PDA

View Full Version : Check out my little girl.

ChefC14
12-28-2012, 06:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58x6pRdHNxU

She decided she wants to deer hunt next year so we started her training now. It gives us something to do over the winter. :)

Moesride
12-28-2012, 07:10 PM
:biggun:That's great Chef.........dad and daughter quality time. Doesn't get any better than that. :dthumb:

Bagger Dave
12-28-2012, 07:23 PM
That's awesome! :dthumb:

ChefC14
12-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Thanks guys. We had a lot of fun. We'll be going weekly for a while. At 50ish yards she is able to keep a pattern that's about a foot in diameter. She can only get better. We'll work our way back to 100 yards. I don't want her using a scope, we're just going to use the sights. That's how I learned to shoot and that's how I want her to. When she can hit clay pigeons at 100 yards we'll be good to go.

Mad Dog
12-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Prety cool. Nice to see. Looks like she handles it well.

sprink
12-28-2012, 10:09 PM
Nice! Watching her shoot the SKS I was going to comment about her need to push the gun forward, but I heard you tell her that with the shotgun. She did however just throw her hip forward, not really lean, lol. Good on you for teaching her!

My oldest boy could not follow my instructions in technique at all. He was safe, but leaned back and tilted his head funny. I had a friend who is an instructor and former LEO come and give him lesson. For some reason he took all the instruction given to heart. Might have been the yelling and physically moving him into proper position...

ChefC14
12-29-2012, 05:12 AM
Funny thing about style. We sat in the snow and I told her to imagine we're sitting in a blind. A deer comes out of the woods on the left and slowly makes his way into your range. I told her to take the shot but she couldn't get up. If she got up she'd scare it away. I told her she had to take the shot from her seated position. She pulled the rifle up to her shoulder and took the shot. It was a pretty good shot. The best shooting stance doesn't help when you have no choice but to take a shot from an awkward position. She thought that was super cool. The SKS doesn't have much of a kick so I knew she's be ok but I knew the 12 gauge would surprise her. We shot a few times last year but that was a .410, 22 and .38 revolver. This year we moved up because she's talking deer hunting. I haven't hunted in 20 years. I say good on her for forcing me back into the groove.

This is last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTYlNseuaEU

Gas Man
12-29-2012, 06:19 AM
I haven't watch the new vid but it sounds great. I remember your vid from last year. I can "hear" how proud you are of her and that's heart warming. Go you and GO HER!!

ChefC14
12-29-2012, 06:37 AM
Thanks all. Yes, I am proud of her. Even if we get out there, see a deer and she doesn't pull the trigger I'll be proud of her. It's a great experience for her and I love being outdoors. Daddy daughter time is precious, I've already raised 2 daughters and I do know how fast the time goes. Mama Bear is a little nervous but she's proud of her too.

Gas Man
12-29-2012, 01:27 PM
Watched the video. She's just a cutie. You deserve to be a proud poppa. She took the 12ga like a champ.

ChefC14
12-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Thanks Chris, she likes to be tough and she hates anything girly. The color pink pisses her off, I couldn't explain why if my life depended on it.

Gas Man
12-29-2012, 07:30 PM
You can't explain because parents just don't understand.

SportstersPaul
12-30-2012, 01:57 AM
Good on you, as we, (youngest boy and myself), took my 6 year old grandson up to the cabin earlier this fall. Pinned some ballons to the woodpile and let him work them over with the .22 cal. Berreta Tomcat. He did good so my son took him back up with the Ithaca .22cal. lever action. Again a sterling performance, the boys going to do just fine! Good lesson in safety and respect.