. We're leaving the Milan Big Boy @ 11:00 am. Should be a good time.

seatmaker
12-23-2009, 08:52 AM
Where ever. LOL* I usually head south and west.* Like the Monroe and Dundee areas or maybe Irish Hills.

Bob, we head out to Irish Hills almost every weekend. Almost gettin tired of it actually. We run with up to 20 other bikes, let's hook up.

Gas Man
12-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Bob, we head out to Irish Hills almost every weekend. Almost gettin tired of it actually. We run with up to 20 other bikes, let's hook up.
I see how it is Seat. YOu don't invite me, but you invite the new guys. Hmmm :D

06-18-2010, 09:10 AM

Irish Hills, one of my favorite rides ... usually ride down u.s. 12 until I have to fill the tank, somewhere around Jonesville or Quincy usually.

50 though Monroe, Dundee, Tecumpseh great too ...

Telegraph down to Toledo is good.

Hines drive & gross Isle not bad either for relaxed short mellow rides.

Mudpuppy
06-18-2010, 10:30 AM
when you guys are done playing around with these prechool roads and want to go on a real ride hit me up.. just make sure there are no off color sportbike comments or i will leave you out there lost as a mfr and soon to be squealing like a pig when farmer john and his cannibal family get his hands on you..

06-18-2010, 10:45 AM
a real ride

such as ?

Gas Man
06-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Irish Hills, one of my favorite rides ... usually ride down u.s. 12 until I have to fill the tank, somewhere around Jonesville or Quincy usually.

50 though Monroe, Dundee, Tecumpseh great too ...

Telegraph down to Toledo is good.

Hines drive & gross Isle not bad either for relaxed short mellow rides.

M50... I hate it.

Tele to Toledo... only when going to bike night (Wed)

I too like Hines and "gross" isle

such as ?

He goes thru pickney, gregoery, hell, mason, etc...

telecast
06-18-2010, 01:23 PM
Roads with curves. I hate US12 and try to avoid it when I can. Not because it's mostly straight, but because there are so many assholes who us it. Next time try Austin Road from Saline west. It goes through Manchester into Napoleon. You can take 50 out of Napoleon.

Mudpuppy
06-18-2010, 06:29 PM
such as ?

the promised land.. i can't map it out for you because it is top secret.. we will set a saturday or sunday and i will show you..

NinjaGirl
06-18-2010, 09:47 PM
the promised land.. i can't map it out for you because it is top secret.. we will set a saturday or sunday and i will show you..

I wanna be in on that Saturday or Sunday!! I'm still waiting for my official WSL tour.

RedneckMedic
06-18-2010, 10:13 PM
as mud says it is the promised land (of michigan that is) im particularly fond of darwin just west of hell and north territorials freshly paved section

Mudpuppy
06-18-2010, 11:28 PM
I wanna be in on that Saturday or Sunday!! I'm still waiting for my official WSL tour.

no problem.. just have to figure out when.. maybe saturday july 3 would be good.. i am gone next week on business..

Mudpuppy
06-18-2010, 11:31 PM
as mud says it is the promised land (of michigan that is) im particularly fond of darwin just west of hell and north territorials freshly paved section

yes of michigan of course - it still pales in comparison to kentucky, tennessee, north carolina, georgia but its a little hard to take a saturday ride to the witches knuckle in nc or the dragon in NC/TN or blood mountain in GA.. see my video thread - MP 2010 videos and watch the very last video for a little glimpse - i got fairly deep into the WSL but still only was at the bottom of the crust just touching on the good stuff..

Frankenhippie
06-22-2010, 11:56 AM
You'll be in my "backyard" (Hamburg/Brighton area) so maybe me and the Buell can slide in. New rear tire to break in, dont cha know? LOL

Mudpuppy
06-28-2010, 02:16 PM
well i just got back from the deep south and now i am kind of bumming about riding around here.. holy shit are those some good roads down there..

Bob
06-28-2010, 08:27 PM
well i just got back from the deep south and now i am kind of bumming about riding around here.. holy shit are those some good roads down there..

I hear that man.

Gas Man
06-28-2010, 08:47 PM
F you very much Mud, you no pic posting son of a bietch! :D

Frankenhippie
06-29-2010, 09:16 AM
Hey MP, you still plannin a ride for this weekend? Just wondering... I'd like to meet some of the folks here if can I swing it but I need some heads up. Keep us posted....

Mudpuppy
06-29-2010, 01:53 PM
I would definitely like to ride on Saturday just haven't got that far yet.. Thanks for the reminder.. Currently trying to get unburied after being gone all last week. I will try and post something up in the next day or so.

And Chrissy I am working on the pics - I am about a month behind on all pics and video.

Icemann
08-19-2010, 06:39 PM
Bob, love your Avatar. Worlds Fastest Indian is one my favorite movies.
I'm slowly building a collection of Bike movies. I have a few good ones and must haves.

Bob
08-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Bob, love your Avatar. Worlds Fastest Indian is one my favorite movies.
I'm slowly building a collection of Bike movies. I have a few good ones and must haves.

Thanks man! I actually had plans to paint my motorcycle like the World's Fastest Indian but did not do it.