PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a 22 long rifle

Mudpuppy
01-02-2013, 02:12 PM
For MP Jr. to shoot. Got a Mossberg semi auto. Pretty nice gun. Nice and light. It was that or the cricket which is a small kids starter gun - same price. He was mad I didn't get the cricket but he still enjoyed shooting the mossberg. The mossberg was just way more gun and he won't outgrow it. It's a little big for him to shoot now but he will grow into it.

sprink
01-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Cool. I just sold my son's "starter" rifle a month ago. It was a youth Marlin single shot bolt action. He much preferred the AR with .22 conversion......

Mudpuppy
01-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Too bad I didn't know maybe I would have bought it from you. How much did you sell it for?

Lrider
01-02-2013, 05:54 PM
I think that Mossberg was the better choice.

sprink
01-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Too bad I didn't know maybe I would have bought it from you. How much did you sell it for?

$100, same as I paid for it 10 years ago.

I think that Mossberg was the better choice.

Perhaps. Much better in the long run.

Gas Man
01-03-2013, 12:22 AM
Too cool mud!!

Mudpuppy
01-03-2013, 02:38 PM
$100, same as I paid for it 10 years ago.

Perhaps. Much better in the long run.

Damn I was kind of looking to spend $100. I spent $150. Oh well. Marlin is a damn good gun too. But I am happy with the Mossberg. The semi auto is pretty sweet. Especially when I go coyote hunting with it. But something about the bolt action and I would think learning on a bolt action would be better - you have to actually open the bolt and close, etc. so it imo gives you more of a sense of awareness of how the gun works. Semi auto is like a slot machine - you just pull the trigger.

ChefC14
01-27-2013, 07:56 AM
Congrats, shooting with the kids is awesome. We've been going for the last 5 weekends. I was devastated this weekend when the kids said they didn't want to go. I went to the range alone and it just wasn't as fun. I still enjoyed myself though. I needed their youth to put the milk jugs out at the 100 yard wall. It damned near killed me walking out there through the fot and a half of snow. I thought I was going to have a heart attack out there.
The semi auto is like a slot machine, that's a great comparison.

Gas Man
01-27-2013, 08:38 AM
:lol: "I needed their youth" :lmao: